BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon February 29, 2012
Alexandre Desplat ended 2011 with what may be his finest work to date. Some people may say that claim is a bit of a stretch, but after experiencing this score and then the picture I became emotionally dissected by the music. The score is absolutely stunning and so full of constantly moving music that propels you on Oskar's journey that he takes in the film. The string work is simple yet stunning and the piano accents the score brilliantly in that grand Desplat fashion.

This film emotionally affected me the most in 2011. It's such a rich story with such an identifiable character. You feel Oskar's emotions through every inch of this journey and the music is there every step of the way. I think what caught me off guard initially is how bold the score was. This music is quite rigid and establishes its presence without ever really backing down. When I say that I don't mean it's wall to wall music, but the music is every inch of Oskar's character turned inside out. We see every inch of him inside and what is racing through his mind. It's quite stunning and in the end makes you feel emotionally vulnerable. The moments of beauty are so intense that they flourish with human spirit in a way only music can express. When the music needs to express tragedy it becomes scared. The music literally becomes scared just as Oskar becomes scared. It's such a unique thing to see the music act, because that is literally what Desplat is doing. He is composing music that is acting and reating to the plot. I think that's what makes it so appealing and relatable. Overall the experience was so memorable and it affected me greatly.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close is a beautiful experience filled with every inch of the human condition. It's a prime example of what score is meant to be and meant to do. This is an example of pure inspiration condensed into a brilliant and emotional journey. Desplat was a late replacement on the film and only had 3 weeks to write and record this score, which is mind blowing. I truly believe this is very close to his best work and is one of if not the best score of 2011.
on July 1, 2012
This soundtrack becomes one of the most effective factors to the great success of this movie, "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close." Each piece represents a sensitive aspect of human feelings. Although all of them are not "loud" nor cheerful, they are peaceful and full of affection. I love how the director, Stephen Daldry, uses each piece of this soundtrack, allocating it to scenes of this tragedy. Best bargain for me!
on May 21, 2014
While viewing the movie "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" the music throughout haunted me, so much so that I could not wait to go on Amazon to purchase it - which I did and I listen to it at least twice a week. I love it and the music is awesome. I definitely recommend this CD sound track to those listeners who love instrumental music by Alexandre Desplat and the magical fingers of noted and renowned pianist Jean-Ives Thibaudet.
VINE VOICEon February 22, 2012
there's something immediately familiar and identifiable, even comforting, about alexandre desplat's scores. it usually doesn't take more than a measure or two to say, 'ah, yes! this is desplat!' 'extremely loud' is most definitely an alexandre desplat score. and i'm very grateful for that!

'extremely loud' is a welcome addition the desplat canon. it's a wonderfully evocative, often delicate (and even sometimes meloncholy), score full of excellent melodies. i've not seen the film so i don't know the context of each piece, but i think that speaks to its excellence - they stand on their own merits as works of art.

i'm not so well-versed in the film score lexicon to be able to talk about the technical aspects and merits. i'm sure there are plenty of other reviews that speak to that; i just know what i like and what speaks to me as a listener. for me, this is what make his scores so great. it moves me. listening to desplat is almost a cathartic experience. i've been listening to 'extremely loud' at work for a solid three weeks now and not only does it make the day go by a little faster, it soothes the sometimes frazzled nerves that come with a sometimes stressful job.

few composers working today affect me the way desplat does and 'extremely loud' ranks right up there with 'twilight,' 'the painted veil,' 'afterwards,' and 'ennemi intime' as my favorite scores.

it's obvious desplat's star continues to rise (and if i may toot my own horn, i noted this would happen in my review of the 'the luzhin defence' here on amazon back in 2005), and here's hoping his frenetic work pace doesn't burn him out, for the world is a better place with him in it.

this score will make an excellent addition to any music collection.
on November 12, 2012
Wow, this soundtrack is so moving and emotional! It almost makes you cry as the movie :) One of the best soundtracks ever! Really creates the right atmosphere for the movie!
on February 10, 2013
I loved the film, and WOW, adore this music. Alexandre Desplat is really one of the great composers of our times!
on June 24, 2014
Feel so good when listening this CD. every song sounds great! Love it! Come on, just buy it now everyone!
on November 6, 2013
Wonderful music - great movie. This CD will make a great addition to your collection and is enjoyable even if you have not seen the movie.
on March 2, 2013
I Love the film and I love the soundtrack. Beautiful, melancholy piano, echoing through the awe inspiring and moody music.
on May 28, 2012
felt in love with Alexan,der Desplat music at King's speech. So, got me this cd. I maybe biased, just a trully beatiful cds.

Thank you Alexander Desplat and thank you amazon!