Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Extreme Dating
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on January 26, 2006
I agree with Bill Baiter's review. This is a pretty funny movie. The whole cast is great. Andrew Keegan is way HOT. I don't know where he came from but I am his new biggest fan. And Amanda Detmer is a really talented actress. She's whacky and adorable in that Debra Messing (Will & Grace) kind of way. There are some LOL moments in this movie. So, if you enjoy a good old screwball comedy, EXTREME DATING is for you!!!
on January 12, 2006
This is pretty funny movie. Though full of slapstick, which is always good, the thing I like most is I could relate to characters. There's not the crazy guy, the sensitive guy, the I-don't-know-I'm-hot girl, instead, just 20 somethings, looking for love and getting in ass-backwards situations. Amanda Detmer steals the movie really. She is super funny when she tries to seduce guys, but ends up making a fool of herself. And there are some great scenes with some old coots that pay off perfectly. And if you ever wondered what the guy looks like who does the voice of Bender on Futurama, he plays one of the two kidnappers. Extreme Dating has a lot of laughs in it.
on April 30, 2007
Oh good lord!! I am hooked to this movie already... it's been a while to have a laugh on my face and this is 100% comedy movie!! I couldnt even stop laughing for a minute!! watering my eyes but good thing that I didnt haveto go pee couple of times from laughing so hard and I didnt eat or drink anything while I watch this movie... this is a MUST to buy!!! Devon Sawa (known in Now and Then, Final Destination and other movies) and Andrew Keegan (known in Brokenheart Club, Camp Of Nowhere and other movies). I am so glad I bought this movie and I got this package today!! I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on January 3, 2006
'Extreme Dating' is some sort of sequel to 'Extreme Ops', in that it stars Devon Sawa again and has the word 'Extreme' at the start of the title. But that's where the similarity ends: 'Extreme Ops' was a very mediocre action adventure movie, while 'Extreme Dating' is a hopelessly shallow knockabout comedy.

That shouldn't matter, though, if all you're looking for in a movie are some pretty people to look at - there are plenty here, and that's what I bought it for (on import from Thailand). So long as it's not Devon Sawa you want to drool over. If you loved the slim blond boy of 'A Cool Dry Place' (he's so sexy in this), 'Idle Hands' (very funny horror comedy) or even 'Final Destination', then maybe you shouldn't buy this movie. In 'Extreme Ops' they tried to hide his weight gain behind lots of stubble and baggy clothes, but this time there's no doubt about it. He's gone Kirstie Alley fat! He has a double chin, man-boobs, a belly and a seriously big butt. He must have put on 50 pounds since 'Final Destination'. (His early bios say he's 6' tall and weighs 135lb - I'd say he's closer to 200 now.) He wears loose shirts and huge trousers to try and hide it, but it's no good. He's just not attractive at his current weight, and they seem to have added some lines to the script to this effect. Being totally honest, Meatloaf (who has a kind of extended cameo role in the movie) looks fitter - and lighter - than Devon.

If you're having trouble believing it, look more closely at some of his other stuff and you'll see he's been battling his weight since about 2000. He is very chubby in the Eminem video 'Stan', though he's lost a lot of it again for 'Slackers'. Then he is seriously fat and pasty in the movie 'Extreme Ops' but looks great in the promo material for it. I'm guessing there are issues underlying his weight problem, but I don't know what they are.

I haven't seen Devon's latest film, 'Shooting Gallery', but I know it's out on DVD and I'm going to buy it soon. Here's hoping he's gone on an Extreme Diet...
on June 21, 2012
I am a huge Devon Sawa fan I Had never heard of this movie so I decided to give it a try it was ok but not one of my favorites. If you have never seen it i would its ok but not that impressive.