|Wireless Type||5.8 GHz Radio Frequency, Bluetooth|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
TP-Link AC2600 WiFi Extender, Up to 2600Mbps, Dual Band WiFi Range Extender, Gigabit port, Repeater, Access Point, 4x4 MU-MIMO, Easy Set-Up, Extends Internet Wifi to Smart Home Devices(RE650)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Extend the range of your Wi Fi with the dual band RE650, compatible with any type of Router / Gateway / Access Point ( 2.4GHz 800Mbps / 5GHz 1733Mbps)
- Quad Antenna design for ultimate coverage for all areas of your home
- MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology allows the RE650 to talk to Multiple devices at once for optimal Performance between devices. Beamforming Technology sends targeted Wi Fi signal to individual devices for stronger connections.
- Smart indicator lights help provide optimal placement. Should be installed between the Router and the desired area.
- Gigabit Ethernet port connects wired devices to your network for high speed connection
- Easy to install Experience stable connections for any type of applications such as Retail POS, Internet, Gaming, Mobile phone, Alexa, Echo and more
- All WiFi extenders are designed to increase or improve WiFi coverage, not to directly increase speed. In some cases improving signal reliability can affect overall throughput.
- If you experience any trouble during or after set up, please contact us. TP-Link offers a 2 year warranty and Free 24/7 technical support
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Buy this product as Renewed and save $25.89 off the current New price.
Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top trending products related to this item
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- AC2600 Wi-Fi Speed
- Dual 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 4-Stream Wi-Fi Bands
- 4x External Antennas
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet Port
- Supports MU-MIMO Wi-Fi
- Works with Any Wi-Fi Router or AP
- Tether App Requires Android 4.1 and iOS 8 or Higher
Get Powerful Wi-Fi Where You Need It Most
Send high-performance Wi-Fi across your home to eliminate dead spots and lag with the RE650. The range extender's Wave 2 Wi-Fi technology includes 4-Stream and 256 QAM, which create ultra-fast AC2600 Wi-Fi for seamless gaming and 4K streaming in any room.
MU-MIMO lets the RE650 communicate with many devices at the same time to speed up connections, a feature amplified when the extender is paired with any MU-MIMO router. An Intelligent Processing Engine manages each Wi-Fi band and every connection without interruptions, and the RE650's quad-antenna design ensures a strong Wi-Fi signal where you need it most.
Powerful Wi-Fi for Incredible Performance
The RE650 deploys 4-Stream and 256 QAM technologies to create lightning-fast AC2600 connections. 4-Stream adds an extra data stream to both of the range extender's Wi-Fi bands, and 256 QAM expands the overall capacity of the dual bands.
With 4-Stream and 256 QAM working together, the RE650 can handle the demands of gaming at higher settings and streaming in 4K without buffering or lag hampering your online experience.
Intelligent Processing Engine for Wi-Fi Without Interruption
The RE650's Intelligent Processing Engine balances the demands of your devices to keep Wi-Fi connections fast and smooth. The engine sends Wi-Fi traffic to dedicated processors, leaving the extender's powerful dual-core CPU to take care of everything else.
With intelligent processing, you can game online, stream in 4K and download large files while your Wi-Fi remains fast and all your connections stay strong.
MU-MIMO for the Best Connections
Wave 2 Wi-Fi technology equips the RE650 with MU-MIMO, which lets the extender talk to several devices at once over the same Wi-Fi band. This simultaneous communication maximizes the performance of all your devices, even when they're running at the same time.
When paired with a router that also uses MU-MIMO technology, the RE650 delivers extended Wi-Fi that minimizes wait times and turbo-charges all of your Wi-Fi connections.
Quad-Antenna Design for Expansive Coverage
The RE650's powerful quad-antenna design boosts its Wi-Fi coverage to a phenomenal degree. Four high-powered antennas minimize coverage dead spots and create strong, reliable Wi-Fi connections with devices in the farthest corners of your home.
Beamforming technology makes the RE650's already impressive coverage even better. With Beamforming, the RE650 can detect the direction of its Wi-Fi connections and focus its wireless signal towards them, helping strengthen your home's overall Wi-Fi performance.
Wireless Bridge and AP Modes
Connect wired devices like game consoles and smart TVs to your Wi-Fi for blazing performance with the Gigabit Ethernet port. To create even stronger Wi-Fi coverage, connect the extender directly to your router via Ethernet and switch over to Access Point mode.
Easy Setup and Universal Compatibility
An LED lights up red where Wi-Fi is weak and blue where it’s strong to help you find the perfect setup spot, and the extender is easy to move so you can enjoy strong Wi-Fi wherever you need it. You can also connect the extender to any Wi-Fi router, access point or modem router.
