|Manufacturer||Litcessory (Philips Compatible)|
|Part Number||LIT-Extension 3M-01|
|Item Weight||2.39 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.3 x 3.4 x 0.5 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Size||10ft - 1 Pack|
|Color||White (Standard 6-pin) - V3|
Litcessory Extension Cable for Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus (10ft, 1 Pack, White)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ✔ ATTENTION -- SELECT THE CORRECT VERSION: Philips makes TWO versions of their lightstrips (Standard 6-Pin V3 and Micro 6-Pin V4). The Micro 6-Pin V4 has a smaller pin connection and IS bluetooth compatible, while the Standard 6-Pin V3 features larger pins and is NOT bluetooth compatible. Please see the image with both connectors to determine the correct version you have before purchasing.
- ✔ ENDLESS DESIGN -- create breaks in your lightstrips, run lights under cabinets, create lighting for shelves, or connect lightstrips across an entire room -- the possibilities are endless!
- ✔ EASY INSTALLATION -- easy to use! Our cables are flat & flexible AND all pin connectors are removable.
- ✔ TECH SPECS -- designed for the Philips Hue Lightstrip system, supports runs up to 33 feet (10 meters), cable is UL listed, made for indoor locations only.
- ✔ REQUIRED -- if you want to connect this product directly to the Philips Lightstrip Plus Controller, you MUST use our Controller to 6-Pin Adapter.
- ✔ LITCESSORY’S HASSLE-FREE 2 YEAR WARRANTY – We know you’ll love this product, but if you have any issues at all, just send us a message and we’ll be happy to assist!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Philips Hue is great, but it only allows for a single, continuous lightstrip run. Litcessory products allow for several! This extension cable, specifically designed for the Philips Hue Lightstrip system, enables you to create a break in between your LED lightstrips instead of having only one continuous lightstrip. The possibilities are endless! You can run lights under cabinets with a break over the sink, create sharply defined lighting on a series of shelves, or even connect lightstrips across an entire room. Our cables are flexible and flat, which makes them inconspicuous - perfect for designing your ideal lighting setup!
NOTE: If you want to connect this product directly to the Philips Lightstrip Plus Controller, you MUST use the Litcessory “Controller to 6-Pin Adapter" to do so. If you want to connect to a cut lightstrip, you must use one of our 6-pin to Cut-End products. Please see our product line chart below for more info.
This extension cable is great for...
- Connecting to the end of a lightstrip to add a break between lightstrips
- Running lightstrips around corners
- Creating space between a lightstrip and a controller (with the use of our “Controller to 6-Pin Adapter”)
Important things to keep in mind...
- Supports lightstrip runs up to 33 feet/10 meters (lightstrips and extension cables combined)
- Male ends are removable, converting them to female
- Cable is UL Listed
- Made for indoor dry locations only
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will Litcessory products cause my Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus to be dimmer?
- No, Litcessory products do not affect the brightness of the lights, as long as your total lightstrip run length (Philips Hue lightstrip length plus any Litcessory product length) stays within 10 meters/33 feet, your lights will be just as bright!
Philips says their lightstrips are expandable to a maximum of 10 meters/33 feet. If I use an extension cable or ethernet cable, does this affect the 10 meter/33 foot limit?
- We recommend keeping your total lightstrip run under 10 meters/33 feet. This includes the total length of your lightstrips and any Litcessory products and ethernet cables. Some customers have reported success going over this limit, however we have not tested this.
I have a cut Philips Hue lightstrip and I need to add a Litcessory extension cable and connect another cut Philips Hue lightstrip. How do I do this?
- To connect two cut lightstrips together with a Litcessory Extension Cable, you will need our 6-Pin to Cut-End Connectors. This connector has a cut-end connector on one side and a 6-pin connector on the other side.
- Connect the cut-end connector side of the cable to the cut lightstrip.
- Plug the extension cable into the 6-pin side of the 6-Pin to Cut-End Connector.
