Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2011, 9:08:55 AM PDT
I got beaten down in the demo in 3 games, i didnt score none of goals; i was frustrated, i kind of didn't liked it, the defense new mechanics didnt do it for me, i dont know maybe I pass this year, I am a good FIFA player, so i dont know, what about you guys???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011, 9:26:08 AM PDT
I appreciate the new pace and the AI mostly improved defensively. Only twice it happened that after the AI was beat they gave up closing in on me, however soooo many FIFA 11 issues are still there. The computer applies way too much pressure at all times in the game regardless of context. All teams still play the same, all with super human abilities - be it dribbling or passing. Two more very annoying issues, the through ball is far too strong, especially chipped, and it's absurd how fast forwards cannot run by slow defenders when there's space however the AI does it no problem.

Very unimpressed, will wait for $34.99 on Black Friday.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 10:34:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 14, 2011, 10:35:18 AM PDT
I tried the FIFA 12 demo, and also felt frustrated when playing. The AI's defense is very tough to get through, and they make it look easy to get through mine. Also playing defense is a challenge too. The "Jockey" button does really serve a purpose, it just follows the attacking player. I do not want to follow him, I want to take the ball away from him! TRY PES 12 demo it is very good, and I am leaning towards buying that as of now. The graphics may not be as good as FIFA, but the gameplay pays off for it.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 11:13:36 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 12:17:55 PM PDT
i didnt score none of goals..WTF. besides that i loved the demo

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 12:25:43 PM PDT
In Fifa 11 i do a lot of short passing with 1 2 triangulation to pass the defense, in this demo I really could not do too much of this, the through pass that i do alot went to the other way or too strong, well i hope they fix that, i will rent it and decide from there, I like fifa 11 too much i think........

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011, 12:58:38 PM PDT
Dude I completely agree with you. I am also very good as well (ranked 2000 in the world in fifa 11, Not to brag or nothing haha :p) but ya the defense thing is kind of weird. I just turned it off and it was fine. THe same thing happened with me when I played the fifa 11 demo. I sucked but I was really good at 10 so well see about this year

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2011, 1:21:56 PM PDT
That's one of the very few things I liked on the FIFA 12 demo, in FIFA 11 online/single player games were spoiled by players just holding the AI pressure button, or the player pressure button, which sent your team into homing missile mode and came out with the ball and required no skill whatsoever.

As a manual player I also very much appreciate when people who use assists have issues with passing as that was a major gamebreaker before. With Assist level you only need to push buttons, barely aim to get incredibly accurate and tough passing. With Semi you at least had to mostly aim, with Manual you were just screwed as the game lacked pace on the ball and you couldn't do 1-2s like you could in 2010 WC.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 3:36:52 PM PDT
Edgardo says:
I will be the one to say that I personally am liking this new fifa, I've played a couple matches and the AI is a lot more disciplined on defense, they stay on line, they don't chase you around, they keep their position, I like it. I've played Fifa since I can remember Fifa 64 on N64, I like the simplest things like the animations of pushing each other out of the way to get better position without the ball, last nite I jumped up for a header near the sideline with clichy from man city, and there was a guy on the other team who didn't jump and I got a taste of that new impact engine for fifa 12, clichy did like a front flip, he was also injured and I had to take him out immediately, compare it to the collision drogba had in that match where the gk knocked him out, it was very impressive.

Now the defending on my part, it takes a bit to get used to it, at first I was horrible, but as I keep playing I'm getting more and more acustomed to it, it's more about positioning than actually charging while pressing X to shove the player off the ball, I love the tug and pull feature when you chase someone and push him off the ball, that's cool. It's very hard to time standing tackles perfectly but it is possible, I'm dissapointed Madrid is not in the demo but I can't wait to pick this up, already preordered it :)

I haven't lost any games yet either, I have it on world class and yes sometimes the AI does make me look dumb while trying to time a tackle but that is more like the real thing I think, man city looks very good, I love this game and can't wait for the full game to come out, I will be playing clubs once again WOOOOO

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 7:12:43 PM PDT
Member says:
Its fifa11 with nip tuck .nothing else and we'll see what it'll become patch after patch .I hated fifa11 .i think it was weakest game in fifa series in beginning.bad passes,freezes.it was just volleyball where u just throw ball and grab it by ronaldo and score . only up to date player updates make me keep buyng it every year .i'll wait couple of months before all hype and patches settle for game play then it'll be pure fun .Right now for early adopters its just mess. Tip : Black Fridays are alway good to shop (I'm in top 1800 if it counts )

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 10:00:43 PM PDT
Black Friday should see this for $34.99. You can buy it flat out on Toys R Us for 44.99 as linked in the other topic.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12076226

I am going PES 2012 this year and maybe FIFA with a price drop, after waiting a month or so for proper reviews and glitches/problems, as well as finding out how Career Mode and Virtual Pro play. No hope for Clubs.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 9:04:11 AM PDT
Iam so sad to say , i played the PES12 demo last night, and i actually liked it , much more than FIFA 12, also have Copa Libertadores, i follow southamerican leagues, i really am leaning towards that one, but after i play Dark Souls, UC3, Batman AC, and finish the 100 online games in Fifa12, so for january a will get that one, what about you guys?? did play that demo???

