Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$7.00+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on July 4, 2010
I picked up Ryan's book after reading his free online edition of "Chapter 5: Making the Pages." Because that chapter perfectly answered my question, it seemed the rest of the book would be useful too. And, it was!

Ryan's book covers installation and basic concepts, and provides an introduction to some of Expression Engines new advanced features as well. The book takes readers through an example setup that is sufficiently detailed: The coding techniques he shows, while basic (which is exactly what you want in a Quick Start Guide), are also very good examples of how to properly write code. The book is written so that you don't have to read the whole thing, either, something he explains in the opening "How to Read This Book."

I highly recommend this book for people looking to get started using Expression Engine 2.0. This new EE (major) release is really well done and worth looking at as an alternative when considering a publishing platform. Ryan's book will help you get started quickly, the right way.
on July 24, 2014
As a newbie to Expression Engine, the author lays out a simple to understand course in how Expression Engine works. If you are not familiar with HTML and CSS, I would suggest in brushing up on them first, to help make sense out of the example sin the book.
on May 15, 2016
A good basic guide and introduction.
on August 13, 2013
This product is not for beginners. Although he calls it a "quick start guide" it is designed and written for those who are already familiar with HTML and CSS.
I only wish the description had been more explicit in that regard.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2010
I bought the book used on purpose and so I am satisfied with the condition it came in. I wasn't expecting all the pages to smell of smoke, but all in all I am happy with the condition and it was shipped to me quickly. I had a small question on the tracking code and received a quick response from the seller and the issue was resolved. I would buy from them again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse