+ $3.95 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Celebrating your goals becomes more interactive as your friends can now join in on the action
- The Personality+ system sees a soccer player's ability on the pitch mirrored authentically in game, creating clearly differentiated players with individual personalities
- True freedom in man-to-man interactions, transforming physical play from individual lateral jostling to full 360° collisions involving multiple players
- A new passing system where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch
- For the first time ever, you will be able to take full control of your goalkeeper and command play from the toughest position on the pitch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
FIFA Soccer 11 is the 18th game in Electronic Arts' popular video game soccer series. Continuing with the franchise's unique blend of realism and innovative features that bring the authenticity to the video game pitch that fans crave, FIFA Soccer 11 is an exciting must-have title for both longtime and existing fans of console sports gaming. Game features include: a roster of over 15,000 real players represented in-game, the Personality+ system which mirrors the abilities of every player imported into the game, all-new passing abilities, finer dribbling controls, extensive customization options and more.
A Reinvention of the Game
FIFA Soccer 11 reinvents player authenticity--on and off the ball--for every player and at every position on the pitch with a number of innovative gameplay features, including Personality+, an all-new feature that sees individual abilities reflected in game, enabling clear differentiation for every player.
With Personality+ a footballer's abilities on the pitch is mirrored authentically in game, creating individual personalities. Players will be distinguished from one another through a sophisticated database that evaluates and grades each player's skill-set over 36 attributes and 57 traits, compiled by 1,700 scouts around the world. Real Madrid's Kaka will deliver crisp, creative passes, Barcelona's Andres Iniesta will utilize tighter turns and close control to dribble through defenses, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney will hold off defenders and strike shots from distance with pace, and topflight defenders like Giorgio Chiellini of Juventus will anticipate, predict and react to offensive players to win back possession.
Goalkeepers have also been injected with Personality+. The real-life personality of the keeper, whether acrobatic or traditional, will dictate his style in game. Dive attributes will determine the keepers with the ability to reach for further shots while reflex attributes determine reaction times, so a keeper like Petr Cech of Chelsea FC will show be able to showcase world-class skills.
A new engine delivers an authentic experience that mimics the real-world game. Begin as a real player, created player or Virtual Pro and evolve into a player-manager and manager--or just begin at the top--and enjoy a 15-year career. Players now receive instant feedback and enjoy a vastly improved status system. Plus, authentic tournament structures, results and new calendar system, featuring simultaneous simulations, improve the speed and flow of games. Featuring new Team Management for simpler player comparison and Friends Leaderboard to compare stats and earnings.
Pro Passing and Customization
Building on the FIFA 10 gameplay that won 50 sports game of the year awards, FIFA 11 introduces new Pro Passing where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch, yielding a deeply rewarding passing system. Plus, a series of new customization tools will enable fans to transform FIFA 11 in new and personally meaningful ways. Assign customized chants for every team and league and play music tracks from your existing library from within the game.
Key Game Features
- Personality+ - Personality + sees a footballer's performance on the pitch mirrored authentically in game, creating clearly differentiated players with individual personalities. Personality+ at every position and for every player on the pitch reinvents how players perform – on and off the ball.
- Personality+ Goalkeepers - The real-life personality of the Keeper, whether acrobatic or traditional, will dictate his style in the game. Dive attributes will determine the keepers with the ability to reach for further shots while Reflex attribute determine reaction times.
- Personality+ CPU AI - CPU controlled football stars have a suite of skill moves to exploit, with star player attributes and specific behaviors attributed to particular players.
- Personality+ Celebrations - User Controlled Celebrations 2.0 enhances the emotion of scoring by allowing you to perform your players trademark celebration and interact with your teammates in real-time.
- Personality+ Player Models - Greater variety of bodies and models further distinguishes each player on the pitch. Plus, new dribble run styles perfectly match players' real-world abilities and style.
- Personality+ Animations - More varied and realistic animations will bring an added level of authenticity. New heading animations differentiate downward strikes from deflections. Featuring dozens of new tackling, slide tackle and jostling animations with a multitude of new responses.
- Pro Passing System - A new passing system where pass accuracy is determined by a gamer's ability on the control pad, and player skill, situation and urgency on the pitch. Poor decisions or over/under striking the ball will mean error-prone outcomes. New types of passes such as swerve passes will enable players to make a safer and more effective play.
- Customized Crowd Chants - Assign customized chants for every team and league. Set your home club's anthems and chants to play during player introductions, half-time, and after goals. Even hear your name echo in the stands of Old Trafford or San Siro with customized chants for your Virtual Pro. Plus, play music from your hard drive in game.
