Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 173 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on January 4, 2014
Got this for my six year old daughter for Christmas. It is a pretty fun and interactive toy. She does have quite a few phrases that she says, and we thought it was pretty funny when she yells "Somebody talk to me" if you aren't interacting with her for a while. What my daughter liked the most was having her dance to her music, which was also fun for me to watch. She does dance along with the beat to the music. My daughter found it frustrating that she didn't always recognize what she was saying. She would say "dance with me" over and over without her recognizing it - I usually had to say it for her and that worked out better for some reason. It was even more frustrating when the toy would then ask, "your music or mine," and wouldn't recognize my daughters answer. I even had slight issues with that. Overall, it's not really that big of a deal. I liked how you could tell her to go to sleep and she would yawn, her head would go forward, I think she snored for a bit, and her belly light lit up for a night light. We even got one of the figit friends. They do interact with each other, but only as far as the little on singing and the big on dancing, it would be nice if they talked to each other or something like that.

It encourages active play, interraction, and is also a sensory toy because it is squishy. My daughter loved squishing it. Unfortunately, the outside, squishy part of this got a cut in it from being poked slightly with the end of a scissor by my younger son. I thought it would have been thick enough to not be damaged from such a slight poke, but it ended up with a hole in it.
on January 1, 2013
I purchased this for my 7 year old daughter. It was all she wanted and all she could talk about going up to Christmas. She was very excited to find it under the tree. Fijit can be a lot of fun. She plays with it all the time and seems to enjoy "talking" with it. Once we discovered the sonic codes on the Fijit website more fun opened up. Bottom line she loves it !!! A couple of things.
1. There are only 4 general modes of operation and the conversations are scripted so after a while I was getting kind of bored with it. She still loved it.
2. It eats batteries. First it takes 5 AA batteries. And under constant christmas day play they only lasted well christmas day.
3. There is no USB port or way to do online updates !! What was Matel thinking. With the sonic code feature on their website they could have done so many creative things with the ability to actually update the toy. But no, the scripted conversations is all you get.
4. The ears will break off. We lost one and then a day later the other. She is over it now, but at first it was upsetting to her. They do sell ear packs so guess what we are purchasing shortly. The rest of the toy seems to be well built. Serafina has fallen and been dropped at least a dozen times in the last week and so far she keeps on working.
5. THe movement is very smooth and the lights and motions seem well timed. She does need to be sitting on a level surface with a little room to move as during dancing she can actually flip herself over.

Overall a great concept with a lot of potential. Should have had a way to do online updates to expand the conversations and it would have been a great toy that could grow with the child. I suspect that after 6 months Fijit will unfortunatley be on the shelf and forgotten about. She loves it now though and at the price point it is not too bad.
on June 5, 2013
My seven-year-old was so excited to buy this with her Christmas money. Her whole day was made when it came in the mail. After three hours of play, it started to turn off on it's own, so there were certain things she could no longer do with it.

The box claims this toy says a lot of things, but it really does not. It's the same questions, responses over and over. I would think that a toy that costs as much as $50 in some stores would do more than this! It's just one step up from the pull string, if you ask me. Yes, it responds to some things the child says, but some things it never could understand my child say, the knock knock jokes in particular. My husband tried it out and spoke loudly and clearly and it still didn't hear him. The most annoying aspect was the attitude that the toy gave you when you didn't respond as you were supposed to with the knock knock jokes.

