Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Expo Original Dry Erase Set, Chisel Tip, 7-Piece with Organizer, Assorted Colors
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Size: 7-Piece with Organizer|Color: Assorted Colors|Change

I spent 10 years teaching in a blackboard and chalk environment, but I changed jobs several years ago and I've been teaching in a whiteboard and dry erase marker world ever since.

I have to admit that I was hesitant to make the switch - people don't like change, but I've come to appreciate the increased flexibility that dry erase markers can give.

I routinely use 5 or more different colors of markers in my zoology courses (black, red, green, blue, orange, and sometimes others), and I've been particularly pleased with Expo Dry Erase Markers.

I find these markers to have brilliant colors, I quite like the orange ones :-)

Of course, no marker lasts forever, and like any marker, once these start to run out or the tip dries out it's a gonner. Until then though they work great.

Likes:
- I like the fact that you can tell when the pen cap is firmly seated - a must for lengthening marker life
- I also like how the pen cap fits easily and securely into the opposite end of the marker so you don't lose it while you are writing.
- I like that fact that the color of ink in the marker is clearly indicated on the pen body.

Dislikes:
- The chisel-point tip on these markers is too fine. When a marker is brand new you have plenty of ink, but because the ink tip is so fine you have to hold the pen at a particular angle to get a wide enough like to make a bold mark that is wide enough for students at the back of a 100-seat lecture hall to see. Then by the time the pen nib gets into a workable shape to produce a nice heavy line every time you shortly run out of ink.

All in all, these are very good pens, but not without some minor issues, thus 4 stars for teaching. These would be worthy of 5 stars if they were used only for personal in-home white message board use.

I hope this was helpful.

Write-on!
on January 15, 2013
Bought this for dry-erase calendar in our kitchen. No smell and easy to write with the thinner tip markers. Black for holidays, birthdays, etc. Blue for my activities, red for my wife's, green for both. Eraser works great. If you use the spray cleaner do not use the eraser to wipe away, rather paper towels.
on April 19, 2012
I bought these low-odor markers mainly for the reason that I started to get dizzy when I breathed in too much of the toxin odor from a regular Expo dry-erase marker. If you put these low-odor markers 2 inches in front of your nose and gave them a big sniff, you can certainly smell them. However, if you just use the markers like a regular person, then you won't smell the terrible odor when you write on the board. So, I would say it is a pass for my sniff test.
on September 22, 2011
I homeschool my children and we use dry erase boards a LOT! These markers work well (much better than the less expensive type), last a long time and the tips don't fray like some others do. It was nice to find this set!
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2007
This really keeps stuff together nicely. My daughter has a whiteboard for drawing. She was always leaving her markers out and could never find the cleaning solution. It is a nice set for the budding artist. Perhaps it's overkill for generic office use. This kit keeps things together and away from the toddler! Also, the low odor markers do make a difference.
on October 25, 2015
I have a giant wall calender and the chisel style pen nubs are just too bulky for it. These fine tips are perfect! I can write neatly and organized looking in my writing style.

The spray and eraser are nice additions and get the ink off quickly without much fuss (the blue tends to stain a bit but the spray helps) its a great little package and i am very happy with this purchase.
review image review image
on March 11, 2007
The markers are dark and clearly visible, while the eraser is fairly thorough. The box comes with a plastic-molded container (as you see in the picture), with double-sided tape for easy, stable, mounting on a wall beside the whiteboard. For the low price, this is unbeatable.
on December 24, 2007
My work uses this on our shop floor holds up nicely, bought one for home
on December 6, 2009
Product works good. Low odor except for the green is a bit stronger than the others. The markers don't erase as easily as the "Board Dude" kind, so it's nice to have the cleaner with them.
on July 1, 2009
I chose this kit above the others because it seemed to have a good mix of everything. Large markers for the big stuff, small markers for the details, and everything you need to get rid of the evidence.

It comes in a decent case that would fit, and stand up well on any book case. It seems that I received a different case than the one in the picture though. The four skinny markers are on the left side and the case looks a bit smaller. Hardly an issue though as everything was included.