Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

90%
10%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$24.95

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on April 24, 2013
Wow... is all I can say. There are very few book that explain an idea from its big picture strategic framework, to it's highly tactical implementation as well as this one.

It goes through how to run an agile project management process in a really well thought out manner. I used this book as a resource - without any prior knowledge of agile - and feel that I was able to successfully implement a scrum program for my teams because of how well this book laid out the process.

The authors have read nearly every other important book on the subject (they are clearly credited in the text) and combine ideas from Lean, and from Kanban variants of agile into an extremely well written description of how to implement scrum.

Dan and Doug's experience very much shines through as at times they really will get into things that I would normally consider minutia. The language is simple, very easy to read, and clearly well edited.

My description does not do this book justice... go out and buy it if you are interested in agile at all...
on September 7, 2012
We're in the middle of a Scrum "conversion" for a client (migrate waterfall to Scrum) and I wanted to get everyone (including the client staff) a good book on Scrum. I bought six different Scrum books and read them all. Most of the books were too focused on one or two aspects of Scrum or were so poorly written that I thought my eyes would fall out. HOWEVER, "Exploring Scrum" is the ONLY book that covers all aspects of Scrum -- and does so in an interesting and engaging way. So, I donated five of the books to the library and ordered another 24 copies of "Exploring Scrum". If you're going to buy ANY book on Scrum, BUY THIS BOOK!
on November 6, 2015
I took training with Dan a couple of years ago. He is extremely knowledgeable and down-to-earth. His lessons have remained with me and we are trying to get SCRUM/Kanban operational across our enterprise. I give training sessions in how to do scrum at my company, and the book does help provide ammunition when people start to do anti-patterns.
on September 4, 2012
I've been working with something I used to call Scrum for about three years, but after reading just the first two chapters of this book I knew the truth... What I used to call Scrum I can now see that is just a Scrum try, but the book is not about putting you down, but making you realize the truth and give you a path to follow so you can successfully use Scrum and than enable yourself and your company to go beyond using any variation seems fit to your particular case without never again being prey of pitfalls or at least knowing what to do to keep Scrumish along the way.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2011
Dan and Doug wrote the best Scrum Reference Book to date in my opinion. We reference is all the time on my Scrum Team. My PO's (Product Owners) all were given a copy to review and reference it frequently. The ScrumMasters on the team really enjoy 3.4 - Stories and Epics...Great definitions for most Scrum Terms. We are thinking about taking a few of the definitions and putting them around the office "scrum meeting" room.

The glossary is one of the best on the web for Scrum and Agile!

The structure and organization of each chapter makes it very easy to reference anything you need quickly.
on September 3, 2014
This is by far the best book for Scrum that is in the marketplace. There is no other book that is even in the same class. I continually use this book as reference material and for exceptional guidance for solution that work. If you are an Agile Coach, you must have this book!!!!!
on March 23, 2013
I took SM course with Doug back in 2009 and was amazed by how he focuses on values and principles that shape what Agile is all about.

His book is an extension to that with more details in the world of scrum from practical perspective.

Definitely recommend it for avid Scrum practitioners.
on June 5, 2014
I started reading this book in preparation for a scrum class I am taking. At first, I wasn't really getting it, but as I progressed through the book it started to make more sense.
on December 16, 2014
Awesome Book !!!. I planned on doing CSM and before attending the course read this book. This book is easy to read and makes perfect sense.