Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.95 shipping
Wood Expressions Deluxe Tournament Chess Set with Canvas Bag and Triple Weighted Chessmen
|Price:||$32.58 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$9.77 (23%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Deluxe tournament canvas chess bag with shoulder strap
- Super-Triple Weighted Plastic Chess Pieces with 4" King - Collectively Weigh approximately 2.2 lbs
- 4" King - 34 tournament chess pieces, includes extra queens
- 19 3/4" Green and Buff Roll-Up Vinyl Board with 2 1/4" Squares
- Perfect set for scholastic and tournament play
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Top Customer Reviews
The chess pieces:
1. Heavy pieces feel good in hand. Nice touch on the weighting.
2. Colors are deep black and a pleasant white/cream.
3. The fabrication process is not “top notch” as you can see/feel the vertical separation lines. A better process would have buffed these out. If shopping in a store where I could see it before the purchase, the price point and the vertical line would be enough of a turn off for me to look for something else. Not enough of an issue for me to send back, though.
4. The pieces are a little bigger than I expected (not a bad thing.)
5. The queen has a sharp/prickly crown that is off putting. This is my single biggest complaint about the set.
6. The set is not made to impress. This is your utility set that you knock around, but I cannot testify to durability because we take care with our stuff.
7. My 10 year old son said “I have played on nicer tournament sets before.” Not sure what you can do with that unspecific comment .
The chess board:
1. Colors are solid, easy to see.
2. Rows and columns are nicely labeled.
3. The rubber mat is rolled onto the tube the wrong way, so it takes a while for it to “uncurl”, but not a real issue. A little sun did the trick.
4. Another reviewer mentioned that the smell is off-putting. That is an understatement. When you get this thing out for the first time, allow time for it to air out. It will hit you in the face once you open the box.
5. Like the pieces, just a little bigger than I expected. This is a large set folks.
1. The extra strap is in the way. I removed.
2.Read more ›
After about 9 months of significant usage, the weightings have fallen out of a couple pieces. They are pretty easy to put back in place with a little glue, so not much trouble in my opinion especially when I think about how much abuse our set gets. I would definitely recommend this chess set to anyone who is looking for a good price/benefit ratio.
The quality is good, with solid triple-weighted pieces. This is a large regulation set suitable for both tournament and casual play. It is really satisfying to feel the solid weight of these pieces as you move them around the board. Their weight also makes them steady so your pieces won't tip in the heat of blitz play. There are mould lines as you would expect on any cast plastic pieces, but they are overall pretty clean. I scraped some extra plastic off the queen's crowns to clean them up a bit.
The bag is nice and has handles and a shoulder strap for carrying. It comfortably fits the included roll-up board, all the pieces for the set, and a chess clock with some room to spare if you want to add some notebooks or other odds and ends. There are also two pen/pencil loops to keep your writing materials in place. Everything seems protected inside and I would not worry about damage from reasonable use.
This is a basic vinyl roll-up board used by clubs and tournaments all over. At first it had a little bit of curl from storage, but I was able to play on it right away without any problems. After letting is sit out for a while it now lies flat with no problems. It rolls of quickly and neatly for storage and transportation and fits nicely into the bag.
The set is packaged thoughtfully with all items protected from damage in transit. The queens even had thin cardboard/paper wrapped around their crowns to prevent damage during transit. Everything is packaged in a manufacturer box and again an overbox from Amazon. The mail carrier would have to seriously abuse this thing to damage it.Read more ›
Had a slight problem with a piece damaged in shipping. The seller replaced the piece promptly and without hassle. Having said this, I feel the pieces are sturdy and not prone to breaking -I was just unlucky. Service was great, though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
There bag/carrying case arrived with a broken solder strap and hand strap is missing. Overall quality is poor. Chessmen are ok, but I expected a carrying case I can use.Published 2 months ago by Marek
Very good set, board and bag. Well weighted and the carry bag is heavy duty.Published 5 months ago by Richard
Love this set. The pieces feel solid. My only minor complaint is the queen is quite sharp on the crown part.Published 5 months ago by H. Tedja
I bought this for my ten year old son and he loves it. I was slightly disappointed that the mat was green instead of black, I missed where it said what color, my mistake tho. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ashley
A good sturdy set. The board is a rollup rubberized material. Durable, but has a tendency to hold the shape of the carrying case-difficult to lay flat. Read morePublished 6 months ago by S. Cline
The entire "package", bag, board, and pieces weighs over five pounds.
The Queens are way pointier than they need to be. This was mentioned in another review. Read more
Always wanted a traveling chess set. This whole set pieces, rolled board and case is just awesome. I love it.Published 7 months ago by Ricardo Herrera