About the Product
- Player Impact Engine - The new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, preserving their natural momentum.
- Tactical Defending - Fundamental changes to the approach of defending places equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
- Precision Dribbling - Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and to fend off opponents.
- All-New Career Mode - Now driven by the same drama, storylines and emotion as the real world game, users will face more decisions and factors than ever before. Evaluation logic has been improved to reflect a player's true value, and the excitement of Transfer Deadline day has been expanded.
- EA SPORTS Football Club - For the first time ever, everything within FIFA 12, is measured in a meaningful way. Earn experience points and level up to build your status. Gamers will relive crucial real-world football events through regular challenges so that FIFA 12 will look, feel and play like the real-world season.
- Online Friendlies - Play your friends in 10 game seasons and prove who is the best. Earn the most points each season to hoist the trophy, and then start all over again the next season to try to defend your title.
- FIFA Ultimate Team - Now available for the first time at launch and on disc! Build your Ultimate Team from the best football stars in the massive FIFA Ultimate Team online community.
- Complete Authenticity - Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
FIFA Soccer 12 is the 19th game in Electronic Arts' popular video game soccer series. Continuing with the franchise's unique blend of realism and innovative features that bring the authenticity to the video game pitch that fans crave, FIFA Soccer 12 is an exciting title for longtime and existing fans of console sports gaming. Game features include: 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players, improved self-awareness and aptitude of AI players, a redefined defending mechanism, more true-to-life injuries, precision dribbling and new commentary teams.
Love Soccer - Play Soccer
FIFA Soccer 12 brings to the pitch the game-changing new Player Impact Engine, a physics engine built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Revolutionary gameplay innovations inspired by the real-world game make FIFA Soccer 12 deeper and more engaging. All-new Precision Dribbling delivers a higher fidelity of touch on the ball for attacking players, while Tactical Defending fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling. Plus, AI players have been infused with Pro Player Intelligence, the next generation of player intelligence and performance.
Key Game Features
- Pro Player Intelligence - AI players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates. Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won't. Real Madrid's Kaká will be more likely to pick out a run from a teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
- Tactical Defending - Redesigned defending mechanism fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
- True Injuries - The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn't fully healed.
- Player Impact Engine - Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
- Precision Dribbling - Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
- Complete Authenticity - Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
- New Commentary Teams - For the first time ever, two broadcast teams will be featured - Martin Tyler and Alan Smith and Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend. Fans can customize audio to their preferred commentators for any matches.
Battle improved AI Intelligence.
500+ clubs and 1,500 players.
Redefined defense mechanism.
System recognized true injuries.
Top Customer Reviews
The graphics, sound effects, and control are all top notch and are an improvement over FIFA 11 overall, so there is no reason to spend much time talking about them.
What is significant are the new changes to FIFA 12, and how they have affected the gameplay. The most noticeable two are the 1) Tactical defending and 2) Player impact engine.
I will explain both briefly to give newcomers an idea of what to expect.
1) Tactical Defending: Arguably the biggest and most significant change is the new defending system. No longer can you hold down A and B and watch as your defense swarms the hapless attacker automatically
In FIFA 12, you have to position properly and time your tackles well (as in reality) in order to gain possession of the ball. Mis-timed or poor tackles will often result in the attacker blowing past you or a foul and/or booking.
I MUST WARN YOU, that this can be VERY FRUSTRATING at times when you are learning the new system as it is not very forgiving. For those of you intimidated by this there is an option to revert to the old system called "Legacy" (Identical to FIFA 11's system). But I HIGHLY recommend you take the time and effort to master the new defensive system, because it is highly realistic, extremely rewarding when you do that perfect tackle, and required if you want to master online play.
2) Player impact engine: No more ghost players going through each other, players collide with each other when in the same physical space (shocking I know!).Read more ›
- Precision Dribbling - EA touts this as some sort of significant advancement in the series, but from what I can tell so far it is nothing but a useless control feature that allows you to (very slowly) dribble in tight increments. Basically, it gives your players great close control, but it's so slow that it's useless. Anyone can steal the ball from your player as soon as you activate the precision dribbling controls.
- Tactical Defending - EA has revamped the defending system by removing the pressure buttons and forcing you to do more of the defending work on your own rather than relying on your CPU defenders to come in and make tackles for you. This has been a pretty controversial feature. Some love it. Some hate it. If you relied on automatic pressure buttons in previous FIFA games then you probably won't like tactical defending at first. Personally, I never used pressure buttons in the first place, so this change suits my style. Having said that, defending against the CPU can be very frustrating, but I blame this more on unrealistic AI than on the defending system itself (more on that later).
- Player Impact Engine - This is a new feature intended to improve the game physics so that player collisions are more realistic. I can safely say that it is still very much a work in progress. At its best, it does exactly what it's meant to do.Read more ›
FIFA 12, like Madden 12, represents all of the love/hate that fans have had for the franchise over the years. Because truthfully, most of the changes in this year's FIFA iteration are small tweaks.
Let's start off with the fact that if you bought EA's Season pass (20 bucks) you get the entire game downloaded to your PS 3 or 360 for nothing extra. The entire game, not a demo. You are then free to go in and start your career mode, download your game face etc. It lasts right up to the point of the actual day of release. If you are a hardcore EA Sports gamer, this will be up your alley because for 1 year you can get any EA Sports title and if you feel like it sucks, you lost nothing except money for the access and a few hours. Your miles may vary.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's alright, but pretty difficult for non-fans of the sport to really get into it.Published 24 days ago by Nick W.
Excelente producto, lo recomiendo 100%. / Excellent product, I recommend it 100%.Published 7 months ago by Jose A. Marzan Sanchez