Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on August 7, 2012
Pretty simple -- if you fly in the US, you need a current copy of the Federal Aviation Regulations and the Aeronautical Information Manual. I find reading this sort of material to be more difficult in electronic form, so a fresh paper copy every few years is handy. I'm glad I read/skimmed through it before my most recent checkride.
on January 10, 2012
The Kindle October 2011 version of the FAR/AIM 2012 is unusable. Information is missing, jumbled, and in poor format making sections difficult to read. I echo all of the other reviewer's negative comments. As a reference it is useless. Any rating hgher than one star must mean the reviewer hasn't looked carefully at the FARs or has the updated version. Amazon, you are better than this. Take this item off your book list until it is fixed.

UPDATE:
I was right! Amazon is "better than this". I called Amazon support this morning and they immediately corrected the issues with this publication by downloading an updated version directly to my iPad. It appears that all of my (and others) concerns have been addressed. If you have an old version, call Amazon and get an updated version. I tried to get the update online but couldn't, so I called Amazon and got the updated version. I changed my rating from 1 start to 5 due to Amazon's outstanding service. P.S. I'm buying some Amazon stock.
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 7, 2014
This book of regulations and information is very good for creating flight plans.

I recommend this manual to all pilots.
on January 2, 2013
ASA does a good job of preparing, cross referencing and presenting the Fed Aviation Regulations. This is a much better than the same book I have printed by Gleim.
on February 6, 2012
Great resource for Pilots as well as Student Pilots for review and study. Preparing for my Private Pilot Certification required reading and worth keeping up on FAA regulations.
on December 28, 2012
This book has all the information you'd ever need to pass a pilots test. I'd recommend it to anyone interested in aviation.
on March 21, 2013
FAR/AIM are not really the best piece of literature to evaluate, however this publication had the right price to keep one updated to the latest.
on May 5, 2012
The book arrived before time, excellent conditions, It is a very good book for all pilots, it's very important to be prepared.
on October 30, 2011
2012, excellent update and quality would highly recommend to purchase through Amazon get it for all your flying needs. Good luck
on November 10, 2011
The book is excellent as usual. But it took more than 40 days to arrive to Argentina. Amazon returned to me the ship value, with a fast answer about the problem.