Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,365 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,471 reviews
on July 11, 2013
A good add on to your BaoFeng UV 5R+.
The base of the antenna fits perfectly to the transceiver - nice and snug. The 7.56" length doesn't get in the way.
The antenna is better than the BaoFeng rubber ducky but it's not a powerhouse.
I did hit a couple of repeaters that I couldn't hit with the antenna that came with the hand held, however if you need more distance, you might want to look at the longer Comet or Diamond antenna.
I'm satisfied with the ExpertPower Dual Band antenna.
on August 12, 2015
Tested the SWR on the antenna is way too high (almost 2 watts reflected on UHF)! You will burn out your radio without even knowing it, I am assuming people have returned radios they used with this antenna thinking the radio failed - instead they blew it themselves with this cheapo antenna!
on July 24, 2015
There is a gap between the radio and antenna that a 3/8" ID 9/16" OD 3/32" section o-ring fills up perfectly. This eliminates wobble.
review image review image
on August 29, 2016
Near perfect fit for my issued Baofeng UV-5R. It wobbles subtly in place, but remains in place and functional. This is a far better set up than the factory whip antenna. The other choice of the 'diamond' branded stub antenna is popular too. Mine is easier to tell apart, because everyone else has that. Both are the same length. However, the flexible (bendable) ability of this antenna provides great safety for me and those I deal with. Plus, one could imagine the humor it provides to us in the tactical fields... off record jokes.
on January 26, 2016
The 2 meter performance of this antenna was worse than the factory antenna for UV5RA. Seems to be well made but has inferior RF send/receive characteristics, Was unable to receive local repeater signals clearly, signals were fine with default UV5RA antenna. I cannot recommend this antenna and I am returning mine.
on April 25, 2017
I'm not a electrical engineer or an expert ham radio guy... however the antenna seems to give my HT more range, a vast improvement over the stock rubber duck antenna. The antenna is a bit long at 14.5 inches, however as with most things there are trade offs. Most of the time my HT is attached to my backpack shoulder strap so the height of the antenna is not an issue for me. I'm pleased with it and would recommend it to others.
on September 4, 2017
This antenna fits very well on my Baofeng radio. I would also believe that this antenna would also fit on any radio that has an sma-female adapter.

The two things that stand out for me are the knurled base of the antenna so you can grip it when installing or removing it, and the antenna has the proper depth at the base so there is no gap between the antenna base and the radio adapter. This a problem with the UV-5R series.

You could still place a small rubber O-ring at the base so you eliminate water or dirt getting into the connector.
on May 19, 2017
Bought two of these for a pair of Baofeng UV-5Rs. I wasn't expecting a huge improvement for a low-cost product, but hoped the extra length over the factory antenna would provide some extra range. I wasn't able to perceive any difference for good or bad after switching to these, so I decided to just use the factory antenna instead as it's easier to work around.
I gave two stars because the antenna also does not seem to be very well-made, even for a cheap product: its threaded portion is not properly centered within the antenna body, so the antenna sits cockeyed rather than threading down flush to the radio.
on August 3, 2017
Picks up a little bit about the same as the one that came with the radio and it doesn't do any better than the other one but they changed my frequencies for Dekalb sheriff Alabama and i don't know how to get them and the current one won't work i went to radio reference and google and can not find new frequencies and if anyone know how i can get it please let me know thank you
on March 4, 2016
Love this antenna! Using it to replace the rubber duck on my Baofeng UV5R. Fits very nicely, as if it were an antenna that came stock with the radio. It is also very well built.

Using the antenna has DRASTICALLY improved my range. I use it regularly from inside my house with the HT on 4 watts to hit local machines 20-30 miles away. I regularly receive good signal reports with full quieting. I highly recommend this antenna.
review image review image review image