Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$1.90 - $500.00

Showing 1-10 of 629 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 767 reviews
on December 13, 2013
In many respects, it's a great game. The ball physics and passing are pretty good and quite realistic ... until it comes to shooting and scoring. Shots that should go in such as one on ones with the goal keeper either never happen, miss, or are blocked by the goal keeper who seems to have super human abilities. Other shots that have extremely low chances seem to randomly go in. Aiming is a nightmare and because the shot gauge controls both the strength and height of the ball. This makes no sense and ends up making shooting an arbitrary, random act. It also results in the inability to take hard low shots, except as the game sees fit to dish up. That is, if one can even get a shot off against the superhuman goalies. The drills are fun, but in no way reflect actual gameplay nor help one learn the horrific shooting and long pass controls. As far as I can tell, shots and long passes are not really aimed. You never know what you're going to get, no matter how careful the aim and shot strength/height are. The players seem to forget what they were doing the closer they get to an opponent's goal, while the defense, which is laughable most of the time as one can dribble from one end of the field to the other effortlessly, all of a sudden seems to close in.

All in all, it's an experiment in frustration that could have been a great soccer game. It's obvious EA's idea of difficulty is just making the controls more difficult and frustrating (especially in the skill challenges). Higher difficulties actually lead to more goals and the control problems, especially shooting and defense are so glaringly obvious at lower difficulties, the game is unbearable. Thus, the learning curve is incredibly steep. While it does a good job with midfield play and occasionally even headers, this is not a football simulation. I won't even bother to address licenses as they don't matter and tactics as they don't exist.
on January 1, 2014
I've been playing FIFA for years, and although FIFA 13 had its moments, this year's incarnation takes the cake in the bulls*** department. Before I start, I want to let you know that I mostly play Ultimate Team.

First off: YOUR DEFENDERS ARE PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED. I had Kompany and David Luiz as CBs, and every three out of four games, my opponents just blazed them. I believe I play very competently and I know how to put up a great defense, but it doesn't matter. My opponent can have a bronze forward that's not even worth a coin and find ways to just through lob it past these half-wits and get it past my keeper. It's not just FUT, but every mode as well. I have a theory that EA randomly generates an algorithm and assigns it to random FIFA users that "curses" them forever, because I just can't explain it any other way. Atleast I give it back to them right on the counter attack, right? Wrong. I had Van Persie and Suarez as a striking pair, and almost every time I try to score an equaliser, I get an offsides call. When that's not happening, your equally retarded midfielders (who are not retarded in real life, I played with David Silva in FUT, which goes to show how BS this game is) will almost ALWAYS pass it to some random person who isn't on a run, turning over the ball in the process, and allowing yet another counter attack for your opponent who will score, do the dead fish taunt, and show the replay....4 times in one game. Once again I'll say, I play football in real life and know how to play. Yet the EA curse hardly permits me to do anything about it.

The servers are also crap. You'd think a company that makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year by swindling people into buying a "realistic" football game would be able to afford elite technology to make the game as seamless as possible, but nope, not with EA.

All in all, avoid this game at all costs. PES this year sucks too, so I don't know what to say. Since I just broke my disc and controller after having 5'8 Italian midgets head over Vincent Kompany and David Luiz for the hundredth time today, I really can't recommend you any games for that matter since I can't even play them. Perhaps, I don't know, play real football? You know, like outside?
on June 11, 2016
When you play against the computer you know right away it is 100% biased with it self! I usually play Real Madrid against Barcelona. The referee makes fouls against me for no reasons at all! when their attack fails suddenly I see there is a foul against my team. Yellow cards and red cards given to my player just like that for no valid reason! on the other hand the other team don't play football they play Karate, Kung Fo and all the marshal arts they don't get cards, not only that, they rarely get foul against them!
It is a very unfair and unjust game! Just imagine the opposing team gets 5 players replacements and you only get 3!
Some of the issues;
When you pass a long pass your players are always offside!
When the opposing team attacks you don't see the whole view and in a fracture of a second you just see a player facing the box in a good position to score a goal and the ball reaches his foot.
Many attacks when they score the view is from behind and you just don't see the ball and don't know what's going on then you see they scored! How you just don't know!
The other team players only need to stretch their foot for you to find that you lost the ball and it was gone to another player from the opponent team! not only that but also even when they slide the ball goes to one of his team mates!!
The goal keeper blocks some legendary strikes that can't ever happen in real!
The opponent team spread like crazy! even near the end of the game where every one is exhausted you see still find them run and spread like rockets!
Imagine you jut had a substitution player playing at the minute 70 a player from the other team who is playing from the beginning still can run faster than him and blocks him!
Also you are counter attacking you see the defense coming 15 feet from behind and still can catch up your player and you suddenly find him in front of your player with the ball in his control!!
The goals the opponent team scores most of the time that they are so silly so that the system does not show a play back! this always happen when they score while the player is offside! either don't do a playback or do it from angles make you don't see the actual positions of the players!
When my team passes a long pass especially at the defense the ball will always go off the field while the opponent team will rarely go out!
The opponent makes a long pass you see the ball is so so fast that no way the attacker can reach it suddenly you see unbelievable slow down in the ball speed and its a goal!
These are some of the things I was able to remember!
on October 14, 2013
I'm so disappointed in this version. I've been playing since its release and it is by far the worst version I've played in several years. Most reviews hit it on the head, so I won't go into too much detail. What I'll add that I have not seen complaints about is major faults in gameplay. Here is what I've noticed that is not discussed in other reviews:

