Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,367 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,473 reviews
on August 12, 2015
Tested the SWR on the antenna is way too high (almost 2 watts reflected on UHF)! You will burn out your radio without even knowing it, I am assuming people have returned radios they used with this antenna thinking the radio failed - instead they blew it themselves with this cheapo antenna!
on August 29, 2016
Near perfect fit for my issued Baofeng UV-5R. It wobbles subtly in place, but remains in place and functional. This is a far better set up than the factory whip antenna. The other choice of the 'diamond' branded stub antenna is popular too. Mine is easier to tell apart, because everyone else has that. Both are the same length. However, the flexible (bendable) ability of this antenna provides great safety for me and those I deal with. Plus, one could imagine the humor it provides to us in the tactical fields... off record jokes.
on January 26, 2016
The 2 meter performance of this antenna was worse than the factory antenna for UV5RA. Seems to be well made but has inferior RF send/receive characteristics, Was unable to receive local repeater signals clearly, signals were fine with default UV5RA antenna. I cannot recommend this antenna and I am returning mine.
on April 25, 2017
I'm not a electrical engineer or an expert ham radio guy... however the antenna seems to give my HT more range, a vast improvement over the stock rubber duck antenna. The antenna is a bit long at 14.5 inches, however as with most things there are trade offs. Most of the time my HT is attached to my backpack shoulder strap so the height of the antenna is not an issue for me. I'm pleased with it and would recommend it to others.
on September 4, 2017
This antenna fits very well on my Baofeng radio. I would also believe that this antenna would also fit on any radio that has an sma-female adapter.

The two things that stand out for me are the knurled base of the antenna so you can grip it when installing or removing it, and the antenna has the proper depth at the base so there is no gap between the antenna base and the radio adapter. This a problem with the UV-5R series.

You could still place a small rubber O-ring at the base so you eliminate water or dirt getting into the connector.
on May 19, 2017
Bought two of these for a pair of Baofeng UV-5Rs. I wasn't expecting a huge improvement for a low-cost product, but hoped the extra length over the factory antenna would provide some extra range. I wasn't able to perceive any difference for good or bad after switching to these, so I decided to just use the factory antenna instead as it's easier to work around.
I gave two stars because the antenna also does not seem to be very well-made, even for a cheap product: its threaded portion is not properly centered within the antenna body, so the antenna sits cockeyed rather than threading down flush to the radio.
on August 3, 2017
Picks up a little bit about the same as the one that came with the radio and it doesn't do any better than the other one but they changed my frequencies for Dekalb sheriff Alabama and i don't know how to get them and the current one won't work i went to radio reference and google and can not find new frequencies and if anyone know how i can get it please let me know thank you
on March 4, 2016
Love this antenna! Using it to replace the rubber duck on my Baofeng UV5R. Fits very nicely, as if it were an antenna that came stock with the radio. It is also very well built.

Using the antenna has DRASTICALLY improved my range. I use it regularly from inside my house with the HT on 4 watts to hit local machines 20-30 miles away. I regularly receive good signal reports with full quieting. I highly recommend this antenna.
review image review image review image
on January 24, 2014
I bought 2 of these,1 for my Baofeng UV-5RE+ and one for my Baofeng GT-3. I was a little disappointed to see the first one out of the package was slightly off center and didn't sit level on my radio. I was VERY disappointed to see the second one out of the package was severely off center and was nowhere near level. I figured I would at least see if they worked and found reception to be the same as the stock antenna.

When I tried to remove them to place the stock antennas back on the units I found they were stuck and had to be turned with pliers to be removed. They were put on hand tight so I am assuming this was due to being off center.

I was going to send them back but being such a low priced item it is not worth the hassle. The one plus is that if you get one that is straight it is more flexible and less prone to breakage than the stock antenna.

I am going to chalk this up as a lesson learned and buy a couple of Nagoya antennas.

That being said the seller was quick to ship and no hassles. Unfortunately the product did not live up to the expectations.

Update: The seller was contacted and both antennas were replaced. Unfortunately these bases were even more crooked Than the first set. One won't even go on the radio and the other one sits at a 20-25 degree tilt. The seller has 5 star customer service but unfortunately the product is a failure. Go with Nagoya or Diamond unless you can examine these first hand before purchase to make sure you get properly drilled bases.
on May 10, 2014
i got the antenna and it dont work on the 2 meter side but dose work on the 440 and they sent me a e-mail heres what they sent me "
Hi John,

We have seen your feedback and know you are unhappy with the order. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
In this case, we would be more than happy to refund you your purchase and in exchange can you please remove your feedback?

Sincerely,
ExpertPower" so i sent one back about it burning up my radio so now i have a radio that done work and a junk antenna and do you think they would send me a email back and we try to find out how to fix all this NOPE its like i have your money now to bad ... so would i recommend this antenna to some one else NO I SURE WOULDNT !!!!!