Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Real Player Motion Technology: The all-new, game-changing animation system utilizes pose trajectory matching on every frame to deliver the franchise’s most responsive and fluid gameplay ever.
- Player Personality: For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best.
- The Journey: Alex Hunter returns along with a star-studded cast of characters and top football talent, like Ronaldo and other European stars
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Powered by Frostbite, EA SPORTS FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the players, teams, and aospheres that immerse you in the emotion of The World’s Game. The biggest step in gameplay innovation in franchise history, FIFA 18 introduces Real Player Motion Technology, an all-new animation system which unlocks a new level of responsiveness, and player personality – now Cristiano Ronaldo and other top players feel and move exactly like they do on the real pitch. Player Control combined with new Team Styles and Positioning give you the tools to deliver Dramatic Moments that ignite Immersive Aospheres around the world. The World’s Game also takes you on a global journey as Alex Hunter Returns along with a star-studded cast of characters, including Cristiano Ronaldo and other European football stars.
GAMEPLAY AND PRESENTATION
Powered by Frostbite
Attention to innovation in true-to-life action, new football worlds and character depth, Frostbite helps to further blur the lines between the virtual and real worlds. Using movie studio-style advanced shadowing and occlusion techniques to benefit character rendering and overall pitch presentation, FIFA 18 delivers the most visually arresting and authentic football simulation ever.
- Real Player Motion Technology:The all-new, game-changing animation system utilizes pose trajectory matching on every frame to deliver the franchise’s most responsive and fluid gameplay ever. New motion capture techniques and frame by frame animation transitions ensure gameplay accurately represents the reality of football. Real Player Motion Tech is the catalyst for an increased fidelity in movement for every player on the pitch, immediately taking authenticity to another level.
Player Personality: Six new character archetypes and new player mapping technology differentiate players on the pitch to give them their own distinct identity. For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best. Ronaldo’s signature sprint, Sterling’s unique turns, and Robben’s distinct arm movement are all immediately recognizable in FIFA 18.
Dribbling Overhaul:In FIFA 18, you will run at defenders with confidence knowing that the best players can change direction on a dime. New dribbling mechanics enable players to inject more creativity into 1v1 situations. Take more defined touches, make tighter turns, and explode into attack more dynamically than ever before.
- Responsive:Creative on-ball skills, contextual touches, and a re-imagining of the control dribble mechanic give players new options when building up attacks in tight spaces. Change direction with ease and feel your player respond when you escape a defender lunging to tackle.
- Explosive:Authentic and dynamic speed-based animations allow you to explode more rapidly from controlled touches into full tilt sprints.
Team Styles and Positioning
- New Player Positioning: With more freedom in motion, your teammates examine the pitch and react accordingly; darting forward in coordinated runs, or moving into space to provide consistent attacking support. New player positioning gives you a well-balanced and spread pitch with more opportunities in time and space to read the play.
- Team Styles:A deep set of authentic playing styles attributed to several teams put the most-recognized tactics on the pitch in FIFA 18 - now in AI you will immediately recognize the tiki-taka of some of Europe’s best clubs or the high-pressing style of teams in the Premier League. Feel a change in defensive and attacking approaches every time you choose a new club or opponent.
- Dynamic Quick Substitutes:All-new context based substitution prompts allow players to easily make changes without pausing the match. Whether it's a missed chance, or necessary response to conceding a goal, you can instantly decide if a change is needed without visiting the menu.
- Regional Aospheres: Authentic sun positions, cinematic aosphere grading, signature pitch-side fixtures, authentic broadcast overlays in La Liga and MLS, on-pitch debris, club and stadium specific banners, adaptive commentary, and changes in pitch quality all come together to bring the most immersive football experiences to life in FIFA 18.
- High-Def Dynamic Crowds:All-new individual crowd reactions and expanded regional chant support have you feeding off the energy of your supporters. Hear authentic chants build as you mount an attack, incite realistic excitement when you score and even interact with the crowd while celebrating.
- Wonder Goals: New locomotion and finishing animations unlock more fluid striking and heading, combining to increase the potential for more dramatic finishes. Player Personality ensures the heroes of the game stand tall in the biggest moments, finishing more often on the biggest stages.
- New Crossing Control:All-new crossing controls provide the player with a variety of options to put the ball into the box, creating dynamic attacking chances. Whipped to the spot, arching, and back-stick crosses increase the variety of delivery to accurately pick out the attacking player.
THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS
The World’s Game takes you on a global journey as Alex Hunter returns along with a star-studded cast of characters and top football talent, like Ronaldo and other European stars. After a breathtaking first season in the Premier League, Hunter is gaining recognition from top clubs the world over and he is willing to explore any options coming his way. He feels ready to take the next step, his future is bright, and the world is talking about Hunter….but life in football isn’t always fair.
Tour the Football World: From a summer break in Brazil, to a pre-season tour in Los Angeles, Alex Hunter experiences diverse football landscapes in a truly global journey.
