Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
FINIS Original Swimmer's Snorkel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Relax in the water in order to focus on stroke and improve technique
- Allows for clear and easy breathing
- Worn with swim goggles promotes proper head and body position
- Can be worn in conjunction with swim cap or goggles
- Stays in place for all competitive strokes, including flip turns
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
FINIS Swimmer's Snorkel
The Swimmer’s Snorkel allows swimmers the ability to focus on stroke technique without the interruption of turning the head to breathe. Allowing for a full range of motion this tool can be used for all four swim strokes. Relax in the water and maintain body alignment to improve stroke efficiency
Features and Benefits
Allows for relaxation in the water in order to focus on stroke and improve technique.
One-Way Purge Valve
Allows for clear and easy breathing.
Worn with swim goggles, promotes proper head and body position.
Perfect stability at any speed.
Adjustable Head Bracket
Accommodates swim cap and goggles.
All Four Swim Strokes
Stays in place for butterfly, breaststroke and freestyle, including flip turns.
Silicone Mouth Piece
Soft, comfortable and flexible medical-grade silicone.
Increases aerobic capacity.
HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR SNORKEL?
TIPS ON USAGE AND PURGING The Swimmer’s Snorkel is great technique tool and allows swimmers the ability to focus on stroke technique without the interruption of turning your head to breath. The purge valve in the Swimmer’s Snorkel is designed for clear and easy breathing.
If you are new to the Snorkel here are a couple of tips to get you started and to ensure that you are using the snorkel correctly:
• Before you even begin swimming with the snorkel, just place your face in the water and breathe through the snorkel to get comfortable. Ensure that you have a good seal around the mouthpiece. You do not want your mouth to be too relaxed as it may let water in the tube however you do not want to bite down too hard on the mouthpiece as this will wear the mouthpiece faster than normal
• Beginners to the snorkel may initially find it difficult to breath only through their mouth. Water may get inhaled through the nose, so we recommend wearing a nose clip to help you practice only inhaling through your mouth
• The next step is learning to purge the snorkel. Inhale and then go under water to allow water to flow into the snorkel tube. Once you resurface exhale quickly to purge the water from the snorkel. It will expel water out the top of the tube and through the purge valve at the same time. Purge Valve Care Below are some tips to keep your purge valve working efficiently
• If you are an avid user of the snorkel and use it every practice make sure you regularly clean your purge valve (see video below). You want to ensure that the purge valve is free from any debris to guarantee that it is doing its job efficiently
• Make sure the silicone neck that the purge valve is housed in has the silicone lip all the way around the outside of the purge valve to seal it. Always check that this silicone lip is sealing the purge valve before using as the snorkel as it may have been knocked around in your equipment bag and moved position
• After cleaning the purge valve make sure the rubber purge valve is pulled all the way through the plastic ring so that the purge valve is flush with the housing. If it is not flush the purge valve has the potential to leak once it is placed back into the snorkel
The Swimmer's Snorkel allows swimmers to focus on stroke technique without needing to turn the head to breath. Enabling a full range of motion, this training tool can be used comfortably for all strokes, letting you relax in the water and maintain proper body alignment to improve stroke efficiency.
- Center-mount Design: Relax in the water in order to focus on stroke and improve technique
- One-way Purge Valve: Allows for clear and easy breathing
- Adjustable Head Bracket: Can be worn in conjunction with swim cap or goggles
- Hydrodynamic Design: Worn with swim goggles, promotes proper head and body position
- Front Positioning: Swim at slower speeds with perfect stability
- All Four Swim Strokes: Stays in place for all competitive strokes, including flip turns
- Silicone Mouth Piece: Soft, comfortable, flexible medical grade silicone
- V02 Max: Increases aerobic capacity
FINIS was founded by Olympic gold medalist Pablo Morales in 1993. His influence as one of the world's greatest butterfly swimmers led to the development of the renowned Monofin, and -- in the years since -- FINIS has worked with an extensive list of coaches and swimmers to create products that optimize training and competitive performance. Today, FINIS is widely regarded as an innovator in technical swimming development, and the company's products are designed to improve efficiency, enjoyment, and comfort in the water.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Today I went to the pool for the first try. I did around 10 whole laps and was able to hit my muscle limitations instead of my breathing. Here I am struggling to keep my arms in level with the keyboard as I type. At last sore muscles because of lots of swimming. This is huge progress.
Let's talk the good things:
A) Non-stop breathing while swimming for out of shape newbies.
B) The pipe somehow stays out of the water. Despite not looking long enough (see attached image). I guess I'm not placing my face down enough to get the pipe in the water like other reviews described.
C) The head band is adjustable both in diameter and highness. Large enough for my big head. I'm that kind of person that can't find caps/hats in stores that fits.
D) The mouthpiece have a couple of pieces to bite so the snorkel stays firm in the mouth (see attached picture).
Now, the less pleasing part:
A) The front part of the headband that touches the forehead could use softer materials. Its all hard plastic (see attached image).
B) This is not specific for this product but it is something to consider for first time snorkel users: you're sucking air from inside the water that is under higher pressure than the outside. So, the air naturally is forced out of the higher pressure zone (your lungs) to the exterior. You will be fighting that force that initially wouldn't be a problem but after 5-10 minutes you might start feeling it. Again, if you're in bad shape like me. People with stronger lungs that exercise often might not even notice it.
C) Another thing not specific to this product: it is common that you will need a nose guard. I was struggling with it. It is clearly stated in the product packaging that "some swimmers might need a nose guard".
I first bought the FINIS Swimmer Snorkel (I will now refer to this as the Center Mount)from Amazon. I left it at the YMCA on accident and it disappeared. I accidently bought the FREESTYLE version as a replacement. Here is what I learned...
1. You DO NOT Need a nose plug with either style, contrary to other reviews.
2. The Center Mount has a purge valve in which any excess water falls below the breathing apparatus and is pushed out on the exhale. The Freestyle DOES NOT have a purge valve.
3. Both snorkels work best with your head straight down. You shouldn't be turning your head with your body when you swim anyways, so this is nothing new.
4. NEITHER worked well with flips or diving under water. Clearing these snorkels with a strong exhale didn't seem to work comfortably or
5. BEGINNER swimmer...you can focus on technique without having to worry about self-preservation. Once you have a good balance/body roll, catch & release, and comfort level. You can slowly focus on swimming without the snorkel and maintaining a steady breathing pattern.
6. Great tool for kicking. You can kick while face down and arms to your side, reducing back injury from overextending on a kick board. This alone sold me.
CONS: The FREESTYLE swimmer continuously flooded with water and was very unpleasant. I believe it will work with A LOT of effort such as Holding your breathe to increase buoyancy instead of exhaling at will. You will have to try a head straight down or slightly forward approach to find the right head placement. It is my opinion that this snorkel is way too tough to work with and should consider utilizing a purge valve and increased length. It may work well for a professional accustomed to this snorkel at fast speeds, but for 95% of people you will not like the FREESTYLE product.