Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 24, 2017
I have taught from this book three times...tried another title and am going back to Apologia.
on February 11, 2015
Good book. thanks. :)
on April 18, 2016
great condition ,Thank you.
on August 13, 2014
excellent
on November 29, 2014
Just what my daughter needed and came right away. THANKS
on November 12, 2015
I'm a Biology Teacher with a Ph. D in Molecular and Cellular Biology and I hate, hate, hate hate this book in terms of helping students learn. I don't even assign the reading from certain chapters because I think it will only confuse the students. Not enough pictures/diagrams-way, way too much complicated terminology that is defined using yet more complex terminology. If you wanted your student to hate Biology-this book is the way to do it. Only plausible for students who learn best by reading. Chapter on Mendelian Genetics is Okay, Chapter on Evolution is useful, global warming description is okay. This author misses most of the relevance and interrelatedness of what he is teaching. The approach of this book is also 50+ years old when Biology was a science of describing things. However, now we know how the cells works and can apply it to every aspect of our lives from nutrition to reproduction to immunity. Where is the relevance??
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2016
I love it! My children are actually learning science without an agenda!
on September 19, 2016
Great biology book.
on September 18, 2014
WONDERFUL science book from a Biblical perspective! This is the kind of material we need in all schools. I personally used this curriculum when I was going through high school, and I was more than prepared for college. I love everything by Dr. Wile!!
on May 25, 2015
While I haven't used this in a school year yet, I did read sections of it and spent a large amount of time reviewing the information available in the book. It seems to contain a very comprehensive coverage of high school level biology and will prepare students not only for college but to intelligently explain their belief in creationism. As a scientist, I feel confident using this textbook as part of our curriculum.