Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2007, 6:32:36 PM PST
After a DVD has been available for a while, the movie even shown on TV (cable), suddenly the Director's Cut is mentioned/shown on cable. Why is the Director's Cut, which is usually longer and may add critical detail to certain scenes, not available at the initial time of release of the DVD ?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2007, 9:58:45 AM PST
SmartguyH says:
duh because the theory is that you'll buy both versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2007, 8:27:16 AM PST
G. Buck says:
And, because it sometimes takes longer (and demand) for an extended version to come out. Music has to be written, special effects added, etc. It costs a lot to do an extended version of these types of films.

And, again, they want your money. Heck, I have three versions of each Lord of the Rings DVDs, so I am a sucker.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2007, 11:55:39 PM PST
family-style says:
But where is the Director's cut for the Potter movies? I watch it on ABC Family with all the deleted scenes shown in sequence. I buy the 2-disc dvd's of the Potter movies and can't find a way to show those deleted scenes in the sequence in which they were intended. Is a director's cut available for any of the Potter movies?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2007, 4:56:53 PM PST
This is what I want to know. I'd love the extended versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2007, 11:00:38 AM PST
It could also be that they'll wait until all 7 movies are out to do something of that nature. I'm waiting until they're all done so i can get the extended Director's special features version. My guess, based on the LOTR release, is that it won't be available until at least a year after the 7th movie is out. However, my hope is that with the Pirates franchise offering things sooner, that will encourage an earlier release of the "super" version of the series on DVD.

Posted on Jul 9, 2011, 10:38:10 AM PDT
So, none of the harry potter movies are out on dvd with the extended version? i do see them on abc family as the extended version. i do think the books are better, but i feel the extended version would add more to the movies

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2011, 10:53:39 AM PDT
family-style says:
You can find the extended versions of the first two Harry Potter films in the set labeled "Ultimate Editions". All of us were rejoicing when those came out, thinking that the rest of the "Ultimates" would provide us with more of the same. Unfortunately, WB decided NOT to offer extended versions in the remaining Ultimate Editions, a fact which has disgruntled a lot of folks (myself included) as you have been reading in the comments provided about these editions. Hopefully, someday, WB will wake up and provide the extended editions for the rest of the films sometime after HP7(2) comes out. At least they provided HP1 and HP2 with the ext. versions already. These were the two films, IMO, which were in greatest need. I've seen the extensions of HP3 and HP4 and don't think they were that valuable. HP5, on the other hand is much better with extensions, as would be HP6 & HP7(1). Let's just hope their greed (@WB) will provide for us.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011, 7:32:10 PM PST
The Versions of all the Harry Potter movies they show on ABC family have scenes I have never seen before are these the extended versions?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers