FIFA 18 Standard Edition - Xbox One
- Real Player Motion Technology: The all-new, game-changing animation system utilizes pose trajectory matching on every frame to deliver the franchise’s most responsive and fluid gameplay ever
- Player Personality: For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best
- The Journey: Alex Hunter returns along with a star-studded cast of characters and top football talent, like Ronaldo and other European stars
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Powered by Frostbite, EA SPORTS FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the players, teams, and atmospheres that immerse you in the emotion of The World’s Game. The biggest step in gameplay innovation in franchise history, FIFA 18 introduces Real Player Motion Technology, an all-new animation system which unlocks a new level of responsiveness, and player personality – now Cristiano Ronaldo and other top players feel and move exactly like they do on the real pitch. Player Control combined with new Team Styles and Positioning give you the tools to deliver Dramatic Moments that ignite Immersive Atmospheres around the world. The World’s Game also takes you on a global journey as Alex Hunter Returns along with a star-studded cast of characters, including Cristiano Ronaldo and other European football stars.
GAMEPLAY AND PRESENTATION
Powered by Frostbite
Attention to innovation in true-to-life action, new football worlds and character depth, Frostbite helps to further blur the lines between the virtual and real worlds. Using movie studio-style advanced shadowing and occlusion techniques to benefit character rendering and overall pitch presentation, FIFA 18 delivers the most visually arresting and authentic football simulation ever.
- Real Player Motion Technology:The all-new, game-changing animation system utilizes pose trajectory matching on every frame to deliver the franchise’s most responsive and fluid gameplay ever. New motion capture techniques and frame by frame animation transitions ensure gameplay accurately represents the reality of football. Real Player Motion Tech is the catalyst for an increased fidelity in movement for every player on the pitch, immediately taking authenticity to another level.
Player Personality: Six new character archetypes and new player mapping technology differentiate players on the pitch to give them their own distinct identity. For the first time ever, real-world movements, size and attributes inform how a player moves, allowing you to feel the life-like tendencies of the world’s best. Ronaldo’s signature sprint, Sterling’s unique turns, and Robben’s distinct arm movement are all immediately recognizable in FIFA 18.
Dribbling Overhaul:In FIFA 18, you will run at defenders with confidence knowing that the best players can change direction on a dime. New dribbling mechanics enable players to inject more creativity into 1v1 situations. Take more defined touches, make tighter turns, and explode into attack more dynamically than ever before.
- Responsive:Creative on-ball skills, contextual touches, and a re-imagining of the control dribble mechanic give players new options when building up attacks in tight spaces. Change direction with ease and feel your player respond when you escape a defender lunging to tackle.
- Explosive:Authentic and dynamic speed-based animations allow you to explode more rapidly from controlled touches into full tilt sprints.
Team Styles and Positioning
- New Player Positioning: With more freedom in motion, your teammates examine the pitch and react accordingly; darting forward in coordinated runs, or moving into space to provide consistent attacking support. New player positioning gives you a well-balanced and spread pitch with more opportunities in time and space to read the play.
- Team Styles:A deep set of authentic playing styles attributed to several teams put the most-recognized tactics on the pitch in FIFA 18 - now in AI you will immediately recognize the tiki-taka of some of Europe’s best clubs or the high-pressing style of teams in the Premier League. Feel a change in defensive and attacking approaches every time you choose a new club or opponent.
- Dynamic Quick Substitutes:All-new context based substitution prompts allow players to easily make changes without pausing the match. Whether it's a missed chance, or necessary response to conceding a goal, you can instantly decide if a change is needed without visiting the menu.
- Regional Atmospheres: Authentic sun positions, cinematic atmosphere grading, signature pitch-side fixtures, authentic broadcast overlays in La Liga and MLS, on-pitch debris, club and stadium specific banners, adaptive commentary, and changes in pitch quality all come together to bring the most immersive football experiences to life in FIFA 18.
- High-Def Dynamic Crowds:All-new individual crowd reactions and expanded regional chant support have you feeding off the energy of your supporters. Hear authentic chants build as you mount an attack, incite realistic excitement when you score and even interact with the crowd while celebrating.
- Wonder Goals: New locomotion and finishing animations unlock more fluid striking and heading, combining to increase the potential for more dramatic finishes. Player Personality ensures the heroes of the game stand tall in the biggest moments, finishing more often on the biggest stages.
- New Crossing Control:All-new crossing controls provide the player with a variety of options to put the ball into the box, creating dynamic attacking chances. Whipped to the spot, arching, and back-stick crosses increase the variety of delivery to accurately pick out the attacking player.
THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS
The World’s Game takes you on a global journey as Alex Hunter returns along with a star-studded cast of characters and top football talent, like Ronaldo and other European stars. After a breathtaking first season in the Premier League, Hunter is gaining recognition from top clubs the world over and he is willing to explore any options coming his way. He feels ready to take the next step, his future is bright, and the world is talking about Hunter….but life in football isn’t always fair.
Tour the Football World: From a summer break in Brazil, to a pre-season tour in Los Angeles, Alex Hunter experiences diverse football landscapes in a truly global journey.
More to Play For: Chapter-based, short term objectives give Alex Hunter more to play for as he navigates his way through the second season of a prospering career.
A Star-Studded Cast: Cristiano Ronaldo leads a list of footballing greats and new, diverse characters in a star-studded cast well-suited to a blockbuster sequel.
Impactful Decisions: Players will be faced with bigger and more difficult choices that will alter the story with long-term consequences. Shape The Journey narrative in a personal way by making decisions that dictate Alex Hunter's career and effect relationships with characters both on and off the pitch.
Your Alex Hunter: Personalize the look of Alex Hunter by selecting his hair, tattoos, and clothing from a series of options. You can even pick Alex's dominant foot to make sure he suits your playing style.
Local Multiplayer: Play The Journey as a team through local multiplayer, and experience on-pitch action with friends.
New Playable Characters: Now players have the option to experience short, standalone stories with new playable characters that Alex meets throughout The Journey.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Offsides is called if, when you pass the ball, your player is even 1mm past the 2nd to last defender. No real ref would call it if that teammate is running back toward you since the small distance isn't an "advantage". And, no real ref would call it if that teammate is completely uninvolved in the play. But, FIFA will call it, since the story seems more important to them than getting the rules right.
- You can't call for a low cross. If you have the ball, you press 2x 'X'. If you 2x 'X' when your teammate has the ball on the wing, you'll get a lob, the defense will clear it out of the box, and you'll get dinged for "bad call for pass".
- If you call for a pass while your teammate 'A' has the ball and 'A' passes shortly after you call, 'B' will often try to pass to you, even if they're in a horrible position to do so. And, your rating will be dinged as a result.
- When I play as forward (I play in career where I only control a single player), I frequently get called for being "out of position" even though there's zero indication on the screen that I'm out of position. I use the camera mode that is half way between my player in the ball. When the ball is near my goal, I can't see my player (except on radar). If the computer has some odd view of my position, I get dinged in the rating.
- If I'm center forward and one of my wing teammates is out of position, I get dinged b/c the computer thinks I should swap with the out-of-position player. The out-of-position player doesn't even try to get back in position (even though the ball is far away, near our goal), yet my rating suffers.
- The rating does not understand the value of attempting a high risk/reward pass. When I'm playing center forward, I might make as many "bad" passes as my midfielder, but my midfielder's passes are brain dead whereas I'm trying to score a goal. Yet, I get dinged just as much.
- The computer doesn't even try to make good passes (I play at the "world class" level). Some passes go directly to the defense. No sane player would make a pass like that.
- Many crosses go to the goalkeeper. A lot of crosses are placed in the goalie box (the smaller rectangle). Occasionally this works in real soccer, but, in FIFA, the goalie is extra powerful so these crosses almost never work. Considering how special they make the goalie, the crosses should be going to around the penalty spot.
- Throw-ins in '17 were horrible. If I was receiving, they'd go to where I was when I pressed "A" and often go right to the defense. They're better in '18, but still go too often to a contested spot.
- Passes from the computer aren't aware of the defense. Real players will look for teammates that are open. Not so in FIFA. Often, I will pass to a teammate because a defender is pressuring me. Often, I'll get a pass right back even though there's a defender on top of me. Hello?!?!
- If you started a game with the wrong difficulty, you can't change it and difficulty isn't obvious when you start a game. This is especially a problem w/ my son: I play at world class, but he plays at Amateur or Semi-Pro. Sometimes when he plays alone or when we play together, we start a game at world class w/o realizing it. They should really make this more obvious and/or easier to change.
Even with all the warts, I still play. They have all the teams, the game play is overall good, and career mode is nice (though the expectations after 1.5 years become silly).
It takes a little to get used to and very different that the previous versions. Initially it wouldn't let us choose players and/or teams, but we're getting there. Hopefully it will get more fun.
Top international reviews
Now waiting to buy 2019 soon.
Delivery was fast and good
Satisfied with it