Other Sellers on Amazon
Frigidaire FFRE0833S1 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Temperature-Sensing Remote Control
- Exterior dimensions: Width 18-1/2", Cabinet Height 13-7/16" x Cabinet Depth (w/ Front): 17-1/2" x Cabinet Depth: 16" | Window Height: 14", Window Width: 23" - 36"
- Pleated quick-mount window mounting kit included
- 8,000 BTU mini-compact air conditioner for window-mounted installation
- Quickly cools a room up to 350 sq. Ft, Dehumidification up to 1.7 pints per hour
- Clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers
- 2016 energy star: 12 energy efficiency Ratio (EER)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Frigidaire 8, 000 BTU 115V window-mounted mini-compact air conditioner is perfect for cooling a room up to 350 square feet. It quickly cools the room on hot days and quiet operation keeps you cool without keeping you awake. Low power start-up and operation conserves energy and saves you money. Ready-select electronic controls allow you to set the comfort level to your preference, while a convenient temperature-readout displays the set temperature. Effortless temperature sensing remote control allows you to see, set and maintain room temperature from across the room. The multi-speed fan features three different speeds for cooling flexibility and the 8-way comfort control design allows you to easily control the direction of the cool air, wherever the unit is mounted. Plus, the clean air Ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers.Air CFM (Low): 185 Air CFM (Med): 207 Air CFM (High): 224cooling power:8000
Compare with similar items
LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Remote Control Air Conditioner, White
MIDEA EasyCool Window Air Conditioner - Cooling, Dehumidifier, Fan with remote control - 8,000 BTU, Rooms up to 350 Sq. Ft. (MAW08R1BWT Model)
Frigidaire Energy Star 10,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner with Full-Function Remote Control, White
Frigidaire FFRE083ZA1 19" Energy Star Window Mounted Air Conditioner with 8000 BTU Cooling Capacity 115 Volts in White
FRIGIDAIRE FFRE063ZA1 Window-Mounted Room AC, White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Everything 4 the home||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Appliance Palace||CyberSavings|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This Frigidaire unit is light enough for one person in reasonable shape to install, should the need arise; however, be careful when handling the back of the unit, as the metal there can be easily bent. It came with the parts required for filling in the empty gaps on the sides of the air conditioner and screws to keep everything in place. The included remote control makes it easy to control any of the device settings from a distance. This operates more quietly than the unit we used previously (you can watch our associated noise demonstration to see this one in action for yourself, which was shot ~3 feet away). It can keep our 350 square foot home/office nice and cool, with the breeze flowing through the entire area. The unit will periodically turn on the fan when in econ mode, and not actively cooling, to circulate the air in the room to get the current temperature. When leaving for any duration of time, you can set it to sleep, which will slowly increase the temperature in the room without turning off the unit. Cleaning the filter is made super easy with the front panel that pulls out to reveal the filter.
We purchased this Frigidaire FFRE0633S1 on May 27, 2016 and it is still going strong. If you are in the market for a new air conditioner to cool your space, then this is a good buy. The only thing that we'd recommend is to be cautious with the back of the unit when installing, which is the only reason for 4 stars instead of 5.
If you found this review "Helpful", please click the button below.
I called Frigidaire, the person on the phone was extremely polite, courteous and helpful. I was told they would replace this unit and they'd be contacting me within the next 2 days from the North Carolina office to arrange the delivery of the replacement unit, and the disposal of the old.
I had not heard anything for 5 days so I called back, talked to a different person who was not nearly as courteous, nor empathetic to my situation. She told me that what they meant by 'contact me' was a letter would be sent to me, I would need to send back the original receipt, the serial number tag and then wait for Frigidaire to send me a debit card to cover the cost of the original purchase, also I am solely responsible for the disposal of the old unit once all this has been completed.
Basically everything I was told on the first call was negated by the second call. I doubt I will ever buy another Frigidaire product again, and will do my best to talk anyone out of purchasing one due to the mismanaged, poorly handled customer service, along with shoddy products.
And the first person who took my call looked up the serial number of my unit to see if Frigidaire was replacing them, clearly there's a significant known defect, which was potentially a safety issue.
A few notes about the item:
- Upon delivery, carefully inspect your unit for any damage. Mine came a little damaged (most likely during transit) but I decided to hold onto the unit as it still appeared to function just as expected. In my case, the metal housing was bent on one side (likely from the unit being dropped or hit in transit). I have submitted a report to Amazon, so hopefully this issue will be resolved in the future.
- The remote sensing feature is a nice idea, and it (sort of) works, but I am not sure how much I trust it. The reason I say this is using another device to measure the air temperature resulted in a 2º difference, which, when deciding whether or not to kick on the air conditioner is a significant amount. It's great to give a try, but you may end up playing with the temperature controls more or less to get it to the temperature you desire.
- I consider the unit to be very quiet, but perhaps I have always had louder units. It is certainly not silent, and it does produce "air conditioner" sounds (such as the sound of the compressor kicking on, the sound of cooling with the use of water, etc.) but I don't consider this to be a fault at all. If you want something that's silent, this isn't for you, but if you want something that you can still clearly hear your thoughts, music, or movies over, this will be perfect for you.
- The previous model ( Frigidaire 10,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner with Temperature Sensing Remote Control ) people complained about the directional abilities of the vents, so I want to briefly go over them in this review. The vents have two different locations: Facing forward (90º) or facing up (eyeballed at 25º difference). It also has nobs on each side of the vent that control the flow of the air left and right. There are two controls (one for the left vent and one for the right vent), they work very well. Whatever direction they are pointed the air flows. Simple as that. I have no complaints with the sound at all.
- The estimated yearly cost seems to match pretty closely to what I calculated personally with this. (For me, I estimated higher than the standards listed, but using a Brooklyn, NY Con-Ed rate of $8.51/kwh. At 12 hours of use a day, this unit would cost just around $26 a month. (Feel free to check if I screwed up: 0.8625 kw consumption based on 7.5A*, 115V). I am personally pretty happy with that number as I do not expect to use the unit year round).
*Please note that at the time of this review, the item is incorrectly listed on Amazon as 4.5 amps, according to the specification sheet included below, the unit is in fact 7.5A. That spec sheet image is included with this review).
- In comparison to the previous model, ( Frigidaire 10,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Compact Air Conditioner with Temperature Sensing Remote Control ) this unit draws a little less power and has an improved EER rating (12.0 rather than 11.3). Yearly this isn't a huge difference, but every little bit counts.
So, to recap, the unit is great, it's quiet (not silent), and seems to be an affordable option within this price range of air conditioners.
Top reviews from other countries
The biggest annoyance and downside of this AC: Every single time you turn it on its starts in energy saver mode with remote temperature sensing off, this means I need to hit 3 buttons to start the ac in the configuration I want (but it does remember your last used temperature and fan speed).
Cools VERY well and has managed to cool an entire townhouse using a few small fans. Worth every cent and would buy again without a second thought.
Remote is a bit lame as it's IR and doesn't work outside of room with A/C unit.