- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Information Today, Inc.; Fourth Edition, Fourth edition edition (February 1, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1937290026
- ISBN-13: 978-1937290023
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#456,681 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #107 in Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Online Searching
- #174 in Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Administration > Storage & Retrieval
- #1264 in Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook: A Guide for the Serious Searcher Fourth Edition, Fourth edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“[Hock’s] clear and useful guide will help anyone interested in going beyond Google, explaining when, why, and how best to use various search tools and other Web resources.” —Library Journal, on the previous edition
About the Author
Randolph Hock teaches customized courses on how to use the internet effectively through his company, Online Strategies. He is the author of The Extreme Searcher’s Guide to Web Search Engines, The Traveler’s Web, and Yahoo! to the Max. He lives in Vienna, Virginia.
Top customer reviews
But then I grew up in the early days of the net when search engines were still rather primitive and you really had to have some knowledge of Boolean Logic and Logic Strings to find anything. Not so much now with Google being pretty much idiot-proof.
For the advanced web user, there is still some useful information in the book. Plus, it is a quick read, so Why Not?
Most recent customer reviews
The Internet has grown into a MONSTER; searching thru 200 MILLION entries in response to a SEARCH TERM has become a...Read more