1. Too many goals are being scored from distance. I swear, every game I've played in seasons, the other team is scoring MOST goals from really long distances. The goal keep just stands there, not moving allowing for 40+ yard goals to go in regularly. Depending on who you ask, this can be annoying. I usually play with Celtic, so I play lots of Mexican Liga MX teams (due to similar star match-up and popularity with the hispanic demographic), all of them shoot from distance, scoring with multiple defenders on them and my goal keeper just remaining static. This did not happen in 2013, where a distance shot took skill, strategy, multiple attempts, and defenders missing tackles.
2. Too many goals being scored from corner kicks. In reality, 1 of 20 corners should be hitting the back of the net. In this version, it is 1 of 3. Again, depends on who you ask as to if you like it or not, but this is not real. Not reality. Too many high-percentage goals made on corners.
3. I got a penalty against me on a ----CORNER kick. Get the freak out of here with something like that. Agian, not reality. There is pushing in shoving in the box in the real game on corners, there should never be a penalty awarded on a corner--unless Suarez takes a bite out of someone! This NEVER happened to me in over 2000+ games combined in 2012 and 2013.

All this amounts to issues that really take away from the experience for me. Though, I might just need to start choosing teams that are better in the air and from distance--maybe I'll like the game more if I did that. But, to me, this takes away from the use of smart tactics to win, not random long shots and over-relience on corner kicks.
on March 16, 2014
I am giving 2 stars: not because i do not like the game, but because i keep paying for things that are not improved or fixed to my satisfaction...

- Freekicks are no fun. Solution for me: I would enjoy an actual minigame similar to penalties 10x more.
- The AI skill levels are not differentiated enough. Semi-pro is too easy, Pro is too hard. Fiddling around with the detailed settings is not satisfying. More levels or an easier interface to modify the AI are needed.
- The defense is too smart on the offside trap. Defenders do not build the trap, because they see the other players, but because EA has build too amazing algorithms. I would make this customizable (see above).
- When playing with friends, there should be an option to normalize team strength, i.e. to give a 2nd division team the same overall skills of Bayern or Barca. When playing with friends, you want to play with the team you support - but without being penalized for doing so.

EA. I would read through 2-star ratings, and i hope you do. Please work something out for the next FIFAs!
I bought this as an upgrade to Fifa 12 and after playing this game for a month my boyfriend and I both agree it was a smart purchase.

At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. The graphics were noticeably better and I loved how well the player appearances and jerseys had been rendered. It's very lifelike and really enhances the game experience, especially when you are playing with teams you follow and know well. However, initially I found the game play tricky. Tactics that worked on Fifa 12 didn't translate well to Fifa 14. Fifa 12 seemed to give you the benefit of the doubt at times, accommodating slightly inaccurate passes and shooting by assuming where you want it to go. In Fifa 14 passing and shooting seems slightly trickier and seems to require more precise movement on the controller to be accurate. But thankfully there are lots of skills drills you can do to get a feel for the game and what movements are necessary to have good results. To balance it out, I also found tackling and defending to be easier in this version of the game than in Fifa 12. We also both feel like the more time we have played it the more we prefer it to Fifa 12. Once you get the hang of it, the play feels more lifelike, more physical and more precise. It almost feels like you are playing Fifa for the first time and that things are challenging, new and exciting again.

Playing in ultimate team mode is also downright addictive. It gives you so many aspects of the team to control in addition to playing matches. It's like a mind puzzle to try to organize squads that have the best possible chemistry in addition to having great talent and since you can trade and buy players as you earn more coins, there are constantly more things to adjust and fiddle with no matter how long you play because better and better players become within your reach. The only downside is it is easy for WAY too many hours to get sucked up by this game because it gives you an incentive to keep playing so you can earn more coins, trade for better players, and have an overall stronger squad.

Of other features we love, we appreciate how when you are playing as real teams (not in ultimate team mode) it updates the lineups and the forms of the team based on how teams and players are doing in real life. Since we tend to play as teams we watch in real life, this is really fun and especially exciting when the team you are following is doing well. It adds to how lifelike this game is and makes you feel like you are truly playing this team. We also love the range of stuff available for purchase with points like vintage kits, different balls, etc.

