About the Product
- Next-generation ball-striking engine recreates the unpredictable nature of shooting.
- Now featuring AI with a 35-point decision engine
- New, organic building-block system lets you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature superstar moves or invent your own
- Create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game
- Capture your best goals and highlights in-game and bring them online for the world to see.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
FIFA 08 on the PS3 is the best FIFA game ever to be released on a Sony system. The graphics and music are top-notch, but that's standard for the game's last few years.
Where the game breaks new ground is in the physics department. Never have professional athletes been honoured with such life-like avatars. Every kick, deak and tackle looks and more importantly feels like the real thing. The new shooting mechanics are inspired as are the ball physics. Combined these two components push the realism through the roof.
The list of impressive attributes continues: loading times are nearly non-existent, Create-a-player is more robust, the arena interface (also found in EA's NBA LIVE 08) is simple and fun and the addition of custom formations is a long awaited boon.
Finally the return of "The Lounge", the tweaking of "Manager Mode" and the addition of the "Be-A-Pro Mode"(which allows the user to control only one player during the match) ups the replay value exponentially.
FIFA 08 is stellar - really an awesome buy for anyone looking for a great sports game. My only complaint involves the lacklustre commentary, which despite being broad in scope is less than enthusiastic.
That small flaw aside, EA has a real winner here. You will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.
1. When defending, all you can really do is run alongside the ball handler and try to pressure him off of the ball. That's it. Timing a tackle can also work, but if you miss, you're in odd-man situation and the AI does a fairly good job at working a shot.
2. Trying to execute a 'trick' move is very hard to do, must be anticipated well in advance, and even then, there is little success. Even in extreme situations (i.e. C Ronaldo vs. any Derby County defender - get the point).
Also, the AI seems very proficient at corner kicks - much more proficient then you will find you will be able to be. But enough criticism. The game is fun, has very little framerate issues (you'll see a slight hesitation rarely), has great stadiums & kits and plays well online. This is a big step for this franchise and sets the stage for a (potentially) very strong, PES-challenging game platform. In fact, FIFA '08 is strong enough to make those of us fluent in the PES/Winning Eleven series to start nit-picking that game (mainly, the lack of licensing and amount of editing needed to be done to present the teams & kits properly). What's important at the end of the day, however, is the play on the pitch, and FIFA has made big strides. It's not quite as smooth and responsive as PES, but the gap is narrowing and "Seabass" (the producer of PES 2008) should be on DEFCOM alert 4.
Purchase with confidence - enjoy!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very modern and nice, good product the one that offers of excellent quality I overcome my expectations...D T B .Published on April 15, 2014 by Romulo R.
muy bueno el juego. es entretenido. y bueno se pasa un buen rato jugando con los amigos. lo recomiendo para pasar un buen rato entretenido.Published on January 23, 2013 by Robert Jose Montaño Rojas MUN01485
I like this game but I really wanted this game for online feature. And I tried and tried to go online with EA, but since it is 2011 and this game is from 2008 I looked up the EA... Read morePublished on July 17, 2011 by Whitt
Even though I'm not a fan of soccer (except for the world cup), this game will have you playing it 24/7. Read morePublished on March 3, 2009 by M. Greene
I haven't bought a FIFA game in a while and my last soccer game was PES 2008 for the WIi. This game is a very good simulation of real life soccer. The visuals are stunning. Read morePublished on February 27, 2009 by Shyam Sundar
If you do not have fifa 09, it is the best game of football soccer that exists, I always have played PES or Winning Eleven but now fifa is the better(best) thing for PE3. Read morePublished on January 11, 2009 by Banca Promerica