Eye of God
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
In a small Oaklahoma town, a young man is found bloody and mute by a lake and the local sheriff takes it upon himself to find out what happend to him, and a young woman marries a born-again, but violent prison inmate.
Genre: Feature Film-Drama
Release Date: 18-MAR-2003
Media Type: DVD
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Yes
- MPAA rating : s_medR R (Restricted)
- Product Dimensions : 7.75 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches; 4.8 Ounces
- Item model number : 31398825326
- Director : Tim Blake Nelson
- Media Format : Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Subtitled, NTSC
- Run time : 1 hour and 24 minutes
- Release date : March 18, 2003
- Actors : Mary Kay Place, Nick Stahl, Chris Freihofer, Woody Watson, Martha Plimpton
- Subtitles: : English, Spanish
- Producers : Arthur Dantchik, Dolly Hall, Michael Nelson, Ruth Cohen, Wendy Ettinger
- Studio : Lions Gate
- ASIN : B000087EZ9
- Writers : Tim Blake Nelson
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #158,737 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The young woman has a glass eye, the result of a youthful accident. The glass eye, of course, sees nothing, just as the woman herself cannot see the evil descending upon her until too late. And the eye of God -- symbolically made of glass too, also sees absolutely nothing as it allows evil to flourish in God's own name. (I doubt this movie is on Jerry Falwell's Top Ten List, and, if it were, he wouldn't be Jerry Falwell.)
The acting by all the principals and the directing are superlative. I hope someday this slice-of-life crime drama will receive the recognition it deserves and be released in a DVD version.
This movie is difficult to categorize, but it would make an ideal double bill with the Charles Laughton-directed "The Night of the Hunter," except that in the earlier movie, goodness triumphs. Not so in "The Eye of God."
This is a movie that you cannot walk away from while watching it or talk during it,because you may miss a small,but important point in the movie.It goes back and forth in time between the past & present.This is a good movie to watch if anybody is writing penpals and never met them,because you never know the person until you meet them in real life.To me,movies are lessons,our teachers,and sometimes movies are our inspiration.