- Advanced Goalkeeper Awareness - Goalkeepers are now more aware of their surroundings and react more intelligently to each threat. Improvements include sprinting to cut off a loose ball, demonstrating urgency when scrambling back to the net, and the aptitude to skillfully identify and react to lob shots.
- FIFA Theatre - Save highlights from any match – including online – right to your hard drive to view, replay or upload to Footballworld.com at any time.
- Complete Authenticity - 28 officially licensed leagues, over 500 licensed teams and more than 15,000 players.
- Virtual Pro - Live out the fantasy of being a real life footballer by creating yourself in game with a 3D head using Photo Game Face. Play as yourself across any mode. Grow your player attributes through 200 accomplishments and take your Virtual Pro online to become a global superstar.
- 360° Dribbling - The market-leading 360° dribbling system that provides finer dribbling control, enabling players to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.
Top Customer Reviews
- Manager Mode and Be A Pro Seasons Mode from FIFA 10 have been combined into a new mode called Career Mode. Now you can choose to be the manager, to be a player, or to be a player/manager. This mode is simpler than last year's Manager Mode. Some of the features such as players scouting and stadium upgrades have been removed. In my opinion this takes away from the game's depth. I used to enjoy just playing as the manager and simming matches, but I don't think it will be as satisfying in FIFA 10.
- Be a goalkeeper. Goalkeepers are now playable characters both offline and online. This adds a little more variety to the game, although playing against the computer can be fairly dull because the AI rarely threatens your net. In offline games, FIFA 11's solution to the boredom problem is to give you a little bit of control over the computer players on your team. You can follow them with an overhead ball camera and tell them where and when to pass. As for the online play, goalkeepers are both a blessing and a curse. A good goalie can help your team win, but a bad one can easily ruin your game by intentionally allowing the other team to score.
- Personality +. Players now look and move more realistically, although this only really applies to big stars on major teams. All of the players on a team like Chelsea or Real Madrid look pretty authentic, but if you drop down to a lower league like MLS, you will find that there isn't nearly as much attention to detail.Read more ›
- Can play Manager mode as a Manager and player, as a player only or as a Manager only. You will need to play on Professional or higher, if you want to make it to the Leaderboards.
- Manager mode is simplified quite a bit, but menus are much more cumbersome. Instead of simply playing the games, you now have a calendar mode, similar to the one in Forza 3. To get to the game, you have to let each day pass (smart way to hide the longer loading times). Maybe I'll get used to these menus, but for now, they seem too complicated.
- Transfers: You have now a menu to sort by any criteria you want. You can find many top players from Day 1 (unlike Fifa 10), but you will no longer afford them easily. In Fifa 10, you would make an offer slightly higher and the deal would almost always get through. In Fifa 11, if the player plays in the main 11 team, many times you would need to make his club a top offer (up to twice the asking transfer price). Once the club agrees, the negotiation with the player is a separate step. Fabregas would have to wait - I don't have enough money yet.
- Some things seem to be out (or buried in some obscure menus???)- no Scouting, Stadium Improvements, etc. Lots of options are in though - how to set up the team, what strategies to use, etc. Some were already available in Fifa 10, but Fifa 11 gives us even more.
- Gameplay: AI plays slightly better defense, long passes work better, dribbling is better. Shooting is not as spectacular as it was in Fifa 10, but maybe closer to reality. For a pure fun game, you may want to keep Fifa 10 around, because Fifa 11 is more tactical and scoring is not as easy as before.Read more ›
The first thing I noticed was how good the graphics are -- it's really an incredible game to look at. Player faces are great, the stadiums which are included are great-looking, it really looks very, very good. Now the bad.
I spent most of my time playing this on career mode at the professional difficulty level. Here are some of the interesting things you'll notice (suffer through?) during game play:
- Somehow defenders can come from behind a player sprinting with the ball in the other direction and steal the ball without any kind of slide and calmly head the other direction. As soon as they make contact, they have the ball. This makes break-away goals next to impossible, even with the fastest players in possession.
- It's nearly impossible to score from the middle of the field due to the defenses habit of gang defending. As soon as I have the ball anywhere near the front of goal, at least two defenders will converge and steal the ball. Meanwhile, I can be practically attached to players all over the field without stealing it from them. I have given up a ton of goals where my defender was in the perfect position but it didn't matter. Extremely frustrating.
- Heading the ball is a mystery to me. Because I can't score from the middle of the field, I decided to focus on crosses. Thing is, it seems to be random whether my player wins the cross and even more random whether the ball is on target.Read more ›