Agility Hand Paddles
|Price:||$19.07 - $85.52|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Paddle will remain in place if swimmer maintains early vertical forearm position. Creates proper hand placement with thumb and fingers in ideal position
- Ergonomic shape is designed to fit the natural contour of the hand. No more broken straps or looking for replacements during practice
- Convex design provides increased traction with the water. No pieces to loose or break
- Versatile paddle works for freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly. No straps to cut off circulation of hands and wrists
- Accommodates most hand sizes, including narrow hands
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Improving technique is the secret to a better swim.
Strapless Strength Paddles
Ergonomically-advanced design teaches an early vertical forearm position to increase stroke efficiency. The convex shape requires a proper palm positive hand position. Due to the paddles’ strapless design, incorrect technique will cause the paddles to fall off.
- Paddles will fall off if swimmers does improper technique
- Designed to provide instant stroke feedback for technique imperfections
- Builds upper body strength
- Promotes a proper catch position and muscle memory
- Can be worn during all four swim strokes
Ergonomic shape designed to fit the natural contour of the hand
Promotes early catch
Convex design provides increased traction with the water
Comfortable thumb hole
Creates proper hand placement with thumb and fingers in ideal position
|Iso Paddles||Agility Paddles||Freestyler Paddles||Forearm Fulcrums||Instinct Sculling Paddles||Bolster Paddles|
|Paddle Type||Strapless, dual-function design||Strapless, convex design||Single strap, skeg-shaped design||Infinity-shaped design||Strapless, convex design||Dual-strap, wide design|
|Swimmer Ability||INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED||BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED||BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE||BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED||BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE||BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE|
|Compatible with all 4 swim strokes||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
The ergonomically advanced design of the Agility Paddles helps teach swimmers the correct palm positive hand position. Due to the paddles' strapless design, incorrect technique will cause the paddle to fall off the swimmer’s hand. Additionally, the absence of straps also makes them more comfortable for swimmers and easier for coaches, who no longer have to hassle with broken straps during practice. The Agility Paddles’ convex design also promotes an early catch and reminds swimmers to maintain an early vertical forearm position. The Agility Paddles are versatile, they work for all four strokes and accommodate most hand sizes.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The attached pictures show my hand measured and how it looks in each of the paddles. The paddle "trays" are wider at the top than the bottom, i.e. they taper. So unless you want something bigger, I think a person with a 4" palm can use the medium paddles without their hand feeling squeezed. The large should easily accommodate someone with a 5" palm.
These Finis paddles are much closer to the size of my hand and provide just enough additional resistance that I can feel the difference in a pull set, but don't add too much resistance. Compared to my yellow-size strokemaster paddles, the small size in the Finis Agility paddle is only about 1/3 to 1/2 of the resistance. I also like that these are only held on at the thumb. I find them much more comfortable for my hand position over the rubber tubing loop style paddles.
I have found one of the main selling points, that the thumb-only attachment requires you to put continuous positive pressure on the paddle throughout your stroke to prevent it from falling off (thereby encouraging proper stroke technique), to be a bit oversold. Most swimmers who are competent enough to incorporate paddles into their workout already have a pretty good continuous pull. Even if you still have a bit of planar break/S style pull through, I don't think you're going to get any special feedback from this paddle. You'd have to have a pretty wobbly pull to actually lose this paddle mid-stroke.
Keep your strokemaster paddles for drill sets and use this paddle for lower resistance, improved catch feedback pull sets, especially if you're in an upswing in your training regime....just don't expect it to give you any magical technique feedback if you've already got a reasonably good stroke.
- nice contour, comfortable thumb opening
- demands good stroke technique
- can be used for all four strokes
- easy to take on/off during interval workouts
- grip encourages odd thumb placement, contributes to cramps (this might get better as I get more used to them - only used three times so far)
- they sink, so if you lose them you'll be diving to the bottom of the pool
- they don't stack, so they take up quite a bit of room in your bag and can be awkward to carry (this seems like a small thing, but when I'm gathering cap, goggles, board, paddles, and fins, I'd prefer something that was a little more easy to manage)
My advice is to make sure you don't get them too large. I first tried the mediums and they were too big for my hands and were difficult to use effectively. I am a female with small / medium hands and the small paddles fit perfectly.
Do not be put off by the thumb hole and nothing else to hold them on. I hold my thumb into my hand and the paddle stays right where it is supposed to be. On the rare occasion I catch unintended water they pop right back into place easily and without stopping. I have not ever dropped or lost one during a set.
Most recent customer reviews
Of course they provide resistance, as would any solid material attached to your hands.Read more
For years, I used the other kind with the rubber tubing. No more. These fit great, are incredibly comfortable, and give me more pulling power- which strengthens...Read more