Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 191 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 200 reviews
on January 17, 2016
I agree with others who said that the female receptacle is defective in that some male 120V plugs will not stay inserted. I was trying to check the current draw on Frigidaire window A/C unit and I had to hold the plug in while checking the current; otherwise the male plug would "pop out" on it's own.
review image review image
on January 16, 2015
As others have said, the receptacle only makes contact with the power prongs for about 1/8 inch (~3mm) . Any motion will pop the plug out, and sometimes it even pops out by itself. You might not notice this with a grounded plug as the ground pin tends to hold the plug in. I had had mine for to long before I noticed this, so I guess I'm stuck with it. I may try taking it apart to see if it can be improved. I suspect I will eventually toss it and get the Amprobe model.
on November 26, 2012
The 120 V outlet is either defective or poorly designed (or perhaps both). A standard 3-wire grounded plug only makes contact the last 1/8" of insertion. Any slight movement of the plug breaks the circuit. The connectors for a voltmeter also did not fit properly (way too tight). In the same order I also bought the Amprobe ELS2A splitter. It is much better made and all of the connectors worked well. I returned the Extech unit to Amazon in exchange for another Amprobe unit.
on August 15, 2017
I'm using this on an electrical project to monitor the AC side of a DC battery bank. I've taken AC current measurements from the physical wiring on loads up to 10.6 amps, and I have identical measurements with this item placed in series within the circuit. It allows for safe measurements without having to wire an amp meter in series. This product is rated up to 15 amps (1800 watts), which fits within the power capacity of my setup. I may need to look for a 30 amp line splitter in a future power design, but this product works great within its rated specifications.
on March 18, 2017
Does what it says it does. Just plug it into any standard 110-120 household AC outlet, plug your standard 110-120 household AC appliance into it, and then use a clamp multimeter to determine how much current (amps) that appliance is drawing. Handy for RVers who may be limited in how many amps they can use at any given time. Let's you know what you can run simultaneously if you're on, say, 30 amp service, and you want to run multiple appliances at once.
on July 20, 2017
This splitter works as advertised! I got and actual "in-use" measurement of the amperage used by my dehumidifier, just as a test. Now, I can construct an accurate list of devices I can run with my portable generator, in case we lose power.
on May 5, 2017
The female socket would not hold plugs in. I had to open it up and bend the clips so that the clamping point wasn't on the very tip of the prongs, but a little further up. This should not have been necessary, and I'm not sure how long that repair will last.
on August 13, 2017
Plug pops out like others. Clamp is too short inside unit. Works great otherwise, but don't expect the female portion to work consistently or properly. Inside just broke on me. Another poor product in the trash!
on September 9, 2016
Works great, super handy tool to have in the Electrical bag. I read the questions before I bought it and saw the guys saying "just use a cord.. and separate the wires.. clamp the hot...." O.K. yeah, because that looks really professional. I'm a GC, and this is the kind of tool that you will break out in front of home owners, What kind of half-@ss am I going to look like if I broke out a 3' whip with 2 different plug ends, and the jacket pealed back over a 2 inch area with 3 wires hanging out...what a joke THIS THING COSTS $20 BUCKS! No need to McGyver anything. Its clean, neat and compact. The x10 is also very handy.
on March 2, 2017
This line splitter is well made and works exactly as advertised. I bought this to help monitor the voltage and current from my emergency generator and it does that perfectly.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.