She was so disappointed and so was I. This toy is not worth the money. Thankfully, we were able to get a full refund from amazon. If you do decide to purchase it, save yourself some stress and order from an amazon approved company.
on December 28, 2011
I "lucked" out and found this on Amazon for $50 with free shipping. I was never able to find another pink one anywhere else, so I consider myself lucky to have got the one I did. My 6 year old daughter wanted this for Christmas in the worst way. It works fine and does what it's supposed to do but I am not impressed with it. The voice reminds me of Roger Troutman from the 80's band Zapp. My kid is happy, so I guess that's all that matters, right?
on February 19, 2012
Let me start by saying that this toy is very cute and my daughter does love it.
She is only 2 (almost three), and the Fijit understands most of her commands. My boys, ages 6 and 7, are able to play with it with no problems at all. Very rarely does it not recognize a command. I know I;ve read quite a few reviews where people have troube with that, but we have not had any issues.
When the battery starts to go, Fijit starts repeating herself, and starting over. The batteries don't last very long either, which is kind of crappy. This could actually be why people mistake her for not understanding a command, it could just mean she needs fresh batteries.
All that said, it is very overpriced for what it is. I don't think it is worth more than thirty five, fourty dollars at most. I see it priced all over the place!
The cheapest I have seen it was before Christmas at our Target, for thirty five. Our Meijer now has them in stock in every color for fourty. On Amazon, I've seen them over eighty! That's crazy, and they are not worth that price!
As fun as it is to my almost 3 year old, I think it would get old quickly to a child over 4.
on January 4, 2013
wish I had taken time to read some of the reviews before I bought this fo my daughter. Matel really over state what these toys are able to do. My 7 year old became irritated and frustrated with this toy very quickly. How it won toy of the year I will never know. Mind you didnt Zhu Zhu pets also win toy of the year back in the day. Where are they now? Who ever judges what is to be the toy of the year must not consider longevity in the market as, with all the bad reviews, I predict this time next year fijits will be the least asked for toy by children. Its a good idea, but my daughters fijit tells the same 3 jokes, and being asked about the weather for the umpteenth time it gets old . Most of the time it responds incorrectly and is always going to sleep mode, it could also do with volume control. We picked this up for $30 at amazon but in Australia they retail for around $90. Very expensive for what they do.
on April 13, 2012
If you are thinking of purchasing this toy, read the reviews. They are mixed with some folks liking the toy and others disappointed that it does not work properly. We have been playing with it for the last hour and it is a frustrating toy. The toy does not respond to the funniest command to dance but will either sleep or not respond. I really did not want to purchase this toy since it is expensive for what it is and there was such mixed reviews. However, I was lobbied hard by my daughter who walked our dog 20 times in order to earn this toy. If you have $50 that you do not mind spending and your child really really wants it, then go ahead. But be prepared to be disappointed and frustrated. Obviously Mattel cannot fix the problems so you can't even get it to work better. I found myself between a rock and a hard place. We have said "want to dance" over and over again. It works about 1 in 20 times.
on November 6, 2012
Figit Friends seem to be all the rage for the 9-10 age group, but its not worth the money at all. It has an extrememly limited vocabulary, so it becomes annoying easily. My daughters interest lasted for about 2-3 days (and she doesn't have a ton of toys!), it feels good to touch, but gets dirty very easily and is hard if not impossible to clean. Comprehension of spoken words is difficult for the Figit to understand, so you give up on certain commands and stick with dancing with it---the music gets annoying, too--only one song. Basically, not an investment I would make and would return it sans the fact that my daughter liked it for the 2-3 days--so its already used!
on December 25, 2012
This is cute for girls in that 7-12 age range. It is something different for girls who always get dolls and barbies.
Ok first of all you have to respond with certain phrases, for the Fijit to answer or respond. If the words aren't clear it will not respond properly which can get frustrating after a while. The music it dances to is very cute! The way Fijit dances is so adorable too.
My 8 year old loved it, for about an hour. I think she will still play with it but I think some of the jokes and saying will get old fast. It would be nice if it could be updated or more music or questions added.
Overall not a bad purchase.
review image
on October 26, 2013
I bought this for my daughter because I refused to get her a dog and this was probably the next best thing. The material is highly questionable since it likes to attract dirt and dust, which is impossible to wipe due to it's soft rubbery finish. After a month, her new friend/ pet has failed to recognize certain commands and refuses to dance or tell her a joke. It is now a dust collector sitting on her shelf and I find myself walking her dog every morning, evening and before bedtime.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.