Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dock Extender 30pin Extension Adapter Cable for Apple iPad2 iPhone 4 3G iPod -Black
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 17, 2012
Bought this for my wife's IPhone, her lifeproof case, it lets her plug her phone into her desktop alarm/ radio/ Ipod player
on June 27, 2012
I have an Apple iPhone 3GS in an Otterbox Defender case. I have been unable to insert the phone into any dock without removing the case, so I don't utilize the dock I have for my phone and instead plug it directly into a cable. I just purchased a new car that has iPhone integration and the cable does not plug into the phone when it is in the Otterbox. While this attachment does allow me to plug the phone into the car cable without removing it from the case, I would not recommend trying to insert the phone into the dock. The adapter sticks out fairly far and adjusts the center of gravity of the phone. The phone stands up out of the dock quite a bit and I am afraid of damage to the phone port due to the weight of the phone. So, it does accomplish my primary goal of utilizing the car cable. It does not allow me to safely use the dock stand.
on May 29, 2013
I bought 5 for my family about 6 months ago (all of us have Otterboxes for our phones. These work with the base stations on clock radios, boom boxes and other types of electronics made for I pod and I phone docking. I have been waiting for them to fail or damage the phones and they have not, they simply work as if there was no adapter / extension used. PERFECT!!
on September 3, 2012
This was ordered for use with an iPhone and a clock radio/iPod unit. Because of the case on the phone it would not slide down on the dock on the radio without removing the case each time. This extender is just what was needed to adapt the phone to the radio unit to listen to music and dowloaded lectures through the radio. Great product and service - delivered before its expected delivery date.
on September 9, 2013
Like many others I'm sure, I have a variety of iPhone docking stations and a variety of iPhone cases. Trouble is, they rarely play nice together. This product solves that problem for barely a few bucks! I bought three of these, installed them in three different docking stations and I now can use virtually any case with my phone and still charge it and/or play tunes through the docking station. I will buy again from these guys for sure!
TIP: No matter how good an extension adapter is, you will likely find it coming out with the phone every-time you remove the phone from the dock. This is not a knock on this particular brand, it is simply a fact with adapters. MY SOLUTION: take a couple drops of Gorilla Glue and put it around the docking station where the adapter will touch it. Plug the adapter in, let it dry for a while, and afterwards you have a permanently extended docking station!
on July 30, 2013
I'm trying to use it on an ipod nano 6th generation in a dock. It will charge through the adapter but the music won't play. That's the whole reason I bought it so it's a fail for me. I tried it in a second dock and it still doesn't work. Could be the ipod, could be the adapter. The ipod works without the adapter so I'm leaning toward the adapter.
on December 5, 2012
This is great for those cases that make it difficult to plug into the phone; using a Llife-proof case if a perfect example.
on September 30, 2013
The price was low and they appear to work just fine. I have our 4th Gen IPODS in an Otterbox case and the opening for the 30pin connection is encumbered by the Otterbox protective flap. These extenders help to clear that opening and allow various connectors and backup batteries to plug into the IPOD thru that opening.
on June 5, 2013
I have the life proof case for the iPhone 4s. The opening for the life proof case is small and will only fit the iPhone 4s cable so the other things I want to plug in wouldn't work. This extender made it so I can use all my other cords and accessories.
on August 4, 2013
I got this to use with my iphone 4 that has a lifeproof case on it. This is a must if you want to use a dock or ihome or something, but don't want to remove the case everytime. It's also good for car docks and FM transmitters too! It fit my phone perfect! I'm probably gonna order another one for my wife as well to use with an alarm clock dock so she can charge her phone in the bedroom also. Can't wait to get a few docks instead of moving usb cables all over the place.