+ $4.99 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- 250 additions and enhancements to core gameplay
- Live Season - Dynamic update of player information in-game that mirrors real-life performances. Leagues included - English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1 Orange, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and Mexican Primera Division.Be A Pro - 10 vs 10 Online Team Play
- Custom Team Tactics Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations). Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent's weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online
- Be A Pro - Seasons Pick or create a professional player and test your football ability over a four season campaign
- Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence - Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
FIFA Soccer 09 - Xbox 360
Lace up your cleats, strap on your shin guards and step onto the pitch to play professional soccer your way in FIFA Soccer 09. Fine tuned to take advantage of the advanced processing power of Next-Generation gaming consoles, through FIFA 09 players will experience the most authentic soccer simulation EA Sports has ever delivered on the Xbox 360 as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional footballer on the rise in the international leagues and customize your game to suit your evolving style and abilities.
Powered by the third generation of the EA Sports' soccer engine, FIFA 09 features more than 250 core gameplay additions and enhancements that deliver the most responsive, intelligent and realistic action ever for the series. Enjoy turning defenders with more controlled dribbling and ball control, snapping off precision shots with improved first-time shooting mechanics and firing beautifully timed passes with greater accuracy, placing the ball exactly where you want it. With new player momentum physics the speed and weight of the player determines everything from the distance of a slide tackle and the power of a header to the severity of player collisions and the height of a player's jump. Plus, players now behave according to their physical attributes with larger, stronger players dominating collisions, battles for control of the ball, and position in challenges for two player headers. Custom Team Tactics
FIFA Soccer 09 features new Custom Team Tactics that gives you all the tools to become a first-team coach. For the first time, go inside the game engine to customize the positioning and support play of your teammates and decide exactly how your team will play in any situation. Now you are the player, coach and manager. You have the power to adjust and customize tactical settings so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team plays or how you think it should play. Save your tactics and then make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent's weaknesses, all on-the-fly. Key Game Features:
- Polished, Refined Gameplay - Featuring 250 additions and enhancements to core gameplay, including new animation technology that creates more responsive first-time shooting and passing, faster and more controlled dribbling, and improved trapping, and new player momentum physics that delivers realistic player collisions, authentic jostling for the ball, and more variation in tackling.
- Custom Team Tactics - Become a first-team coach with the power to tune and balance 11 tactical sliders for 140 attacking and 40 defending options (more than 50,000 combinations) so CPU players and your team perform just like the real-world team or how you think the real team should play. Save your tactics to make strategic decisions to exploit your opponent’s weaknesses during the game. Plus, share your strategies with friends online*.
- Be A Pro: Seasons - Pick or create a professional player and test your soccer ability over a four season campaign. Master a single position and develop your skills -- passing, shooting, positioning, marking -- to ultimately become a national legend.
- Be A Pro: 10 Vs 10 Online Team Play - Create your own team of up to 10 friends all playing fixed outfield positions to challenge rival teams of up to 10 players. Instead of thinking as an individual player now you have to think and play as a team.
- Improved Goalkeeper Intelligence - Goalkeepers position themselves more intelligently, react to shots more realistically and recover from saves faster.
- Customized Controllers - Create your own bespoke controller configuration, save it and even take it online effortlessly. Assign actions to the buttons exactly how you like them for complete control.
- Multiplayer Options - Local multiplayer support 1-4 players; Local co-op 2-4; Xbox LIVE multiplayer support 2-20 players; Xbox LIVE co-op 2-4 players.
Live the fantasy of a professional soccer player through the popular feature innovation - 'Be A Pro' - now expanded to include a career mode. 'In Be A Pro: Seasons' you pick or create a professional player and then develop his skills at a single outfield position over a period of time. Your ultimate is to become an international legend, but will you do it with your home club or take your game on to the road? The choice is yours in FIFA Soccer 09. Lifelike Player Reactions
Soccer matches are filled with a myriad of sounds, gestures and emotions. Until now this firsthand experience has been missing from video game simulations, but FIFA Soccer 09 brings the richness of the world's game to life with its lifelike player reaction system. Through this, players on your squad react to the events on the pitch, both through gestures and in their native tongues. These can be emotional responses like complaints about a call, or about the way the game is unfolding, but they can also be directional, such as indicating that a player is offsides, calling for a ball/directing where it should be passsed and waving off a defensive assignment. Not only does this smart cooperative AI help you in the field, but it also injects soul into a game loved by millions around the world and one it is you task to conquer in FIFA 09. * Broadband connection required for online play via Xbox LIVE.
Top customer reviews
Players love being offsides more than they like running in this game. Your players are offsides on goal kicks half the time for crying out loud. That said, after playing this game for a while you get used to the runs that your teammates make and can more easily prevent being offsides, but it is still an issue.
Defending is a joke. To defend, just stand in the way of the oncoming player. This sounds simple enough, although it is really hit or miss. If there was a dedicated tackle button (other than slide-tackle which you can do at any time), that would be nice.
Free kicks are near impossible. Despite practicing a lot, I have only scored once off of numerous free kicks.
When shooting, it is easier to kick the ball over the net than it is to pass first grade math. Why make the power meter go so high if the ball flies over the net even when you're barely above half power?
Clearing the ball sucks. There is a dedicated "clear the ball" button, but somehow players lost all their strength kicking the ball miles over the net and can only clear it 15 yards. You're better off using the "cross" button to try and clear the ball.
While it may seem like there are lots of negative things about this game, I will say that there are far more positives and the game is definitely worth buying if you want a cheap soccer game to play. With Fifa 11 coming out soon, the price of Fifa 10 should drop enough so that it becomes a better purchasing choice than Fifa 09.