Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 243 reviews
on January 6, 2016
I had the eyeclops years ago when my friends daughter borrowed it and never brought it back. My sons and I loved this and I couldn't believe how hard it was to find! It arrived very quickly and I look forward to using it again! It is excellent for growers to know peak harvest time as you can easily see the trichomes when magnified 200 times! What a big help! Definitely worth it!
on December 1, 2016
We have had ours now for several years. Still works good. It has been played with by many kids. From exploring found bugs to checking out their hair and skin. I've used it to get out stickers, and the kids love watching that, laughs instead of cries makes it worth buying alone!
Adults and kids both , a must have.
on March 16, 2008
Well, my son is not much into toys - eventhough he's only 9, he prefers books and videogames(which I do not allow him to have - the videogames, that is). He almost never asks for a toy so I got this for him and we all ended up enjoying it. It is amazing - especially if you have an LCD screen to watch it on. Hair, skin, saliva, salt, pepper, sugar, we just go crazy with the things we want to inspect. It was worth the money!! It is fun and educational by arousing scientific curiosity in our son.
The other day, my friend was bitten by a tiny bug which seemed to have clung to her skin. She was able to pick it off and after it took its last breaths in a plastic container, we looked at it with the google-eye. Well, let me tell you, it looked sooo creepy - since it was still moving its legs after being in that closed container for days. We thought it was a tick so we quickly went on the net to check it out. According to our thin research, it is a deer tick. My friend went to the doctor who sent the bug to the lab. We're still waiting for results.
Oh, and I know this is gross, but if you have a really nice black head on your back, look at it - it'll be 100 times grosser - especially if you squeeze it out part way. The hole it leaves after you take it all out is equally interesting.
More stories to follow!
on October 2, 2013
Sorry I didn't rate this sooner. Got it a couple of years ago but it is still connected to the TV in our family room. Every time we find interesting insects the kids run straight to the EyeClops. Oh, if if anyone has a boo boo, it has to be examined so they can all scream in horror. Haha as for me, if you just start looking at your skin, it is amazing. At my age I think my pores are filled with butter (gross) yet I just keep looking. The design on off skin is amazing. God is so great. When its magnified you see the designs. Glad to see this come up for review. Reminds me I should buy more for gifts. LOVE AMAZON and the stores that sell through them.
on May 9, 2008
My kids were very excited about this toy, but after they have seen all the pennies, the carpet strands, hair, newspaper, fabric and a bunch of other stuff that you can get magnified the excitement wore off and now it just sits on the shelf. I think it would be great at a school where all the kids can use it. For one family it's a waste of resources. It works great, however, good quality product.
on January 28, 2010
I used to use an Uncle Milton Digital TV Microscope in my classes at school. We would use it look closely at various sample of items we studied in Science (like rocks, minerals, fingerprints, plants, etc.).

I recently bought an EyeClops and I was blown away. It works SOOOOOO much better than the digital TV microscope. Images with the EyeClops were, without a doubt, ,so much clearer than they were with the otehr microscope. I'm not sure if it is because more lights used with the EyeClops or not. We have looked at so many other things now in class with our EyeClops - skin, hair, and - our favorite - cuts on hands and arms - the kids love seeing these blown up 200 times larger than they are.

The price is also very reasonable - I paid around $40 for the EyeClops and I paid close to $70 for the inferior Uncle Milton product.

I have already recommended that every grade level in our school should have one of these ready to use!
on January 7, 2008
Overall we've had fun with this product. But upon initial setup the threads on the "eye" which has to screw on threaded improperly and got stuck. I finally got it loose, but thought for sure I would break it. It ended up with a very small crack but it still works. Anytime we try to focus it the movement is still is not that smooth, but that's what cheap plastic does. It would be nice if the focusing ring could be a bit more durable as the product itself is lots of fun for our family. Also- take the battery waning seriously or you won't get good results. I had neglected to get a full set of batteries and used what we had with poor (dim) results. Fresh batteries made a HUGE difference. Though they should consider an AC adapter since this is one more thing we almost DID NOT buy for our son because of the battery consumption and waste it's going to create. It was the only thing like this we purchased for the holidays. All the rest were battery-less or had an adapter.
on April 11, 2008
After reading about this on the CCFC site (Commission for Commercial Free Childhood) as a GOOD tech toy amongst many others that aren't so good. This toy inspires the curiosity. Between a large screen TV and it's magnification it's a tool for exploration of the small made big. It gave it as a gift to a friend who's like myself and doesn't want stuff, doesn't want plastic toys, and doesn't let her kids watch commercial television. She loves it. She has a 5 and 10 year old and they had friends over the first time they used it, and looked at all sorts of stuff up close. She had them look at their hands, all of them, fingers, nails, knuckles. Then she had them wash their hands, and looked at them again. She said one little boy must have washed his hands another 5 times before he left that day. The power of sight! My son's too young still (1 yr), but I look forward to this toy or one like it when he's older.
on January 25, 2008
I wish It had more accessories and a book that went along with... Maybe to state facts on the obvious (carpet,skin,hair,etc) for kids to read along with while they discover.. But it didn't and thats okay.
It's been played with but a 6year old, but I'm so afraid that the boys are going to break it or plug it in the Tv them selfs that its put up from time to time.
Im not a fan of the cords, but who is..
It is awesome once plugged in and ACTUALLY does work as shown on TV,The box..etc..
Its Battery life is pretty good considering.. Mostly its a whole shebang of "mom look at this!!! whoooaaa" lol
But its worth it. I think that this is for much older kids as my 6 year old could take or or leave it.

From the parents point of view, I am happy with my purchase. well-made overall (except for the stand...which is awful). Keeps the kid busy, hes learning and doesn't even know it!!
on June 9, 2008
We bought this for our 5 year old son as a birthday gift. This was VERY easy to set-up. It was nice that we didn't have to read a 20 page manual to figure out how it worked and my son was able to start exploring right away. My only complaint is that everything we looked at was the same bluish gray color. It didn't matter if we were looking at a penny or the hair on your arm-- there was no discerning color difference. We also had problems exploring anything alive. We tried to look at an ant, but it kept moving around inside the included container-- so it was impossible to focus on. I think as our son gets older, his curiosity to explore ore will grow. However, at this age his attention span is a bit short. So, we put it away for now but can easily set it up again when he's looking for something to do.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.