Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 25, 2012
I got this to attach to my SLR so that I could hang it from various straps, but still have quick access to it. I've used this product for about 30 hours of use total and the D-Link held the camera securely. My reasoning for giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that the threaded portion that screws into the camera body is a bit shorter than I would have liked. As you can see from the picture it only affords about two full rotations before it is completely screwed in. The good news is that the rubber pad holds it securely in place and prevents it from unscrewing, but I would have still liked a bit more threading to have some added security.
on December 18, 2013
This was one of those items that solved a needed fix for me, and it did it very well. Some reviewers mentioned it's light/flimsy ring loop, but although I wouldn't characterize it that way, I didn't need it as a sling-clip type attachment for a camera. It is sturdy enough that I'll trust it as a safety catch add-on to keep my flashes from smacking the floor when attached to a stand, or with a wrist strap for an off-camera flash cord setup if it gets knocked out of my hand.

The 'barrel' and screw appear to be machined and not cheaply molded pot metal, so that's a plus over many alternatives I've found - some of them are no more than extruded "blue steel" slugs pressed into knurled plastic knobs. The tapped socket and post on these are also within acceptable tolerances for 1/4-20 threads, where others weren't remotely close or even having perpendicular holes and/or off-center tap/die work. Sorry, but there's no excuse for shredding my built-in threaded camera or flash holes/posts with poorly built parts with no quality control. These deliver enough quality to be useful and trustworthy for my needs.
on December 14, 2013
It is a nice concept but the ring will come off if the camera is heavy and it is pulled from the side. like another reviewer said you could drop your camera. I was careful to watch for this while on vacation and caught the camera before it came off but the d ring is spring steel and not all the way thru the head. On a smaller camera it probably is ok but my Pentas K7 with a 50-500mm lens was definatly too much for it.
on May 24, 2017
Seems to be well made and haven't had a problem with it yet.
on June 7, 2014
What I love about this is that its FLAT when needed to fit into my bag. I have had other harness tripod attachments, and they stick out so far that the inserts in my camera bag need to be adjusted! When I want to sit the camera down on its end, I could not because of the chunky tripod attachment. Because the hook on this folds down 'on demand' it can sit flat. It also has another tripod hole in the bottom of the main attachment so if it is needed, you can place the camera onto a full tripod if needed, (is just suggest taking off the strap by unhooking it first so as to avoid a spill or pull from it getting caught onto something).
on January 8, 2014
This is a very nice piece of metal. My only negative is that the metal loop is quite large, I prefer my strap sliding through tighter. The loop portion could literally leave an 1/8" gap and for me that would be better. I would give the design a 4 star based on this over-sized loop but since what I received is exactly like the picture I don't feel its fair to knock off a star. The rubber part is thick and the screw goes into the camera perfectly. The unit stays in the camera and does not get loose over time. It is what it is and works perfectly.
on June 29, 2013
I bought this to use with a quick detach sling that had a plastic mount which broke in two after very little use. This is smaller, and obviously much more sturdy for an attachment point. It also has aounting point for a tripod attachment. While this is good, because the surface area of this bracket is so small, it allows for some "wiggle" of the tripod plate when mounted to the tripod--the camera is not as sturdy as it is when attached directly to the tripod. While I don't believe this poses much danger for the camera falling, it does open the door for camera shake when taking pics on a tripod in less than perfect conditions. Over all, this bracket is great for walking around, and provides a quick derach point for a sling or strap that you like.
on November 7, 2013
I got this d link screw to use one old and nice cotton camera strap, it look ok but I need to double check it can support my camera as I do not want to loose it, it looks it can do the job but it is not as secure as the one piece screw like the one used with blackrapid.
on March 7, 2014
The idea of using this on a large (actually any) DSLR or full frame camera should NOT even enter your mind. Even on my small 4/3's camera it worries me. I've noticed after a week or so of using it every day there is some metal flaking coming from where the ring attaches to the body. However it does keep tight in the tripod attachment which is the least of my worries. I stopped using it and it went in the recycle bin.. Just another item that proves the point "you get what you pay for"
on April 25, 2016
DO NOT BUY!!! THE D LINK HAS ALREADY COME OFF!!! If not for the second line to my camera it would be trashed!
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.