Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: FEAR Ultimate Shooter Edition [Download]
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 27, 2013
It's been 20 years since I was into video games but I have pleasant memories of classics like Doom, Phantasmagoria, Half-Life and a few others. Latley I've downloaded a few on Amazon and found them disapointing to dull at best. FEAR however was a pleasant surprise and the other reviews here really helped.

The download was pretty effortless although I'm not a fan of the Steam platform. You buy the product it should be your choice to use steam or not reading that steam now has 70% of the market for delivering downloaded content I suppose there's no way around it and no shortage of people who enjoy it's benefits.

As for the game itself, it reminded me of the latter versions of Doom and other first person shooters that I was partial to back in the day.

For half the cost of a single movie ticket it provides hours of fun and holds your attention quite well. I run Win 7 so I almost expected it not to run but it was no problem whatsoever. It's got a great pace to it, fun bad guys. The graphics may not be state of the art albeit that's most likley due to my graphics card but their certainley good enough for me - they're not washed out or choppy at all. Plus you can of course the your settings as you like.

The game also kicks in right away, it may be short by some standards in relationship to other games but it doesn't waste time and engages the player immediatley. All in all FEAR is lot's of fun, a little repetitive and for under ten bucks? a terrific value.
on May 31, 2013
for 2013 the graphics are dated and the play is sort of repetitive warehouse / office crawl, but fun enough FPS.Comes with 2 Add-ons that I have not played yet. I have played on normal for about 15 hors and I am not sure how close I am to finishing. For $3 is a great FPS to pass time.
on February 23, 2016
Okay so I am stuck on this level where I literally cannot escape death. I am giving the game 4 stars because I had this game when it released and i loved it but it's a bit outdated now. Still gives me the creeps and definitely cannot play it at night by my lonesome!
on June 20, 2013
And I got what I paid for a classic but bland game. Good gunfights but the environments can be boring and repetitive, also the game is not at all scary. A few jump scares here and there but thats about it. Seemed they could of done a lot more with this game but settled for a basic shooter with a few special effects.
on November 28, 2012
First of all you get three full-length games. There is a huge range of guns, and lots of different locations. Yes, It's on rails, but a lot of fun. The guns feel solid, and have effects that are believable, while handling realistically.

It remains a favorite, and this purchase was for a friend. My only personal complaint is the heavy dose of paranormal stuff presented in an almost endless succession of cut scenes that cannot be skipped. Be wary. Some of them leave you without a weapon in your hands. Do notice that, and select one before you find yourself in a fire fight. On max difficulty they almost never miss you, and you can only take a few rounds before you are dead. They are always bullet sponges.

Ammo, health, and armor or weapons are plentiful and don't present much challenge. In every fight you are outnumbered three or four to one and more in major fights. It uses check points frequently, but there are also quick saves at any time as well as a formal save game at any spot. It's easy to pick up where you left off.

After a couple of full plays of each game game, I use a couple of cheats (though in single player, I can't imagine who they think I am cheating - certainly not myself) and switch on God mode and Infinite ammo. It is a ball spamming turret guns. It is a whole new play style. The cheats are entered after pressing "t" and entered with return. God mode is "god" and infinite ammo with all guns is tears, and finally kfa restores health and armour in case you get caught with god mode turned off as frequently happens after these cut scenes.

For what it's worth, I am now on my sixth play-through of the series. I now have 236 hours of fun from this game.

At the current price, it's a steal.

Good luck...
on May 22, 2013
This is a really good game, ran just fine and downloaded just fine, now with the game itself, i wasn't a fan of first person shooters until i played this game the controls are comfortable and the story so far has been really good love the horror in it, kinda reminds me of Half-Life and Condemned mixed together (in my opinion anyways). I haven't played the add ons yet but i will once i finish the main story and those to will be great. so long story short its a great game and you should get it you wont be dissapointed :)
on October 19, 2013
I played lots of horror games and movie, so I don't get scared easily. Throughout the whole game I did showed my heartbeat increase but not high enough scream at all. And yes I played at night, by myself, with headphones, at real loud volume, I am not use PC and preferable to console(console controller). Yes I could reconfigure the controller so I feel like playing a console. But that will lose scare in it wouldn't. I use to play this when it came out but lost my copy and it sucks because that back when I was good at PC gaming. So I give score 5 out of 5. For high end resolution doesn't matter really in this game, I played this in 3D which gameplay is harder because Frame per Second drops so more laggy, great thing is the game and two expansion. I tried Extreme mode with Max setting which was fun. I say this better than COD MW series the gameplay. The only thing I hate sometimes you might get lost if you don't where you suppose to go. Yes, that what Developer want to do. But I hate sometimes there area that almost feel like same area.
on September 5, 2013
One of the best FPS since Far Cry - and what a deal! $9.99 for three games. The game puts you in buildings that have many simuliar rooms, hallways, warehouses, etc. The trick is to remember where you've been - but then you don't want this to be too easy - right? This game is what you'd expect more expensive games to be - very entertaining. If you're a FPS fan, this game will satisfy.
on October 24, 2012
I have never found such a great deal on a video game! I have been playing since Atari, Odyssey, Nintendo, et cetera. I am not saying it is the greatest game of all time, although it is in my top 10, but the value of buying FEAR along with Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate (both great) is a steal!
on July 6, 2014
This is one of the best single-player first person shooters ever. Probably my favorite after the Half-life series.

From a presentation perspective, it's not the most imaginative. However, the combat is visceral, the gunplay fantastic, and the AI is unmatched by any other game I've played.