Posted on Sep 15, 2011, 7:02:11 PM PDT
Cris M says:
Just get used to the new defending mechanics not that hard after you get the hang of it.

Posted on Sep 16, 2011, 4:36:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2011, 4:37:44 PM PDT
I like the demo; sure, it takes some getting used to, but I think the changes that have been made are for the better. Defense now requires at least as much skill and strategy as offense; no more homing missile defense. Further, it's nice having a little more space to work with on offense, encouraging, or even requiring a more creative offensive approach. Dribbling and skill moves have been fine-tuned and polished so that it's a lot easier, though not overpowered.
There's no question that the new defense controls will take some practice and experimentation to figure out new strategies, but there's no question that 1. the new changes work, and 2. it's a much more realistic soccer/football/futbol experience.

Posted on Sep 17, 2011, 2:34:56 PM PDT
Daniele C. says:
am i the only one who hated the pes demo?? as far as fifa, i kinda like the demo..it's really hard getting used to defend, it's challenging but it seems that once you master it, you can really have fun..on offense i love that now you can play through ball, withouth the defender always interceptin the ball..also, there's more time to shoot the ball, and i noticed, at least in the arena, that you can dribble the goalkeeper..

Posted on Sep 17, 2011, 6:49:00 PM PDT
cdherrington says:
No. I really didn't like the PES demo either. It felt sluggish and unpolished. It just wasn't fun for me. I think the precision dribbling around the box will be really fun once mastered. I just want to be able to cut with the ball like the cpu's fowards do. They make my defenders look like children sometimes. I wanna do that too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2011, 12:01:49 AM PDT
tha_dank says:
switch the controls...im on ps3 and i use altenate controls....and you can customize it, so i make my L1 tackle, and my x contain. and just make the teamate contain the button your used to on 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2011, 8:30:23 AM PDT
Edgardo says:
I don't know I was very optimistic in the beginning but now I'm either getting worse or the AI is just that good, I've been getting owned by the CPU non-stop, I can't seem to score on them and in the beginning I was beasting it, I don't know what's changed or if it's just me being that bad

Posted on Sep 19, 2011, 9:28:08 PM PDT
DEMO 2 of PES12 is much BETTER than demo 1 and FIFA12 demo as well.

Unfortunately, it is not available on the US PSN, but you can get it from the European one. It is really different than demo 1.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011, 3:50:31 AM PDT
I'm not a soccer fan but I DL'ed this demo and although I didn't score any goals in regulation. I did on the penalty kicks. (I think that's what they're called). I had a blast with the demo. The controls felt very responsive and it was an overall good demo in my eyes.

I don't know maybe because I'm a newbie it seems so great to me, but I enjoyed it and if it drops to $39.99 I more than likely will give a soccer game a chance.

Posted on Sep 21, 2011, 3:07:52 PM PDT
guys look i find the way to get to the old fifa defence , email me i will tell becz my bro want the pc

Posted on Sep 22, 2011, 10:18:50 AM PDT
Edgardo says:
these arent's breaking news abou, you can just go in to game settings and change defending to legacy? lol plus when you play online you won't be able to play legacy defence you have to play tactical defending so all you nubs don't take advantage and charge with X everytime, defending now takes some skill

Posted on Sep 22, 2011, 3:17:08 PM PDT
C. Charlton says:
good thing I've been playing the crap out of the demo recently, I think I'll be cancelling my preorder soon if things dont change by time the full release is out, I'll be hearing from the season ticket holders that get their games this weekend.
But my problem is slide tackling, this so called player impact engine is very flawed and this bug is gamebreaking. You sweep their feet away and they continue running. Check these pics to see what I'm talking about, sorry i dont have a video now but if you play the dem just try to slide tackle and not go for the ball, just try to clean up the player and you will see.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/jonnie_knoxville/run1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/jonnie_knoxville/run2.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011, 3:56:57 PM PDT
Honduras7 says:
You will probably be able to change your settings before you search for a match. Pretty sure you'll search for people with your settings. They better let us play with "Legacy Defending" online if not, I won't get this.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011, 4:37:45 PM PDT
Edgardo says:
there is no legacy defending for online game modes, if you only play head 2 head matches yes you should be able to find some one match against using legacy game mode but really? for what learn to play the game and play like it has been made. if you play clubs there is no legacy game mode available you must use tactical defending, it makes the game a lot more balanced and it is a lot more challenging to play, everyone in fifa 11 could play defense but that won't be the case on 12
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
FIFA Soccer 12 - Playstation 3
FIFA Soccer 12 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (402)