Beyond some initial frustrations when we were getting used to this game the only other thing we don't like is that at times, the game lags and the players seem to be going in slow motion. But thankfully this happens pretty infrequently.

Overall we love Fifa 14 and are really enjoying playing this game.
on January 27, 2014
Fifa 14 is a big step back to the decent game which Fifa 13 was.
I regret so much that I bought it online otherwise I'd have turned it back to the store at the same day.

At first I was impressed by the new design on the menus which is awesome. The soundtrack is great and there are several fun modes of game to play but in my opinion, Fifa 14 is deeply damaged on its mechanics of play.

Here are the drawbacks I noticed and found them to be horrible:
- CFs and STs are in offside position ALL THE TIME. It's like they don't notice the lines. DUMB AI mistake;
- World class midfielders miss 2/3 meter short passes and some of the first touches are awful;
- Some times players are about to receive the ball and the same goes through them as if they were not there;
- No ball boys. When the ball goes out on the side line, players run huge distances just to pick it up and run all the way back to take the throw-in;
- If you're marking the opposition on a throw-in ball, it's almost impossible to intercept the throw even if the ball comes in your player's direction;
- Players still run into each other like they did in Fifa 13. Another DUMB mistake;
- On rainy games, players with the ball possession kind of "slide" on the field and can run way slower than normal. The opposition can run around them easily. Results: Ugly and slow matches;
- The comparison between players in European clubs and players from the "Rest of the world" is, as always, very much unrealistic. As a good example, check-out Neymar's skills on Fifa 13 (still in Santos) and compare those with the new Barcelona's Neymar in Fifa 14. Countless times better.

Positive items I noticed:
- The speed between players is realistic and you don't have a clear advantage when playing a fast offender against a slow defender;
- The players look even more closer to what they look like in real life;
- Soundtrack. I always like Fifa soundtracks selections and even add some of them to my Spotify playlists;
- The trade market is great and options are more accessible on the FUT mode;
- The game is recently updated and the improved skills are featured on the squads management screen so you know what and how much that player improved.

Hopefully all the negative points will be fixed this year on Fifa 15 but if you're thinking on buying Fifa 14, my recommendation is to borrow it or buy it from a store where you can always return in case you don't like it. There are major changes on the game play and definitely these are very relevant for whoever is interested on acquiring the game.
on February 7, 2014
I play PES for a very long time and I still buy it every year but I had to start playing FIFA so I can play against/with friends(They all play FIFA). Anyway, PES does not have all the online modes FIFA offer to play with friends. The game play, I think FIFA2014 gets better than last year. But (in my opinion) there are fundamental football flaws in the this game (FIFA) which are really annoying, such as,
Defender rarely bicycle kick to clear in real world, they just don't - it doesn't make sense to risk- it happens every game and very often in this game, even when there are other options available to clear. EA probably this its cool.

Goal keeper do not take over 5 sec to kick/pass the ball when you are behind especially in late game. They do in this game for no reason.

Ridiculous celebrating - it's rare occasion to see player celebrate in unique way in real game (like crouch robo dance) but in this game - the players always do stupid celebrations - even when they just score one consolation goal in 6-1 loosing game.

Commentator - I was very happy when I found out I was able to change to a different set of commentators which were less annoying. I mean why do they need to praise back heel pass every time? It is nothing special. The worst of all why do they have to make a big discussion about every time when referees allow advantage play ?? Do EA think whoever playing their game have no clue about football?

On the gameplay - in real world a player with weak foot will 9 times out of 10 try to kick with his strong foot, no matter be it outside foot or backheel or toe or knee. In this game, it depends on your positioning behind the ball. Try to dribble and kick a long shot with one footed player a few times, if you don't control, he will hit 50/50 left/right. I think it is just wrong. Real life player would always try to position the ball so he/she can hits with stronger foot.

FIFA wins in popularity and online but PES still gives you better football feeling.
on December 7, 2013
Just waste of time, let me tell you what EA wants to do;

They want to keep you as much as addicted to the game so they can keep up more online players.
How they do it?

MOMENTUM (SCRIPTING)

What ever you do, how perfect player you are it does not matter that, if game engine tells that you will lose;
YOU WILL LOSE.

What ever your opponent does, how perfect player he is it does not matter that, if game engine tells that you will win;
YOU WILL WIN.

so, if you want to gamble, just go ahead and do it. Otherwise just do not waste your time and play other PS3 games.
For a great deal of time I was an annual purchaser of EA Sports FIFA title. I looked forward to every October and seeing what changes were in store as well as improvements to old tried and true game modes, the usual roster updates, and graphical evolution of the series. That changed a bit after a few big disappointments, namely FIFA 2006 and 2008. I found myself skipping a year in between releases as simple roster updates and a few tweaks between games wasn't enough to spur me to make an annual purchase any longer. That said, the last FIFA title that I purchased and played extensively before FIFA '14 was FIFA '11. So take that into consideration when reading my review.

