Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 11, 2012
You will be very pleased with this adapter!
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
Originally bought the Joby Gorillapod iPhone mount with the spring tensioning, but returned it. I love the Gorillapod tripod for hiking and backpacking but the phone never felt secure. The i. Trek Super Mount (weird name, but hey), however, is all aluminum and feels like real camera equipment. The phone is extremely secure in the mount and doesn't damage the phone or my case. It's heavier than the plastic mounts, making it possibly a slight deterrent for ultralighters, but my priority is the safety of my phone. I just used it the other day on a hike to a windy peak. Made a tripod out of three trekking poles with the Gorillapod legs wrapped around the pole grips and the i. Trek firmly holding the phone. Wind didn't budge it.
on March 29, 2013
This is a great product. It is extremely well built and totally worth the money. Metal construction-no cheap plastic, and it looks cool. The tripod mount is perfect and in a good location. It grabs onto the phone well. I use this with my Samsung Galaxy with an Otterbox on it and it holds fine either way. I've also thrown my wife's iPhone into it and it still works great, with or without a case.

Great part of this gadget is that it is built well enough that you can even use it without a tripod-it is flat so it works great as a kickstand to hold it upright (great for taking timer pictures-set it on the hood of the car, a table, a backpack, whatever). I have had the HTC EVO for years and when I moved over to the Galaxy I really missed the kickstand. It's a little bulky for your shirt pocket, but when I am at home I leave the mount on and use it like a kickstand. This mount and the little Sunpak micro tripod with both fit in a front pants/shorts pocket.

A note on using this with an Otterbox-my Otterbox makes the phone have a lip on the screen side, so the mount attaches a little crooked. It still holds fine, but the camera then points up a bit. To straighten it up I tucked a tiny piece of black foam into the mount to balance it out and keep it upright. It works perfectly this way (but again, it works without if you don't mind it leaning a bit).
on November 17, 2012
I bought this because I wanted a tripod mount for my phone that was light and small enough that I would actually have it handy most of the time (in my backpack). This mount isn't the most secure, but fits my requirements perfectly. Other more robust mounts seemed too bulky to carry with me. Lets face it the most awesome piece of gear is useless if you don't have it with you. The mount attached to my Gorillapod Joby GPM-A1EN GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod (Black) without any issues.
The only problem I've had wasn't the fault of the mount, just a minor incompatibility with my phone case. It's a thicker protective case that has a 2mm lip around the face of the phone (Urban Armor Case for Galaxy S3). The lip around the screen provided an irregular surface for the mount to clamp on to, which made the phone tilt. The Gorillapod can be adjusted to compensate for the tilt, but the phone isn't secure. To remedy this I just added a small bit of stick on felt to the tripod mount to even out the contact surface. Now it doesn't tilt, and the phone is held reasonably secure.
on June 22, 2012
I'm just getting into iPhone photography, so I can't offer a ton of expert opinion here but I can tell you a few of things. First, this little item is very well made. From the moment I took it out of the packaging, I knew I was holding a quality product. The aluminum feels solid, is very light-weight and is very precisely cut. Second, I am able to use this comfortably and confidently without removing my phone from the case. Now, I am not using an Otterbox or anything too thick, but it fits well with plenty of room to spare on my small to average-sized case. I think it would fit many larger cases fine as well, but your mileage may vary and I would suggest looking closely at the specs. I am able to clamp it to the end, in the middle and either horizontally or vertically without any problems or concerns about damage OR stability. Third, it is so simple! It really couldn't be any more elegant or simplistic. One reason people enjoy using the iPhone for photography and video is that it is always with them - it is handy - while providing enough quality to get the job done. This little tripod adapter is equally handy, portable and reliable, and since the best tripod adapter is the one you have with you, that's a good thing. Lastly, it's a good value. I picked mine up here on Amazon for $17.95 with free shipping (Prime). You can probably get it for a little less if you time it right.

So, if you are looking for an iPhone tripod adapter that will get the job done, be there when you need it, last a long time and not break the bank, I think this one is worth checking out.
on March 6, 2013
I shopped this out first in the real world stores of Apple, Best Buy, and Fred Meyers. To my surprise none of them knew this existed. But its an obvious request for anyone who wants to use a tripod with their iphone for movies or pictures. It screws into the standard screw mount in the top of a tripod and then the clamp holds the iphone. The clamp is adjustable to different widths. Therefore when I upgraded my iphone from the 4s to the thiner iphone 5 it still worked as advertised. I highly recommend this product.
on June 30, 2015
This is a great little smartphone mount for a tripod. I keep it permanently attached to my tripod and can very quickly mount my Galaxy S5 to take great videos and pictures. The knob is very smooth and it's able to keep my smartphone stable with or without the case. I highly recommend it.
on April 27, 2012
I wanted a way to take a picture of myself and the family using a Gorilla mount. I never wanted a case to hold my phone, just a clamp that would work on my phone with whatever version of iPhone i have and work well. This is a great solution. It is small, might, adjusts well, holds securely, and is very portable. I keep mine all day in my bad and use it when I need a phone stand or when taking photos. This is a nice solution and will work for many years down the road even if the devices change. Nice product!
on October 31, 2013
This mount holds my Galaxy S2 (no case) snugly and firmly, leting me shoot steady videos from a tripod. At first, I worried about overtightening the clamp and breaking the screen, but the pre-installed foam pads hold tight while also protecting the phone. The mount is even useful for balancing the phone on a tabletop when I don't have a tripod handy. And as a bonus, the darn thing even looks nice doing all of this. No complaints at all, would buy again.
on April 5, 2012
I couldn't be more please with this elegant, low cost solution to mounting an iPhone onto a tripod. It is very well constructed, and very easy to use. The device allows the iPhone to be very securely connected to the tripod. I especially like that you don't have to take off the case to use it; all of the other options considered necessitate removing the case. There are cases available that have built in tripod mounts, but they are comparatively quite a bit more expensive. Another really nice feature is that it is quite small, making it very easy to pack. It arrived earlier than expected, and even though I haven't had any problems, I suspect that customer service with this company would be excellent.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question