FARMcurious Mason Jar Mold Free Fermenting Kit, Grey, 2 Pack
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Add chopped produce to any wide mouth mason jar
- Pour salt-water solution over the produce
- Attach curious fermentation set and set it on your counter for 3-6 weeks
- Produces quality consistent results
- Easy to disassemble and clean
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ferment just about any vegetable in a mason jar in three easy steps.
The ideal solution for anyone who’s a little creeped out by the fuzzy stuff that can grow on top of an open fermentation system (like a bucket or crock), this little set locks out the air and all the yeast and mold that come with it. Carbon dioxide escapes through the top of the airlock but nothing is allowed in.
- Two fermenting lids
- Two stoppers
- Two airlocks
- Instructions for using the sets
- Gift Box
1) Add chopped produce to any wide mouth mason jar.
2) Pour salt-water solution over the produce.
3) Attach FARMcurious Fermentation Set and set it on your counter for 3-6 weeks!
Attach the set to any wide mouth mason jar – fits a half-gallon jar for larger batches and down to a half pint for tiny little test batches. The lid fits onto any wide mouth mason jar (like Ball, Mason or Kerr).
Includes two full setups (jars not included) – two ReCAP lids, instructions and recipes, two stoppers and two airlocks so you can make two batches of yummy lacto-fermented goodies at once!
Some particularly tasty combinations:
- Carrots with ginger.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots with garlic and basil.
- French breakfast radishes with carrots.
- Mixed red with green cabbage.
- Apples with cabbage and ginger.
- Beets, radishes, carrots.
- Red onions with one or two bays leaves and four peppercorns.
- Green cabbage with seaweed (cut up small and soaked in warm water at least 30 min).
- Cucumbers, lemons, peaches, peppers and tomatoes.
- Even ferment watermelon rinds for a new spin on a generally discarded piece of the fruit.
- Blueberries, cherries, figs, kiwi, pears, pineapple, star fruit and many more.
Process for Basic Fermenting:
Here is a basic recipe that you can use and adapt to your taste.
1) Slice 1 lb produce to the thickness you prefer and add to a mason jar.
2) Combine 1 cup water with 1 TB Kosher salt and pour over the produce, leaving 1 inch of space between the top of the brine and the top of the jar.
3) Optional: Use a large piece of produce like a whole cabbage leaf or onion layer to keep the veggies submerged under the juices.
4) Apply ReCAP fermenting top.
5) Store in a cool place or at room temperature & taste after several weeks. Cooler temps ferment more slowly & create more mellow flavors and crisper texture.
6) Eat or refrigerate once it reaches your preferred level of sourness and crunch
Other Helpful FARMcurious product care and before use tips!
1) Wash the ReCAP lid in warm, soapy water and rinse well.
2) Open the flip-top lid on the ReCAP and insert the rubber stopper into the hole. Insert the narrow end of the airlock into the top of the stopper.
3) Remove the airlock lid to fill the airlock to the etched line (or about halfway) with water and replace the lid.
4) Wash with warm, soapy water any canning jar with the size opening that matches your ReCAP lid (regular or wide mouth).
5) Leave one inch of space between the top of the brine and the top of the jar. Screw the ReCAP Fermenting Set to the top of the filled jar and leave in a cool dark place for several days to several weeks to ferment. Within 24 hours you should usually see bubbles rising to the top – this is carbon dioxide produced during fermentation.
6) Wait 4-7 days then taste the product periodically to get a sense of how long to ferment it – it will become more sour and less crunchy with time. When the acidity and texture have reached your preferred level, remove the stopper and airlock, close the ReCAP lid and store in the refrigerator where it will keep for many months.
Top Customer Reviews
If you don't want to spend much on a beginning fermenting setup, this is absolutely a great choice. The cost is very close to the retail prices of the included parts, so you're not paying a huge markup for convenience.
These ONLY fit on wide mouths- I used the pint and a half ball jars. They are easy to use and dishwasher safe. Sometimes they're difficult to get off the top of the jar but I think that's due to weak hand strength and a WIDE lid.
This company quickly shipped out a couple of their universal lid setups, we purchased some quart and half gallon sized canning jars, and within a week or two had our own sauerkraut, much tastier than the canned stuff, much healthier and with the going rater of cabbage, pretty darned cheap. Next we will be pickling cauliflower, carrots, celery, onions and sweet red pepper to use in our own Italian Olive Salad! Very pleased with this product, ease of use, helpful communication with seller and more information found on the FARMcurious website.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this set in "like new" condition on Warehouse deals.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.