Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on November 7, 2017
I bought it to use during my morning swims indoors at the YMCA. You can get some reception with your head above water, the moment it goes under it goes to static. I'm sure it's good for other water sports but it's just not good for working out swimming. Perhaps it would work if the station's tower you listen to is located on the roof of the building you're swimming in... You can try it, but I doubt it will work better for you.
on May 12, 2017
I haven't had a chance to try these out until I went past the return window. The volume goes from no sound to very loud in one click with no in between. Hence, the only way to listen to this radio at the very lowest setting is to blast your delicate eardrums. I wish I'd tried these out as soon as I received them so I'd be able to return them and get a refund. :(
on February 27, 2014
The radio is well designed and solidly built.The sound is good and the reception reasonable on most stations but after one hour in the sun the display starts to fade and the digits become scrambled. When the unit cools down the digits reappear. The earphone wire extension listed in the contents was not inside the box.
on February 22, 2015
I have purchased 4 of these. I had the naive assumption that each one I got was just bad luck. It's not bad luck. It is a bad product. The ear buds are so poorly constructed that the wires fatigue when swimming laps. I fixed that by using hot melt glue at all the stress points before using them. That fixed the buds, but the radios started admitting moisture after 4 months of use and stopped entirely shortly after that. I still have one that is working, but I won't take it into the pool since the other 3 all leaked after 2-4 months of use. I've tried contacting the seller/manufacturer twice, and never got a reply.
on October 9, 2017
This ok at best. The belt clip broke right away, so that sucks. It gets om reception when outside, I doubt this thing would work under water. I think I will return it
on June 2, 2015
I find the volume a bit too loud even at the lowest setting. Reception is not stable but that's expected for a device that uses the earphone cord as antenna. Overall, it satisfies my need for a tiny water resistant FM radio.
on July 22, 2014
The radio works great and has great sound quality, however marketing it as something that can be used while swimming is disingenuous. I found that as soon as the earplugs hit the water the reception goes to static. The packaging indicates that the antenna is in the earphone wiring and that they therefore must not go underwater. I am not sure how most people swim but I found it pretty difficult to swim without getting any portion of the earphones or earphone wires under water.
on June 12, 2017
I returned it. No static out of water. Still worked when immersed. But as soon as I tried to swim a ton of static.. Tried multiple positons and even different headphones. Can't recommend.
on May 23, 2012
This is a great little gem of a radio ~ that's right. . . a radio: not a MP3 or an MP4 or a satellite radio. . . just a plain ol' regular, run-of-the-mill radio. It has plenty of presets and is a snap to work, straight outta the box. It works fantastic as long as you don't go a foot under the surface of the water. So, swimming laps seems like less of a grind and a lot more fun listening to your favorite radio stations. However, and I know that you have been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for this little nugget. . . BEWARE of the tips that are used on the ends of the earbuds because they can come unattached from the earbuds if placed too deeply into your ear canal, upon removal. I learned this the hard, or the scary, way; when I tried taking the earbuds out of my ears and the silicone tips remained inside of my ear canals. I tried not to freakout and kept my composure as I made my way from the pool to my condo to get my hands on a pair of tweezers. Luckily, I have steady hands and a fine-tipped tweezer that is used for arts and crafts, at hand, and I was able to pull the earbuds out of both of my ear canals, rather than pushing them further into my ears and causing a MUCH BIGGER problem. I now put the earbuds in as shallowly as needed to keep the water out and keep the sounds grooving. And I haven't had any more problems. This is not to say that the tips stay on the earbuds when I take them out of my ears, but when the silicone tips remain in my ears after I take the earbuds out I can simply pull the remaining pieces out from my ears with my fingers and don't need any implements or emergency room doctor or nurse to assist me.

Keep on swimming ~~~> and when in deeper water, always swim with a partner because one never knows when their last day on this earth begins OR ends!

CHEERS!
on December 29, 2017
FM quality wasn't the best indoors which is what I needed it for.