Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 100 reviews
on October 27, 2011
I bought "The Story" by Randy Frazee because it looked like an interesting way to get an overview of God's story to His people. I decided it would make a great gift for friends and family and went on Amazon to order additional copies. It was then I realized it had several support materials to use as a Bible study for groups. I recently began teaching it to a group and I've had really good feedback. It tells God's story from Genesis to Revelation and helps get into areas of the Bible many people know little about, especially the Old Testament. Randy helps make that much easier by using NIV scripture to tell "God's story" but it flows like a novel. There are questions for each chapter in the back of the hardcover, 31 chapter book that are relevant and help the reader see how we can know God more today through these "old" stories and the people of the Bible. There is a particiapant's guide, a DVD at a really reasonable price, and other support materials. This reference book offers some additional information for the leader to use and also provides questions that I have used during the class discussions. Although I could easily ask the questions provided in the study guide without participants having their own book, I have found it helpful for them to read over them ahead of time. This allows people to put more thought to the questions before we discuss them. I have taught many studies and enjoy digging deep. This study is a nice change that requires a little less deep digging for the participants and as I said, gets them into areas of the Bible they might know little about.
on May 25, 2017
A wonderful SUPPLEMENT to the Bible. It is NOT a replacement for the Bible, just a great supplement to learn some of the stories you may not know if you're new to the faith and get a general overview of the Bible. I also used the supplement to this book "Exploring the Story" which is not needed but did provide even more information chapter by chapter including overviews and character background. I loved it and I am passing it on today to another new Child of The Faith.
on June 13, 2017
companion to the book. needed for sunday school study. A great reference companion for further study.
on April 18, 2017
great referance to go with the book
on February 16, 2016
Great background information for those who did not study cultural backgrounds of the Bible. A quick reference guide to get one started on a deeper study of the scriptures. And a great resource for "THE STORY" novelization of the Bible.
on February 11, 2017
What a companion! The ranking is more than 4 stars, but less than 5. The reason being I wanted to see more than a breeze past Revelations and the prophets. This was still an informative book with prying questions and gave a terrific view of history and the influences at the age.
on July 8, 2015
This book is an excellent and well written book. My minister used it extensively during the Lenten season, and a class was taught using this book. Thank you for an excellent Amazon experience.
on October 5, 2016
Reading this in a Bible Study I'm doing. Haven't completed it yet but it's very interesting. It's written in chronological order highlighting the main events.
on November 4, 2012
I use this book with the large Story Book. I like the way it lists the main characters of the chapter and a little about each of them. It also goes a litte deeper to help explain the chapter in the Story.It also tells what the person's name means which is interesting.
on February 7, 2017