The FBI Career Guide: Inside Information on Getting Chosen for and Succeeding in One of the Toughest, Most Prestigious Jobs in the World Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
"In the three years following the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Federal Bureau of Investigation hired 2,200 new Special Agents.
But that was out of more than 150,000 applicants, and you can be sure the successful candidates had not only relevant backgrounds, but also determination and a genuine desire to embark on one of the most coveted, rewarding, and challenging careers in the world.
The FBI Career Guide spells out exactly what the Bureau is looking for in Special Agent candidates, and how to maximize your chances of being selected from the huge applicant pool.
Joe Koletar, whose own blue-ribbon career at the Bureau is second to none, shows how to get the job—and how to thrive once you’ve got it. His inside look at the real FBI reveals:
* Smart educational and career decisions to improve your odds of being hired
* How to meet and network with current FBI agents
* What Special Agents do, day-to-day, in different roles and environments
* How undercover investigations, SWAT team operations, and specialty assignments work
* What agents earn, and what benefits they receive
* The prospects for advancement, and some typical (and not so typical) career paths
* How the job may affect your personal and family life
And much more
The FBI Career Guide also reveals the common mistakes applicants make, and shows how to avoid them. And it gives you detailed information on excelling in the Agent Training Program.
Finally, the book offers profiles of real agents who have gone on to successful post-FBI careers, and will help you lay the groundwork for a rewarding life after the Bureau. Above all, The FBI Career Guide will help you find out if you’ve got what it takes to succeed -- and if you do, how to show it."--This text refers to the paperback edition.
About the Author
- File Size : 1505 KB
- Publication Date : September 5, 2006
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 224 pages
- Publisher : AMACOM; Special ed. Edition (September 5, 2006)
- Language: : English
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- ASIN : B000YXE22K
- Enhanced Typesetting : Not Enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Lending : Not Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,029,743 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is an excellent book for any crime writer looking for a worthwhile addition to their reference library.
Top reviews from other countries
Geschrieben von einem Ex-Deputy Director des FBI wird geschildert wie es im Bureau wirklich zugeht.
Ein tolles Buch für jeden der sich gern mit dem FBI beschäftigt und sein Wissen nicht nur von Hollywood Shows beziehen will.