GAMEPLAY:

Perhaps the most important part of any soccer title is the gameplay. FIFA has been criticized by many (myself included) for often feeling like the player wasn't really in complete control and the computer decided too many aspects of the gameplay as scripted events rather than naturally evolving plays as players jostle for the ball, shoot, pass, etc. To that end FIFA is constantly compared against the Pro Evolution series which has historically featured a more detailed and advanced control set.

FIFA '14 is a step forward for the series in my opinion (remember I'm coming from FIFA '11). Player motion, ball physics, passing and the like are greatly improved over previous FIFA titles. Simply mashing the run button now to make a sloppy run at a defense will in most cases result in your player losing the ball and the AI or another human controlled player having control and mounting a counterattack. Things like stride, having control of the ball actually have meaning in this game.

Similarly on defense simply mashing the jostle button or standing tackle while off balance, running or committing your player in a certain direction can have dire consequences as the opposing team can, if prepared, simple dribble the ball past your player. The phrase I would use is that FIFA '14 is more about finesse and smart gameplay rather than relying on the schemes that worked in previous titles.

Passing is another area that's changed considerably. Now passes rely heavily on the amount of power you apply to the ball as denoted on the power meter when you press the pass button. Going for a cross-field lob without sufficient power will cost you. Similarly, going for an off-balance short pass while mashing the pass button will lead to an errant pass. After a few games of adjustment I found the new passing scheme was excellent overall and in my opinion better than in previous games.

Personally, I love the changes and FIFA '14 has shaped up to be my favorite game in the series since FIFA '05 on my Xbox. Though I have a number of friends on both sides of the fence.

GRAPHICS:

On-field graphics are generally excellent. Players look more like their real-world counterparts than in titles past where the players looked a bit "plasticky" like they were action figures. Stadiums are rendered nicely and have more color denoting home field advantage and support.

Introductions to games have a more polished feel too and are best described as similar to how EA handles team introductions in their FIFA World Cup games. There's also more fanfare when you win an important game, cup match, Classico, rivalry, etc.

INTERFACE:

The main menu now is a series of widget looking tiles that not only look great but also display pertinent information. Now after a game you don't need to go into a sub-menu to see your players fitness level, the information is displayed promptly on the team management tab. Changes to your formation can be made right from the root of the menu by highlighting the team tile and using the right-thumbstick to switch things up. More detailed changes can still be made by entering a sub-menu but it's nice that a lot of stuff can be done without going further into a menu.

Another nice addition is a more granular level of control over your team if you go the career manager route. You still cannot set ticket prices, concession prices, etc. like in many other EA Sports titles but you do have a lot more options on everything from scouting (completely revamped and actually relevant) to junior team, career options, player contracts and negotiations, interaction with team staff and budgets. The scouting mode is particularly interesting and much deeper than in previous games. Don't expect a Football Manager type of depth but enough to keep you interested and make the mode worthwhile. Scouts can be purchased and the better the scout the more they cost. They can be sent to specific geographic areas to recruit and you can even focus them on what type of player your after. Non-scouted players have some general information available to them, however, more detailed information, in the form of numerical ratings, can only be seen once a player has been scouted. There are also different levels of detail from a quick scout to a more in-depth report. This is important when making an offer for a player as more detailed information will lead to a more accurate offer and thus a better likelihood that the player and team will accept your offer.

ONLINE GAMEPLAY:

The newest feature for the online portion of FIFA is called FIFA seasons where you and a buddy can team up to take on other players in a 2 vs. 2 match-up. Seasons has a number of different tables and a world-wide leaderboard that you and your friend can climb. Otherwise, the old match modes make a return and online gameplay is stable and reliably free of lag most of the time.

--------------------
THE GOOD:

(+) Improvements to gameplay overall; player motion is more natural, shooting is harder, defending once acclimated to is easier
(+) Passing is much improved
(+) Overhaul of the menus is a very welcome addition
(+) More stuff to do - from skill games, manager mode options, player creation, etc.
(+) The season calendar feels more thought out to space games out and now includes international friendlies (your manager can be hired by an international team)
(+) More leagues! Poland here I come...

--------------------
THE BAD:
(-) The menus look really great but can take a bit of time to load when moving between tabs
(-) First touch moves are trickier and not the almost guaranteed way to destroy a defense like in previous FIFA titles
(-) Why is there still no option for online friends to join or start a career mode together playing against the AI is stupefying

--------------------
CONCLUSION:

FIFA '14 is overall a fantastic entry in the FIFA series that features the right mix of new along with improvements to the old formula to justify a purchase. Expect a good game but expect one that also requires old dogs learn new tricks.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.