- Paperback: 581 pages
- Publisher: Worth Publishers; Eighth edition (December 25, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1429238267
- ISBN-13: 978-1429238267
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 1 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (446 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #322,766 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Exploring Psychology Eighth Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
DAVID G. MYERS is the John Dirk Werkman Professor of Psychology at Hope College, Michigan, USA, where he has taught dozens of Introductory Psychology courses. He has contributed articles to a number of scientific periodicals, including Science, American Scientist, Psychological Science and the American Psychologist, as well as digests of psychological science in magazines for the general public. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
- Lots of relevant color pictures, comic strips, graphs, diagrams, and quotes in the margins make the book more like a (very large) magazine
- Vocabulary words appear in the margins for contextual reviews
- Inside cover shows time line of great people and events in psychology
- Sections have both conventional titles and goals for learning that set expectations
- Text is easy-to-read, often entertaining and summarizes many interesting facts and experimental findings
- Interspersed self tests throughout a chapter are like rest stops on a turnpike that help verify comprehension and retention
- Chapter end review, vocabulary lists, and self tests are great refreshers
- Glossary provides full vocabulary of terminology
- Indexes of subjects, names, and references make reviews easy
This book is a keeper. I'm not selling it back after my class ends. You'll have to buy your own copy. :)
If have no clue about anything psychological, dont wait for college, buy it today!
There are pictures, funny and inspiring quotes, and constant pop up questions that can help you learn as you read.
The layout and language of the book is helpful, easy, and relatable.
I loved using this book for my General Psych class!