Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fotasy X100KT 49mm Metal Filter Adapter Ring Lens Hood Set and 49mm Pro Nano Multi-Coated MRC Filter for Fujifilm X100 X100s
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on March 21, 2013
This is a great product. Solid constuction. Threads all line up and the hood stays put when twisted on.

I much prefer the black over the silver version. Didn't want to risk an off silver color not matching. Also your filter is going to be black anyway, so this adapter plus the filter looks perfect.

Plus its cheaper!
review image review image
on March 11, 2014
Superior to the Fujifilm hood, because it's cheaper, but well made. Please note that you will have to do the following:
1. Place your lens cap on your X100/X100s and grasp the end of the cap with your fingers and turn to the left. Thereby loosening the OEM ring on the camera lens.
2. All you need to do is turn ever so slightly to loosen the OEM ring. You can't do it with your fingers alone because they will slip.
3. Remove the lens cap and finish unscrewing the OEM ring from the end of the lens. Now you should see the exposed threads you will use for your adapter ring and hood.
4. If you purchased a 49mm Clear UV filter, first remove the hood from the ExFoto adapter ring and screw on your filter.
5. Just screw on the adapter ring with/without your filter (highly recommended) and then put on the bayonet hood and you are good to go.
on July 18, 2013
I bought this for my Fuji X100S after watching David Hobby's superb X100S feature-by-feature video on well-known "Tube" site. Mr. Hobby specifically recommended this item on Amazon. I ordered it and have used it for a few months. This ring and hood do not disappoint. I also added a B+W 49mm Nano UV filter for full-time lens protection. Couldn't be more pleased with this setup on my wonderful Fuji X100S!
on August 14, 2012
Extremely good alternative to the OEM Fuji X100 Lenshood. The threads are well machined and everything feels solid/well built. Some people might not like the fact that it's black, but I think it's a nice contrast to the silver of the X100.
on February 8, 2014
First, excellent product, excellent finish, and yes of course, you will see it in your viewfinder, just like a leica m3 / leica m6.

If you are going to use the lens hood and use a circular polarizer, buy a 58mm circular polarizer filter which will fit the metal lens hood.

If using a 49mm, your fingers will not be able to screw / unscrew the circular polarizer which is lodged with the adapter ring. very annoying (but it is alright, I don't use the lens hood anyway)

One more time! if you use the lens hood with a 49mm filter, you will have to remove it everytime you want to change the filter.

For all of these reasons, I am removing one star, I really wanted to give it a five star though. The price is too good to be true.

ok I change my mind five star!
on March 31, 2013
It's quality metal, it's reasonably priced, and the black makes a nice contrast on the silver X100. I like it better than another silver knockoff I purchased (the silver suffered from a poor paint job). This black hood was a good buy.
on June 18, 2014
Let me first preface this statement by saying I am a novice photographer.

I purchased this for my X100S (I also bought a UV Filter). During normal operation, I kept generating an error message from the camera telling me to shut down. After doing some moderate research I discovered the following:

* 1st step = attach the Lens hood adapter ... 2nd step = screw in the UV filter ... 3rd step = attach the hood.

I was attaching the filter onto the camera and then the adapter + hood ... DON'T DO THIS!!!

This configuration did not give the FUJI lens enough clearance. Basically, when the lens adjusted, it would bump against the filter and send the error to shut down.

Hope this helps.
on October 7, 2014
I bought this primarily for the hood and filter adapter, because I have several 49mm filters from my earlier film camera(s). The package also includes a 49mm UV filter.

The hood and filter adapter fit very nicely. It installed easily. In order to get the factory ring off the lens to expose the threads so that the hood can be mounted on the lens, you must press the factory lens cap firmly against the lens, and turn counterclockwise; this will loosen the ring for removal.

In the package, the hood and filter adapter are attached together. Separate the hood from the filter adapter ..it's a bayonet fitting, so grasp the hood firmly, and twist it slightly counter clockwise while also firmly holding the filter adapter. Screw the filter adapter to the lens, and then screw the included filter (pr another one that you prefer) into the adapter. Then reattach the hood. Voila!!

It installed quite easily, and I am happy with the black finish against the silver lens of the camera. I don't think it detracts any from the overall appearance of the camera.

UPDATE: after more than a year of use, I find that I use this lens hood continuously. With it installed, you cannot use the factory lens cap (not a big deal since you should now have a UV filter on your lens). More importantly, it does block part of the flash, so using this hood with the flash, you'll see a shadow in your image, but I rarely use the built in flash, and I generally remember to remove the hood. As one reviewer said, it also slightly obscures your view through the viewfinder, though I didn't find that to be a real concern.
on February 6, 2015
I use this with my Fujifilm x100s and the 49mm UV filter. The combo works great, but I did confuse myself when setting it up, so here are some tips for fellow harebrained (or new) Fuji x100 line users:

1. Remove lens cap and grab the lens tip on your camera. Turn to the left to loosen the OEM ring. This will expose the threads for attaching the filter adapter ring.
2. Attached the filter adapter ring first - if you attach the filter first, your camera will have clearance issues in macro mode and will shut down.
3. Screw in the UV filter onto the adapter ring.
4. Attach the lens hood (optional). Note that obviously you can't put the lens cap back on if the hood is attached.
on January 27, 2015
For $7.99, this is an almost indecent value. It's made of high-quality metal (though the paint isn't as impressive), screws on cleanly, and lets you protect the lens of your $1300 baby with a filter. The lens hood is similarly high quality, but the locking system is liable to come undone when bumped. I know because I unknowingly grazed it with my elbow while walking around and lost it in the streets of Midtown Manhattan forever.

Fujifilm charges a totally ludicrous $80 for their version of this kit. That's criminal. Buy this one instead and get a good B+W UV filter, a spare battery, and a nice dinner with the savings.

Enjoy your X100(S/T)! :)