FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Tactical Defending - Fundamental changes to the approach of defending places.
- Precision Dribbling - Enjoy new ways to take on opponents and control of the pace of the game.
- Online Friendlies - Play your friends in 10 game seasons and prove who is the best.
- FIFA Ultimate Team - Now available for the first time at launch and on disc!
- Complete Authenticity - Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
- All-New Career Mode - Now driven by the same drama, storylines and emotion as the real world game.
- EA SPORTS Football Club - For the first time ever, everything within FIFA 12, is measured in a meaningful way.
- Player Impact Engine - The new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
FIFA Soccer 12 brings to the pitch the game-changing new Player Impact Engine, a physics engine built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. All-new Precision Dribbling delivers a higher fidelity of touch on the ball for attacking players, while Tactical Defending fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling. Plus, CPU players have been infused with Pro Player Intelligence, the next generation of player intelligence and performance. Finally, introducing EA SPORTS Football Club - the heartbeat of FIFA Soccer 12—a live service connecting players to the real-world game with fresh, new content all the time, enabling them to support their favourite club and connect and compete with their friends, rivals and millions of other players around the world.
FIFA Soccer 12 is the 19th game in Electronic Arts' popular video game soccer series. Continuing with the franchise's unique blend of realism and innovative features that bring the authenticity to the video game pitch that fans crave, FIFA Soccer 12 is an exciting title for longtime and existing fans of console sports gaming. Game features include: 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players, improved self-awareness and aptitude of AI players, a redefined defending mechanism, more true-to-life injuries, precision dribbling and new commentary teams.
Love Soccer - Play Soccer
FIFA Soccer 12 brings to the pitch the game-changing new Player Impact Engine, a physics engine built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Revolutionary gameplay innovations inspired by the real-world game make FIFA Soccer 12 deeper and more engaging. All-new Precision Dribbling delivers a higher fidelity of touch on the ball for attacking players, while Tactical Defending fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling. Plus, AI players have been infused with Pro Player Intelligence, the next generation of player intelligence and performance.
Key Game Features
- Pro Player Intelligence - AI players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates. Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won't. Real Madrid's Kaká will be more likely to pick out a run from a teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
- Tactical Defending - Redesigned defending mechanism fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
- True Injuries - The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn't fully healed.
- Player Impact Engine - Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
- Precision Dribbling - Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
- Complete Authenticity - Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
- New Commentary Teams - For the first time ever, two broadcast teams will be featured - Martin Tyler and Alan Smith and Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. Fans can customize audio to their preferred commentators for any matches.
Battle improved AI Intelligence.
500+ clubs and 1,500 players.
Redefined defense mechanism.
System recognized true injuries.
Top customer reviews
You can play on the same team or against each other. Be warned, though. We often end up playing 2 vs. 1, and the solo player has a distinct advantage over the team of 2 since the solo player ends up controlling the player with the ball every time. But there's something very sweet about hooking up for a nicely played through ball for a goal with a partner.
Should you get FIFA 13 over 12? I don't play online at all, and I hear the main improvements in 13 lies in the online aspects of the game. 12 suits my needs.
One more thing - you can play up to 14 people in local coop - !!!! I keep hoping to get a solid four versus four - I wouldn't have enough chairs for everybody otherwise.
FIFA 2012 has introduced Tactical Defending, a controller setup that allows the player to play like a true defender and defensive unit as a whole. Granted, this means a much more challenging experience; gone are the days of simply holding down a button to lead your defender to the attacker to simply steal or slide tackle the ball easily away. As well, EA has refined the fine touch of the attacking players to allow deft control of the ball for Star players such a Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, and company. Not every player can pull off skill moves to out-dribble the opponent. This means that playing team football is critical in being successful. With that said, the in-system team manager allows you to manage every position, make edits to mentality, even refine how your team makes runs, take passes, how defensively deep to play, how aggressive on defensive to be; as well, change in-game strategies on the fly depending on the situation in the game.
Needless to say, I have only touched the tip of the iceberg with how deep this game now is compared to the days of judging EA on being a large corporation only focused on money instead of being a company that wants to create a class football experience. With the great strides forward in regards to the simulation experience, EA buying the rights to all the leagues and teams truly brings the authenticity of the game full circle, finally! This has always been known about EA, spending big bucks to have these clubs in the game, but now with a true simulation to back it up, every team will play differently, something that is a dream to experience.
A personal, but appreciated concept EA has introduced to this installment are game sliders, similar to the likes of the NBA 2K series. This allows the user to make adjustments to the general feel of the game. Granted, I have edited minor aspects of the game, personal preferences to how real football should be played can now be catered to. Otherwise, the default settings do just fine by themselves.
If you are someone on the fence about whether to go with FIFA or PES this year, or even an avid PES fan that is beginning to feel like Konami has stalled out over the past couple years, I highly recommend giving FIFA 2012 a shot this season! Sure, like I said, it's not perfect, but compared to the competition, this has been the best football gaming and closest simulation I have ever experienced.
The new defense system is fantastic however. It's difficult to get used to, but I can't imagine the game without it now. Gone are the days of cheaply mashing a button to effortlessly steal the ball.
It's too bad I can't get enough FIFA, and I play it with most of my online friends on a regular basis. But every year we plead for something to be corrected, it gets corrected eventually but something else goes wrong, so this is in my belief the best football/soccer game available, but I don't think it will ever be 'perfected'.
PES it's not what I want for a couple of editions, what I like is the game flowing, which I just have in Fifa, so if u'r looking for a fast game, where u can run and make fast counter attacks through the sides, the answer is FIFA, I didn't try all the fancy first touch control on PES, but the first touch in FIFA fells good and really easy once u do a few times, it's an intelligent game, and once u r used to play with a team it's easy to don't have a lot of off sides(like in the version 2009 and 2010 PES). FIFA 12 is better than PES 12, let's see which one will be better in 2013 version!