Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 404 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 449 reviews
on May 14, 2014
This was a very easy to read textbook. It was just as entertaining as wikipedia surfing, which I found surprising. The in-book quizzes were more challenging than my actual exams - something I found to be super helpful.
on July 13, 2016
My professor was nice enough to suggest purchasing an older version of Exploring Psychology, as the newer one has the same information. I purchased a used paperback version of this textbook. The only wear and tear was the corners folded up a little. The information in the text book was actually easy to read and understand. The sides have pictures, diagrams, and definitions to help your understanding as you read. This version of the text book has the same information as my friend's, who has the newer version. I would suggest this to anyone taking an Intro psychology class, you will find all the information you need right here.
on January 30, 2010
I've never wanted to write a fan letter to the author of a text book...until now. Author David G. Myers understands how the human brain works and learns and puts it to great effect in this book. If most text books are dry, then this one is juicy. Of all the text books I've ever had, I've enjoyed this one the most. Here's what makes it great:

- Lots of relevant color pictures, comic strips, graphs, diagrams, and quotes in the margins make the book more like a (very large) magazine
- Vocabulary words appear in the margins for contextual reviews
- Inside cover shows time line of great people and events in psychology
- Sections have both conventional titles and goals for learning that set expectations
- Text is easy-to-read, often entertaining and summarizes many interesting facts and experimental findings
- Interspersed self tests throughout a chapter are like rest stops on a turnpike that help verify comprehension and retention
- Chapter end review, vocabulary lists, and self tests are great refreshers
- Glossary provides full vocabulary of terminology
- Indexes of subjects, names, and references make reviews easy

This book is a keeper. I'm not selling it back after my class ends. You'll have to buy your own copy. :)
on June 4, 2016
Okay so I had to read this for a class that I took back in community college, it was a good read but the book itself is a lot bigger than what it needed to be in my opinion. I liked the content in the book but I felt at times that the publishers of the book made it a little too easy to read, being that it is a psychology book it should make you think more.
on December 22, 2014
I rented the hardcover version of this book for my Psychology 101 class. There wasn't any kind of damage done to the book when I received it. For those out there who might be hesitant to rent the book thinking it me be damaged, don't worry because the book will come in great condition.
on June 7, 2015
Instead of buying the 9th edition of this textbook, my teacher said that I could buy this edition in order to save money for my General Psychology class. This textbook was surprisingly fun and easy to use. It was similar to reading a novel than trying to read a lengthy textbook. It had jokes and comics throughout. It is a fascinating read and explains concepts in a way that makes them easy to remember. I had planned on reselling my textbooks from the semester, but couldn't bear to part with this one.
on May 8, 2017
The rating is based off of the quality of the book item itself, not the content. I paid $74 or so and the book came with sticky patches, folded edges, and the back cover of the book was missing with tape holding the last page to the book. Coincidently, the book came with a past exchange by another student it appears and they only purchased the book for $65? I'm not kidding, that was really still left in the book. Anyway, my problem is that I def. think I was overcharged.
on June 2, 2014
This book is great for anyone who has a interest in psychology.
If have no clue about anything psychological, dont wait for college, buy it today!
There are pictures, funny and inspiring quotes, and constant pop up questions that can help you learn as you read.
The layout and language of the book is helpful, easy, and relatable.
I loved using this book for my General Psych class!
on April 18, 2011
I LOVE this book! I bought it because it was required for a college course I was taking, not expecting much from it, since college books tend to be pretty boring in my opinion, but I ended up loving it! It is interesting to read as well as easy to read! The language is simple enough to understand and its organized well so that you're not overwhelmed by huge blocks of text. If you have any interest in psychology at all, I'd reccomend this book for casual reading and if you're ordering it for class, be glad your professor choose a good book. Hope you like it as much as I do!
on April 2, 2014
Needed for class, got it at lot less cost the school book store. Very interesting book, kind of pulls you in to read and the CD for additional work and reference also great. Recommend to lots of students, I know of several that were satisfied with it.
We the (students) need to find places at low cost for books, and I believe Amazon is one of them, BUT, sometimes takes longer to receive the books on time.