About the Product
- Celebrating your goals becomes more interactive as your friends can now join in on the action
- The Personality+ system sees a soccer player's ability on the pitch mirrored authentically in game, creating players with individual personalities
- True freedom in man-to-man interactions, transforming physical play from individual lateral jostling to full 360° collisions
- A new passing system where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch
- For the first time ever, you will be able to take full control of your goalkeeper and command play from the toughest position on the pitch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
FIFA Soccer 11 is the 18th game in Electronic Arts' popular video game soccer series. Continuing with the franchise's unique blend of realism and innovative features that bring the authenticity to the video game pitch that fans crave, FIFA Soccer 11 is an exciting must-have title for both longtime and existing fans of console sports gaming. Game features include: a roster of over 15,000 real players represented in-game, the Personality+ system which mirrors the abilities of every player imported into the game, all-new passing abilities, finer dribbling controls, extensive customization options and more.
A Reinvention of the Game
FIFA Soccer 11 reinvents player authenticity--on and off the ball--for every player and at every position on the pitch with a number of innovative gameplay features, including Personality+, an all-new feature that sees individual abilities reflected in game, enabling clear differentiation for every player.
With Personality+ a footballer's abilities on the pitch is mirrored authentically in game, creating individual personalities. Players will be distinguished from one another through a sophisticated database that evaluates and grades each player's skill-set over 36 attributes and 57 traits, compiled by 1,700 scouts around the world. Real Madrid's Kaka will deliver crisp, creative passes, Barcelona's Andres Iniesta will utilize tighter turns and close control to dribble through defenses, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney will hold off defenders and strike shots from distance with pace, and topflight defenders like Giorgio Chiellini of Juventus will anticipate, predict and react to offensive players to win back possession.
Goalkeepers have also been injected with Personality+. The real-life personality of the keeper, whether acrobatic or traditional, will dictate his style in game. Dive attributes will determine the keepers with the ability to reach for further shots while reflex attributes determine reaction times, so a keeper like Petr Cech of Chelsea FC will show be able to showcase world-class skills.
A new engine delivers an authentic experience that mimics the real-world game. Begin as a real player, created player or Virtual Pro and evolve into a player-manager and manager--or just begin at the top--and enjoy a 15-year career. Players now receive instant feedback and enjoy a vastly improved status system. Plus, authentic tournament structures, results and new calendar system, featuring simultaneous simulations, improve the speed and flow of games. Featuring new Team Management for simpler player comparison and Friends Leaderboard to compare stats and earnings.
Pro Passing and Customization
Building on the FIFA 10 gameplay that won 50 sports game of the year awards, FIFA 11 introduces new Pro Passing where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch, yielding a deeply rewarding passing system. Plus, a series of new customization tools will enable fans to transform FIFA 11 in new and personally meaningful ways. Assign customized chants for every team and league and play music tracks from your existing library from within the game.
Key Game Features
- Personality+ - Personality + sees a footballer's performance on the pitch mirrored authentically in game, creating clearly differentiated players with individual personalities. Personality+ at every position and for every player on the pitch reinvents how players perform – on and off the ball.
- Personality+ Goalkeepers - The real-life personality of the Keeper, whether acrobatic or traditional, will dictate his style in the game. Dive attributes will determine the keepers with the ability to reach for further shots while Reflex attribute determine reaction times.
- Personality+ CPU AI - CPU controlled football stars have a suite of skill moves to exploit, with star player attributes and specific behaviors attributed to particular players.
- Personality+ Celebrations - User Controlled Celebrations 2.0 enhances the emotion of scoring by allowing you to perform your players trademark celebration and interact with your teammates in real-time.
- Personality+ Player Models - Greater variety of bodies and models further distinguishes each player on the pitch. Plus, new dribble run styles perfectly match players' real-world abilities and style.
- Personality+ Animations - More varied and realistic animations will bring an added level of authenticity. New heading animations differentiate downward strikes from deflections. Featuring dozens of new tackling, slide tackle and jostling animations with a multitude of new responses.
- Pro Passing System - A new passing system where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch. Poor decisions or over/under striking the ball will mean error-prone outcomes. New types of passes such as swerve passes will enable players to make a safer and more effective play.
- Customized Crowd Chants - Assign customized chants for every team and league. Set your home club's anthems and chants to play during player introductions, half-time, and after goals. Even hear your name echo in the stands of Old Trafford or San Siro with customized chants for your Virtual Pro. Plus, play music from your hard drive in game.
