Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on July 28, 2015
This is NOT the old version!! this is the new 2.0 version. It has the little clear cellophane filters you are to put over the white-balance disc to make it the warmer balance. It works, but I like the older version, so not to hassle with the little clear cellophane filters, especially if in a hurry.
on February 4, 2013
Love this product!
The ExpoDisc is one of those overlooked profesional photo accessories that make a big difference in consistent high quality results and help streamline your work flow. Lots of UTube videos online to explain who simple the EDisc is to use. If you set up your manual exposure properly, the ExpoDisc turns your camera into an incident light meter and provides a perfect custom 18% gray image for that moment. Shoot your images and later in post edit sample your 18% gray image for correct white balance, then sync your images. done, move onto styling the best shots...
on April 29, 2013
The disk works great.
The Seller described it: "like new". But the disk has many small scratches on it from being placed onto the smaller lenses. This was not described by the seller. In fact another seller had a "like new" disk for similar price, with a description of one scratch, so I chose this seller which simply did not describe the many scratches the disk has.

Anyway, I gave 5 stars to reflect well on the product. The product still works good with the many small scratches.
on August 4, 2013
The tweak to warm the skin tones is very slight and so does not really affect the overall scene. However, skin tones come out more natural and warmer and does not look cold. I have been using the original Expodisc for perhaps, 5 years and even though the WB seems "correct" I prefer this Portrait version for daily use. If I should need to shoot to reproduce colors faithfully like in the case of shooting lipsticks for a catalog, then I will revert to the original Expodisc.
on January 30, 2010
I bought this to go with my Canon EOS 30D. Canon DSLRs seem to have trouble generally with white balance, and for me the Expodisc seems to clear up this trouble easily.

There is only one glitch: You have to take the white balance test shot (with the Expodisc attached to the front of the camera lens) at the location where your subject will be, and with the camera lens pointed toward the light source. This might be a little more trouble than having the subject hold a grey card for you to shoot.

Ken Rockwell (on his website) recommends the warm balance filter because of his own preferences, and I agree. A warm filter is better when shooting nature and people, in my opinion, since it brings up the reds a little bit. Expodisc did not over-do the warming either; a little bit is just fine!

The Expodisc itself is quite well-built, and the spring-balls around the periphery let you snap it on the front of the lens (with or without additional filters attached) quickly without fiddling with threading, as you would do with any filter for example. This is very convenient!

The optical surfaces are plastic, but I think performance will not suffer as the Expodisc ages and gets scratched and dinged up, since the pigments appear to permeate the entire filter plate. A diffuser in front also does not worry me, since the curved parts of it are inside, where they cannot accumulate dust.

It comes with a neck-strap, making it easy to keep it available while you are shooting. Also, a beltpack case is provided, which can accomodate the Expodisc and another filter of your choice.

I look forward to using this with my circular polarizer filter, because the Expodisc will fix the white balance shift introduced by the circular polarizer (sort of a "coldness"), while preserving the advantages such as cloud and sky visibility and reduction of glare.
on March 15, 2013
This is so easy to use! I got the 77m so I could put it over my small lenses and only needed one. I use it with my Nikon D800 and it makes my photos a bit too warm for me. I am going to try the neutral to see if I like that better.
on February 9, 2016
Works great.
on November 27, 2013
I have found both expodisc's to be exactly what I wanted if you are going to buy this product they have redone it it is now 1 disc only you add filter's to it
on March 20, 2013
A must for any photpgrapher but get the 77mm if your lens isnt that big all you do is old it up to your lens.
on May 13, 2012
I'm so happy with my ExpoDisc. Even though I mostly shoot portraits I feel like it's a little warm for me but it's really easy to batch fix each time I use. So easy to use!