- Connect a second 6-Pin to Cut-End Connector to the other cut lightstrip
- The extension cable now has two 6-pin connectors to plug into between the two cut lightstrips. All Litcessory products with male pin headers are removable, so you can make them male or female as needed for your project.
Do Litcessory extension cables have LED lights on them?
- No, Litcessory products do not have any LED lights.
|Extension Cable 3.3ft||Extension Cable 10ft||Extension Cable 6in||Splitter||6-Pin to Cut-End Connector||Controller to 6-Pin Adapter|
|Connection Type||6-Pin to 6-Pin||6-Pin to 6-Pin||6-Pin to 6-Pin||6-Pin to 6-Pin||6-Pin to Cut-End||Controller to 6-Pin|
|Can be placed between the controller and the first lightstrip||Yes, with the use of our Controller to 6-Pin Adapter||Yes, with the use of our Controller to 6-Pin Adapter||Yes, with the use of our Controller to 6-Pin Adapter||Yes, with the use of our Controller to 6-Pin Adapter||Yes, with the use of our Controller to 6-Pin Adapter||✓|
|Supports lightstrip runs up to 33 feet/10 meters (lightstrips and extension cables combined)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|6-Pin Connector Removable?||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Cable is UL Listed||✓||✓||✓||✓||N/A||✓|
|Indoor/Outdoor||Indoor Only||Indoor Only||Indoor Only||Indoor Only||Indoor Only||Indoor Only|
|Compatible with Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Lightstrip Mounting Tape|
|Strong, Removable, Double Sided Tape||Our strong yet easily removable double sided lightstrip tape is perfect when trying to reuse a lightstrip.|
|Mountable On Multiple Surfaces||Great for mounting Philips Hue Lightstrips under kitchen cabinets, behind TVs and monitors, along shelf and stair edges, and just about any other solid surface!|
|Easy Installation and Removal||Our tape is an improved design made specifically for LED lightstrips. It is perfect for relocating and reusing Philips Hue Lightstrips with no sticky residue left behind.|
|No Residue Removal||Litcessory Lightstrip Mounting Tape can be easily removed from a surface with no residue left behind, but once removed, the tape cannot be used again.|
|Compatible With Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus||Specifically designed for use with the Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus.|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I edited my review from 4 stars to 5 because I ended up using the other cable to do my upper cabinets and i was thrilled with how it came out. Didn't seem fair to dock the product for forcing me to purchase two when I found it so useful.
Aside from a few difficult reaches in running the cable through my walls the first run went great. It saved me money on LEDs that would be hidden in the walls & allowed me to couple multiple cabinets as a single logical "Hue Light" in my home automation configs.
I was very happy with the product at this point.
But while running the second extension cable, I found that both ends had Female connections instead of the the Male-Female as described on the product page.
This was a frustrating disappointment.
Even more frustrating, I found that I was not able to get just the one botched cable replaced. I had to send back both cables & get both replaced.
This means having to undo the delicate & tedious task of running the good cable, just so I can do it again once the replacement arrives.
I repeatedly tried to request replacement of just the one cable that had not been installed, but got no response to my queries.
BOTTOM LINE: This is a great product for fitting your Hue lights to your home, but you may find Customer Service disappointing if you run into a Quality Control issue like I did.
The pictures I included are from before and after installation, the first is with my overhead light on, the second with only the light strip on.
If you purchase this, make sure to watch the videos closely before making any cuts to the light strip. I had no issues with my cuts. The only issue I had was one of the connections on the solder points was not making complete contact so not all of the LED’s were lighting up. Easily fixed this my checking all of the connections.
*note: you do not have to have soldering knowledge or ability for what I purchased, though the company does offer some products that do require soldering, so go through the website as they guide you with what you need based on which Philips Hue Light Strip you have.
Top reviews from other countries
If you want simple under cupboard lighting and do not want the hassle of installing cabling to route to a master switch, and want to be able to switch them on remotely, these are awesome. Not cheap but well worth the money, fantastic quality!