- Advanced Goalkeeper Awareness - Goalkeepers are now more aware of their surroundings and react more intelligently to each threat. Improvements include sprinting to cut off a loose ball, demonstrating urgency when scrambling back to the net, and the aptitude to skillfully identify and react to lob shots.
- FIFA Theatre - Save highlights from any match – including online – right to your hard drive to view, replay or upload to Footballworld.com at any time.
- Complete Authenticity - 28 officially licensed leagues, over 500 licensed teams and more than 15,000 players.
- Virtual Pro - Live out the fantasy of being a real life footballer by creating yourself in game with a 3D head using Photo Game Face. Play as yourself across any mode. Grow your player attributes through 200 accomplishments and take your Virtual Pro online to become a global superstar.
- 360° Dribbling - The market-leading 360° dribbling system that provides finer dribbling control, enabling players to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
Top Customer Reviews
Even though I turned on the fast game speed on, the game still feels a bit slow against FIFA 10, but that's not an issue because it is the right speed (at least for me) not being too fast, nor too slow. In the earlier FIFAs you didn't have to be a gamer to be good, you just had to know about football, and that had it's pros and cons, being its pros that anyone could play it and it became more competitive, and was a blast with your friends (even though none of them were video game geeks), this new FIFA version is more difficult to play and requires more skills to be able to master it, for instance I hated when someone who never played video games before beat me up on FIFA, this won't happen now. It is a completely new gameplay and you will feel like everything you knew about FIFA is gone.Read more ›
Fifa 11, is definitely a MASSIVE improvement from its predecessors. I'll essentially list out the major changes from Fifa 10 to 11.
Authentic passing: Definitely something only the purists of the sport will truly appreciate. This feature is probably the reason why people cannot simply pick up this game and enjoy. I'll admit it takes a lot of time to master. Keep in mind, for the sake of making the game as realistic as possible, EA took out the "pinball" passing from Fifa 10 that let everybody blast precision passes from all parts of the field to one another. Yes, it made things easy, but international football is definitely not an easy sport in any sense. You have to pass ahead of your teammates to catch them in stride, as players do in real life. Not only that, but you must take control of the person you're passing to right after you kick the ball, this is not automatic and you have to really pay attention. Passing is definitely the most frustrating part of trying to play this game, I'll admit it had me flustered for the first week I had this. But with practice, you'll truly appreciate what EA has done this year.
They get better every year, admittedly.
The computer got smarter, thank goodness.Read more ›
I'm a hardcore soccer fan, and I look forward to the release of both FIFA and PES every year. FIFA has been great and the improvements in the last 3 years have made it better than PES (IMHO). This year, the A.I's Field Player intelligence has improved (as well as the keepers), the passing has been modified and players behave more like themselves. The "Personality" feature has really improved this game. I was a tad bit skeptical when I read about the changes and looked at some of the initial videos. Then I played the demo and I still had concerns. I'm glad I brushed those concerns aside and picked up a copy because even though I've only played about 5 matches so far and have ZERO feedback as far as online play or the new "Be a GK" system, I already love this game. This 2011 version is not just an upgrade to 2010 or a simple "Kit" Add on. The game feels entirely different and it takes a while to get used to. I play legendary on both FIFA 10 & WC10 and I'm currently playing World Class on this one. I gave it 5 stars on the "fun" factor and 5 Overall because even though there's always room for improvement, this is the best FIFA yet in my opinion. We'll see what PES brings to the table this year.....It's going to be tough to dethrone FIFA though.
EAsports have gone out the way to give you a very realistic game, which if you are a true fan you will enjoy.
But in the process something was taken out. The Fun factor.
The game has been slowed to simulate real Football, the quick exciting breakaways, pinpoint passing and crisper control of your players are no longer there. They have been replaced by creating parity between the players. Drogba, Messi and Ronaldo no longer blow by inferior competition that produced spectacular goals. Defending is much easier in Fifa 11, so expect much more realistic scoring in games.
The bottom line for me is I believe that for the Fun Factor you cannot beat EA's Fifa World Cup 2010. The Mini Tournaments are great, the controls and the game are faster and more accurate and overall a much better game to play. I may occasionally play Fifa 11, but I will still play a lot of World Cup.