Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 431 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 505 reviews
on May 6, 2014
I love Debi and Gabriele's show on the Cooking Channel. I've made many of their recipes and they have all garnered stellar reviews. They have made me fall in love with Tuscan food and I couldn't be more happy with this gorgeous book that was just delivered.

I was thrilled to see that the book has the Roast Pork recipe with sage and rosemary - one of the best pork loin recipes I have made. The book is beautiful and the photos are stunning!

I'm editing this review as I have had further time to review the book - and am pleased that many of the recipes from the show are included in this book. I'm of the school (being the founder of the Cookbook Junkies) that I'd rather have a beautiful book in my hand than a sheet of paper while cooking. I can wholeheartedly recommend Gabriele and Debi's recipes - they work, are rustic and delicious. The beef stew, lasagna, pasta alla gricia, and tiramusi are just a few of the dishes I have made and are perfect - and am looking forward to the risotto with carrot honey that I am making this week as well as many others.

Gabriele has given me permission to start a group to cook through the book so - please come join us! Search Cooking through Extra Virgin - Recipes and Love from our Tuscan Kitchen on Facebook.
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2016
Being Italian I thought, "do i reeeeally need another italian cookbook??" Yes! I did. This book is so enticing and mouthwatering. Even recipes I write off initially as ones I don't want to try turn out amazing! I especially apprecaite the short stories about the food and their family history. Each recipe feels like a quick little 30 minutes spent in their company. I personally despise entertaining and throwing parties, but the way she encourages people and shows examples of what to have for napkins and serving pieces really put me at ease. Buy the book! Your tummy will thank you.
on September 24, 2015
This book is fabulous! Everything I have made has been delicious and very truly Italian. The sauces are just as you would get in Italy. The flavors are simple yet delightful. It is my go to cookbook for everything Italian. Italian food is not difficult. It should be basic, no special tricks, and this book delivers. The Red Sauce is the staple. My neighbor is Italian and I made this sauce one night. She said it was better than her family's. I cook mine until it is nice and thick. Nothing worse than runny sauce. The cooking time also gives the flavors time to blend together. You can't go wrong buying this book. If you want authentic Italian, this is the resource to get.
on August 14, 2017
I stumbled over the Extra Virgin television show one day while channel surfing, and to my great joy I have watched every show. I was wishing Debbie and Gabrielle would do a book, and this is it. I love the recipes, the photos and stories are lovely. I look forward to buying more books from them in the future. Bring it on!
on July 13, 2014
I love Debi and Gabriele's show,it is the best cooking show that i have ever seen,like ever.I made a few of the recipes,they are in the cookbook as well and wow,soo good. I have to thank you guys for one particular recipe,Sausage and Beans,my husband made it for me after we watched your show and we said that looks good..He made it for me the next day and i will never forget tasting that for the 1st time,it is perfection.What i like about your recipes Gabriele is that you only use a few ingredients and the end product is delish.Cooking like a true italian.My family lives in Italy now,Rome and Capalbio,so i've been there a lot.That is exactly how they cook too,very few ingredients and delicious food in the end.Real italian food tastes NOTHING like the so called italian food here.A true italian wouldn'd be caught dead eating the so called italian food here that is packed with fat and after you eat it you want to take a 5 hour nap.I want to thank you both for inspiring me to be better not only in the kitchen but in life as well.Great great book you guys,Giada's got nothing on you Gabriele !!!!!!
on September 18, 2015
The recipes are fabulous and reliable, lovely - such a gift to have Gabriele and Debbie's pure expression of Tuscany.
The photos, however, could've been better, more focused - a bit too blurred. Though the photos aren't the food itself, they represent the food, and, to me, don't represent well.
I would, though, recommend this book to anyone based on the joy with which the recipes are given to us all and the perfection of the food's soulfulness. This Tuscan food is truly a celebration of life.
I look forward to more from Gabriele and his tradition's gift of this essential, beautiful-in-it's-simplicity, lovely cuisine.
on May 25, 2015
We all know what we have to do to live well, lose weight and feel good. It's not about the diet, but the food and how it is prepared. I found the recipes in this cookbook to be simple and healthy. I bought this cookbook after watching the Extra Virgin cooking show on the Cooking Channel. This is the way my mother ate when she was a kid and she just celebrated her 98th birthday. I only wish I had fresh, organic fruits and veggies growing outside my door like they do in Tuscany. Makes me want to move to Italy. Do yourself and your family a favor and buy this book. I bought the digital copy and I'm going to buy the hard copy as well.
on May 12, 2014
As a fan of the show, there was no way I was NOT going to buy this cookbook, but you certainly don't have to be a fan of the show to appreciate the beautiful simplicity of this cookbook. Debi and Gabriele have put this book together with the same combination of food, family, and love that makes the show so much fun to watch. The recipes speak for themselves, are strong and traditional, and are the kind that are meant to be eaten with the family. The photography conveys the visual element of the food perfectly, and the shots of Deb, Gabriele and the girls only add to the overall sense that this food is accessible. Layered in between the recipes and photography is narration by Debi and Gabriele that brings home the connection between this Tuscan cooking tradition and the family that cooks and eats it together. (Now all I have to do is find a store that carries guanciale!)
on January 17, 2015
Some wonderful photos and recipes in here. Love reading the prose from Debi and Garbiele. I'm not giving four or five stars simply because there isn't much that's new or exciting in here. I have almost all of these recipes in other cookbooks. I like that they are simple, but really the key to any of these recipes is really fresh, top notch ingredients (obviously) which is great if it's summer or you live in a big city and have access to those things. In the middle of winter, middle of nowhere Midwest, most of these recipes simply aren't even possible to make. I will come back to it in spring and summer. There are a few things I would still like to try. A five star cookbook makes me want to - need to cook almost every recipe written!
on May 11, 2014
After watching ev for a few years now, even repeats, and thinking I can't wait for them to do a cookbook, preordered when I knew it was coming out. It was perfect timing for Mother's Day. Who cares about going out to a restaurant I want to cook everything in this book. My husband and I r big fans of Gabrielle and debi. The cookbook has beautiful photos, the recipes are amazing, and is written so warm and comforting, I want to do what debi suggests getting a little sauce on pages and writing notes in it , I know my friends and family will thank me and in return I thank them for not just a cookbook but what will be a family heirloom.