More to Play For: Chapter-based, short term objectives give Alex Hunter more to play for as he navigates his way through the second season of a prospering career.
A Star-Studded Cast: Cristiano Ronaldo leads a list of footballing greats and new, diverse characters in a star-studded cast well-suited to a blockbuster sequel.
Impactful Decisions: Players will be faced with bigger and more difficult choices that will alter the story with long-term consequences. Shape The Journey narrative in a personal way by making decisions that dictate Alex Hunter's career and effect relationships with characters both on and off the pitch.
Your Alex Hunter: Personalize the look of Alex Hunter by selecting his hair, tattoos, and clothing from a series of options. You can even pick Alex's dominant foot to make sure he suits your playing style.
Local Multiplayer: Play The Journey as a team through local multiplayer, and experience on-pitch action with friends.
New Playable Characters: Now players have the option to experience short, standalone stories with new playable characters that Alex meets throughout The Journey.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Besides the "campaign" component of the game, called the Journey, FIFA 18 offers two offline modes, including an arcade-like instant Kick Off mode, and a Squad Battle as part of the Ultimate Team (offline) mode, which allows you to manage a team and move them through various matches and tournaments. In both modes, the spectacle of the game is amazing--the ambiance of the sportscasters, the graphics, and the uniforms/kit make it almost like watching the real thing--except you get to control some of the game. However, despite there being many recorded responses, after playing the game for about 10 hours, you can easily predict and voice the running commentary at the same time as the announcers ("Well, his teammates aren't too happy." "It's bound to prey on his mind for the rest of the match." "That's flown over the crossbar!") At that point, it stops enhancing the game and instead reinforces the canned nature of the commentary.
I do not agree that the gameplay completely fails to mirror actual football/soccer games. There are a lot of problems, however--even when you have switched your control to a specific player. There are moments when you cannot use even the limited set of operations (e.g., slide tackle) despite the fact that you are supposedly controlling the player. Since the game doesn't normally allow players to run into each other (but does allow unpenalized fouls on the goal keeper), the moment the AI takes over even while you supposedly are controlling the player has the comical effect of making the player run literal rings around another player--not getting close enough to interfere with their attack.
Also, while corner kicks--in real-life gameplay--create big risks/opportunity for scoring. I think only one time in a hundred has anyone scored in a corner-kick situation. It's easy to block out the opponent, while the opponent easily blocks out most attempts to exploit the situation.
The AI is far from perfect and your own team is by necessity, partly run by the AI. When switching players manually, the AI does not even attempt to understand why you moved players in one direction. When your attention moves to another player, they run right back in whatever direction they originally were running. The effect on the opponent team is even worse since it is 100% run by the AI. The AI performance often gives the appearance that the ability of the opponent changes dramatically when you do better. The only way to fix this is to change the many game settings offered, such as speed and acceleration, goalkeeper ability, shot error (but with the significant exception of AI defense abilities, which never seem to fail).
There are two areas that do not match real-life football. One of these is the vertical angle at which shots are made, which seems to vary from 5 degrees to 60 degrees, whereas the typical goal shot will be 0 to 30 degrees. This aspect of the game gives the impression that US-Americans programmed the game for gridiron field goals, with an elevation of 10 to 30 feet in the air. The result is that more shots than not will go flying I can't wrap my head around why this bug has not been fixed yet.
The second bug has to with how often the AI will allow your own players as well as the totally AI-controlled players to be offside. This happens at least three times as much as it ever does in normal play on a field/pitch by any set of players over the age of 10.
My attempts to correct for the strange effects of the AI, by using game settings, works for the instant match Kick-Off mode. Unfortunately, you cannot adjust the relevant game settings for the Squad Battle. So, you're stuck with all the problems of the AI for Squad Battles. I haven't decided whether it is worth starting any more squad battles given how unplayable those are.
Good arcade game, interesting story gameplay for The Journey. Irritating AI that can be corrected for in the arcade mode, but makes for an unplayable offline Ultimate Team game mode. If you are looking for an arcade-style game, wait for the price to get under $20. If you think you'll like The Journey too, $30 might not be too much. I would only pay over $30 if I were going to be playing online matches every weekend.
Gameplay has taken a HUGE step back. Among the things that have gotten worse/ more infuriating since the previous game:
-AI runs off the ball
-PENALTIES. OH MY GOD.
-Properly weighting passes and through balls.
-AI defending off the ball
-maybe just me, but a disproportional amount of shots come off the post.
-finesse shots? Ruined. They were too powerful and now they're nearly unusable.
-crossing during open play
So yeah. Overall gameplay level is slightly worse than fifa 17 and WAY more frustrating. Do not play this game with friends who get angry at video games. You will be down at least one controller within 3 games.
Unfortunately, PES still kinda sucks too.
Hours of fun. Online playing against people from around the world is challenging and exiting.
I recommend this game to anyone that loves playing soccer!