Set up and manage your Wi-Fi with the TP-Link Tether app (Android, iOS). Tether allows quick access to settings such as guest privileges, scheduling and device management. An intuitive web UI helps you keep your network up to date by downloading the latest firmware, and the extender alerts you when critical updates are available.
World's #1 Consumer Wi-Fi Brand*
Nearly half the people in the world who use Wi-Fi networking products use TP-Link. With over 150,000 products shipped daily, substantial investment in research and development and meticulous in-house design, manufacturing and testing, we’re proud to be the world leader in Wi-Fi.*
*According to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q3 2016 Final Release.
|Technology||Dual Band Wi-Fi||Dual Band Wi-Fi||Dual Band Wi-Fi||Dual Band Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi|
|Placement||Wall Plug||Wall Plug||Wall Plug||Wall Plug||Wall Plug|
|Interface||1-Gigabit Port||1-Gigabit Port||1-Ethernet Port||1-Ethernet Port||1-Ethernet Port|
|High Speed Mode||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Easy Setup (RE) Button||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Antennas||4-External Antennas||3-External Antennas||2-External Antennas||3-Internal Antennas||2-External Antennas|
Compare with similar items
Extend high-performance Wi-Fi across your home to remove dead zones, drop outs and spotty signal with the RE650 Wi-Fi range extender. Wave 2 Dual-Band with 4-stream and Turbo create Fast AC2600 Wi-Fi connections so you can enjoy watching 4K movies and gaming without lag in any room. Mu-mimo lets the RE650 talk to many devices at once to reduce wait times and speed up connections. Match the RE650 with an MU-MIMO router to amplify performance over extended Wi-Fi. The intelligent processing engine seamlessly manages each Wi-Fi band and every connection while four powerful antennas boost Wi-Fi coverage across your home. Frequency Range: 2.4GHz & 5GHz(11ac); Interface Available: 1 x 10/100/1000M Ethernet Port (RJ45); Protocols Supported: IEEE802.11ac IEEE 802.11n IEEE 802.11g IEEE 802.11b IEEE 802.11a; System Requirement: Microsoft Windows 98SE NT 2000 XP Vista or Windows 7 8 10 Mac OS NetWare UNIX or Linux.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The best I can figure is that this is come kind of technological zombie that keeps coming back from the dead to kill my 5 GHz signal. It's time to destroy its brain and be done with it already.
I received an exchange for the exact same model. This new repeater, likewise, would not connect to the TP-Link AC1750 WiFi router's 5 gHz frequency. I don't believe that running a repeater on a 2.4 gHz frequency at only 1/4 speed is worth the $70 + price tag so, this goes back as well.
Using an app on my Android phone ("WiFi Analyzer"), I measured the signal strength - prior to installation of the extender - of my 5GHz band at a very poor -75dBm. I could barely use the internet in that room and my WiFi connected TV could not play a YouTube video without degraded quality and long re-buffering pauses.
After installation of the extender, the signal strength is -40dBm which is as high as the meter goes. Now, the web loads quickly and I can watch TV again in that room.
Set-up was easy. Despite being instructed to place the extender halfway between the main router and the "dead spot," I placed it right next to the TV in my room and it works fine.
The only negative is that the password for logging directly into the extender is insecure. This password is strictly for administering the extender (changing settings, etc.). It's different from the network password you use get online for web-browsing. It's set to use an insecure default password ("admin"). The instructions do not mention the password nor do they encourage you to change it to something only you know -- which you should do. To change the password, install the TP-Link Tether app on your Android or iOS device. You can change the password there.
Top reviews from other countries
Things I discovered during setup that you may find helpful:
1. Comes with two versions of "Quick Installation Guide" A small booklet and a large foldout sheet. The large sheet shows different setup for Windows and Mac, while the small booklet does not. Therefore I used the large sheet guide.
2. The 5GHz LED takes a lot longer to light up than the 2GHz LED. At first I thought the 5GHz was not working, but just need to be patient.
3. I gave both of the TP-Lnk extended networks, the same name and password as the host apple router. That way any new device signing on to the WiFi can make its own decision about best signal. Some existing devices like my apple TV did not automatically switch to the strongest signal. Solution is to go into apple TV settings, select "forget this network", then "add network", entering the same network name.
4. If setting up the TP-link extender via WiFi to computer, changing the TP-link network name will break the link to computer. I know how obvious this sounds when it is written down, but I did it twice before realizing what the problem was.
I did a Factory Default reset, a new setup (twice), and i still had the same issues.
By the way, the range extender was updated to the latest firmware on day one.
Starting the second week, the connection dropped on daily basis. There was no warning at all. The LEDs were all blue, I still got full bar on all of my devices, but there was just no connection to the Internet. It seemed the connection between this extender and my main wifi router broke. But again, all LEDs were blue.
I had to unplug it and plug it back to reset.