Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon Save on select ClickTight convertible car seats

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 29, 2008 5:17:40 AM PDT
Laura says:
Has anyone heard whether or not there will be an extended edition of this film? I know they did that for the first film in the series, but they waited several months after it'd been released. Do you know if they plan on doing that again?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2008 7:50:02 PM PDT
to be honest I wouldn't doubt that. I have considered waiting to purchase this to see if they will. I was one of those people who bought the two disc of the first movie only to buy the extended version a few months later. hope that helps.

Posted on Feb 20, 2009 6:29:11 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 20, 2009 6:30:17 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 20, 2009 6:30:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 20, 2009 6:30:53 PM PST]

Posted on Apr 23, 2009 7:52:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2009 7:52:56 PM PDT
J. Turner says:
At this point, I'm not too hopeful. The extended edition of the first movie was announced either just before or just after the standard edition hit stores, so people could decide whether they wanted to be double-dipped or not. No such announcement was made this time. And considering Caspian's relatively poor (compared to LWW) box office performance and the fact that Disney has dumped Narnia, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd guess the best shot at it will be around the time that Dawn Treader hits theaters, as an extended version of PC will be Disney's best shot to make some bucks off a franchise they are no longer associated with.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2009 7:42:29 AM PDT
Laura says:
Disney dumped Narnia? Are they crazy!?! Were they worried it wouldn't be kid friendly anymore? The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is one of the best books in the series. Why would you drop out before then?

I guess there won't be an extended edition either. I too am waiting to see if Disney decides to pull something out of the "vault" right around the time tVotDT is coming out in theaters. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Posted on May 1, 2009 12:43:50 PM PDT
Drizzle says:
Prince Caspian is my favorite.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2009 5:31:29 AM PDT
J'aime says:
They did dump Narnia, but Dawn Treader was already in production so that will be released in theatres. Caspian cost $225 million to make (plus marketing costs which are usually equal to the budget) and only made $150 million in the US. They probably made back the investment when foreign box office is added, but nothing compared to the profit from the first film. So they are not making any more after DT.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 1:48:38 PM PDT
Dawn Treader is not being produced by Disney. The rights are now owned by FOX. Depending on the success of the Dawn Treader, they may or may not continue to the series. I hope that they do. Dawn Treader is a such a visually striking book. If budget contraints do not handcuff the film, it definitely has the potential to breath life back into the series. And, to address the original topic of this thread, I haven't heard anything about an Extended Version release, but I hope they do take the time to do one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2009 7:59:22 PM PST
Caspian almost made $420 million worldwide.

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about