Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "F1: 2012 - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 44% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Formula One returns to the USA in 2012 at the all new Circuit of the Americas, located in Austin, Texas, and players can drive on the circuit ahead of the track’s debut in November.
- Gamers will be introduced to the world of Formula One and learn the nuances of how to drive a Formula One car by taking part in the all-new Young Drivers Test at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina.
- Codemasters’ Formula One series has set the standard for weather in racing games and players will be able to experience new enhancements that will raise the bar further in F1 2012
- F1 2012 will feature all-new lap walkthroughs from Formula One test driver and Codemasters technical consultant Anthony Davidson.
- Expected to attract 120,000 fans on race day, the Circuit of the Americas will be a spectacular addition to the Formula One calendar and will be recreated in full high definition in F1 2012
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
F1 2012 is designed to be the most accessible and immersive Formula One game for fans and racing game enthusiasts of all abilities. Players will feel the passion, speed and glory of the world’s most glamorous sport with a host of new features, wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements and extensive competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. Through the inclusion of the Young Driver Test, a range of tutorials will introduce new players to Formula One racing and explain how to handle motorsport’s most exciting and responsive cars.
The glamour. The exhilaration. The intensity. The speed. With drivers cruising a smooth 200 mph — minimum — and cutthroat teams carving out dynasties of speed, Formula One is the most elite racing circle in the world and the most thrilling motorsport tearing up the tracks. Every curve of the track, every control on the dashboard and every strategy in the pit lane is of utmost importance in this intensified world — and it's all re-created in stunning detail. Let breakneck speeds and ultra responsive cars transport you to the glamorous world of Formula One as you race toward the finish line.
Get behind the wheel and experience the new Circuit of the Americas before its real-life debut with this breathtaking game. This dramatic new track features 20-turn circuits that take inspiration from some of the world's most difficult corners, including Silverstone's Becketts and Istanbul Park's Turn 8, and boasts elevation changes of up to 133 feet. An advanced weather system produces localized weather that can leave sections of the track wet while others stay dry for a dramatic and unpredictable race experience. Take part in training tutorials, such as the all-new Young Driver's Test at Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina, to become familiar with the nuances of F1 racing and learn how to get the most speed out of your car. The new Lap Tutorials feature can help you perfect your car's performance, as F1 test driver Anthony Davis walks you through a lap of each of the 20 circuits, offering expert advice. Do you have what it takes to handle the world's toughest race circuits and steer your car to victory?
- Get behind the wheel to experience the speed and drama of F1 racing first-hand
- Drive the breathtaking corners and elevation changes of the new Circuit of the Americas before the real-world debut in November 2012
- Includes 20 exciting circuits from the F1 expanded 2012 calendar, including the return of Germany's Hockenheimring
- An advanced weather system produces localized showers that can leave some areas of track wet while others stay dry for dramatic, unpredictable racing that requires last-minute, game-changing strategy calls
- Learn the finer points of F1 racing, including when to use KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) and DRS (Drag Reduction System) with the all-new Young Driver's Test at Abu Dhabi Yas Marina
- Let F1 test driver Anthony Davidson talk you through a lap of each circuit, offering expert advice on breaking points, gearing and getting the most performance out of your car
- High-definition graphics offer stunning re-creations of some of the world's most beautiful and difficult tracks for a thrilling racing experience
- Extensive cooperative and multiplayer components offer a wide range of gaming options to help you perfect your competition skills
Top Customer Reviews
I'm a long time racing fan, having played and owned every Gran Turismo game, old f1 games for old systems, Need for Speed, etc. Played 'em all, and I've always loved racing games....
Man is this game tough. Hopeful that it's just because I am new to the series, but I've played a few races online so far and have been getting smoked! Online competition is steep. It's tough dealing with the jokers who are out to knock people off the track. I could really do with out that. It seems like the start of every race has some idiot plowing into the field in corner 1. But, if you survive it, the racing plays out beautifully online.
I also started my career and can already tell this game is going to be fun all winter long. I can't wait to keep exploring the depths of the game and am hopeful that I can get past the learning curve enough to be competitive with the other drivers.
ps- This game is already proving to be a lot more fun than Gran Turismo 5 ever was, at least for me.
Enough of that though. F1 2012 is a great game (even if the PS3 steering control leaves a LOT to be desired!). I am only on the "amateur" setting, but right out of the box I was able to start driving and getting used to the feel of the controls and how the car handles on any of the included tracks. I've had some games where if you aren't familiar with the game you're screwed and either spend many hours wishing you could get to a level of fun, or that you could throw the package through the front window of the company that made it. F1 is pretty easy to learn as far as the functions. It also has great graphics, realistic track representation, and much more realistic handling characteristics than any other driving game I've played. The car doesn't spin out relentlessly as on some other games. NFS The Run for example, even when driving on dry pavement, the car handles as if it's on ice. Not so in F1 2012. You can actually correct a slight spin even if you're a novice like me. Though if you go off track and get grass on your tires, it is a little over the top with the loss of traction but you can wear off the grass in a reasonable time I guess. The guiding line in front of you while driving is a terrific way to help beginners learn to drive the tracks. There are enough levels between "amateur" and the top level (can't remember what they call it) that I think this would satisfy my needs for a long time. Probably well after the next version comes out. So far, I have nothing but positive comments about this game though I'm sure as I improve that will change. At the price that Amazon has this game for now, less than list price, I'd say "buy it". If your experience is like mine, you'll easily burn away half a day in the blink of an eye while playing this. The game requires such intense concentration that I find I'm not blinking. I have to turn it off after an hour or two to let my eyes rest! Probably an inherent problem for any game that you like a lot. I'm also an F1 fan, so this really struck with me.
If you have or don't mind spending well over $100 on a driving wheel for a PS3, then you may not have this issue, but using the PS3 controller and tapping the turn buttons causes loss of control at high speeds due to the jerkiness of the incremental movement of the wheels. This is a very annoying issue. If you are lucky enough to have the Xbox and that $40 wireless wheel, I would think you will love this game as that makes steering far more realistic and usable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was one of the first games I got for my PS3 and I still play it!