Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: F My Life
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon August 4, 2012
I picked up this book based on Amazon's recommendations and found it to be mostly entertaining. All the little stories are about a paragraph long and after you have read several of them you can usually guess how they will turn out.

I found that my daughter was very familiar with the F My Life website, which is where the whole thing started. It is a place where people post mostly embarrassing things that happened to them. The book's author's searched through these entries and culled out what they thought were the best for this book.

Some of the tales are downright hysterical but most are just embarrassing. Many of these embarrassing items are where people are overweight and someone has said something to embarrass them or they deal with people that are not so "attractive" and this is pointed out to them by others, usually children.

This book is pretty good for killing time as you can pick it up, read a bunch of the stories and then put it back down until the next opportunity you have (like when you are waiting in the dentist office). This is generally not a book to just sit down and read cover to cover as it starts to grate on you if you read it for too long (I recommend no more than half hour intervals).
on June 1, 2015
The quips and stories all have only one theme - and it is to make you feel better about your life while reading!

These are often sad, bummer situations that can also share some familiarity but can cause chuckles as well.

Kind of a guilty pleasure.
on April 25, 2012
I purchased this book yesterday while avoiding doing actual work at my job. I have been a fan of FML for quite some time- it one of the first apps I downloaded when I purchased my smart phone. When I downloaded the book I felt the same kind of excitement that I feel when I pull up the app to read new entries. I did enjoy the book, but I couldnt help but notice that a lot of the content in it appears on the app and website as well. I came across many stories that I had read before. It made me feel a little cheated because I paid for the book but it contained material that had been available for free. My suggestion to the developers would be to devise a system of separating submissions into "book worthy" and "web worthy". Not to say either is better than the other, but to keep the content of the book its own. I know this would require some effort / planning (since all submissions are user moderated before being reviewed by developers) but I'm sure it can be done. That way when people purchase the book, they're not spending money to see a mix of new stuff and old (and available for free) content as well. Overall, still a four star rating because I still laughed until I almost peed, and it provided a good distraction during the long and boring work hours.
on September 4, 2009
If you have spent any time on the Internet, you may have seen the acronym "FML." (ML is "my life"; I'll leave you to guess what the "F" stands for.) This book is the embodiment of that statement. A collection of real-life events, with chapter titles such as "Rock Bottom" and "Moments of Shame," F My Life shows us that when we think we've got it bad, someone else has always had it worse.

In just a few short sentences, our hapless fellow humans can relate pain and misery beyond compare, each vignette ending with the infamous "FML." My favorites include, "My boss fired me by text message today. I don't have a text messaging plan. I just paid 25 cents to get fired. FML" and "I buried my girlfriend's cat in the backyard. When she came home, she was crying. Apparently, I hadn't dug it deep enough and its back legs were sticking out. FML"

If you delight in others' misfortunes, or if you just need proof that someone out there really does have it worse, check out F My Life.
on November 3, 2009
just like the website. its always fun to know that someone else is doing worse than you are.
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2009
It was hard for me to decide to purchase a book that is filled with what I read daily for free. I finally decided to give F My Life a try and was not disappointed. The website offers a gem worth sharing every 100 or so entries the book is filled with nothing but classic tales of messed up life stories. True you will read this book once but it is worth sharing and if you leave it out in the open your coworkers, family or friends will pick it up and laugh so hard that you may hear a good snort or see someone spit out a drink.
on June 17, 2015
These authors don't spare language and circumstances. Not for the faint of heart - but if you are up to candid writing, you will enjoy the fast pace of faux pas.
on December 30, 2015
Funny and true to the website. It's a great book to pick up when you are blue because you will then quickly realize that your life is pretty great.
on January 7, 2013
This is a great book to have out on the coffee table or in a bathroom. Can pick up and start from anywhere. I read it in one sitting.
on April 2, 2016
I bought this as a gift, but since then have been able to read it myself. This is a hugely fun book. many laughs and gasps.