Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monit..." and save 55% off the $199.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Home Security Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monitoring Security Camera
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Rapid Recap compiles hours worth of activity into a short video summary. It connects you to all the day's events in a flash. See your kids coming home, your garbage being collected, your pets getting up to their usual mischief - all in an instant. Wi-Fi connectivity – as with any Wi-Fi product, Wi-Fi signal strength and reliability is very dependent on a number of factors. This includes the antenna design, product location, router location and competing Wi-Fi devices.
- View live video on your smartphone or tablet in High Definition. Capture an entire room or monitor multiple points of entry with wide angle viewing, up to 160 degrees, and powerful infrared illuminators for superior night vision
- Anywhere, any place: has a four-hour internal battery, and records 1080p to an included on-board micro SD card. Sports option provides waterproof, submersible housing and mounting accessories capture all the action in stunning HD
- FLIR FX captures the things you can and can’t see. Sensors for temperature, humidity, sound & motion keep you informed with smart alerts & notifications. Outdoor option includes commercial-grade infrared illumination to see up to 65' at night
- Easy to set up. Get direct live video streaming or FLIR Cloud connectivity on your iOS or Android devices in minutes. Integrated battery backup keeps your home or business secure even when the power goes out. Please refer the Quick Start Guide before use.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
FLIR FX Benefits:
- Weatherproof (IP66 rated) outdoor security housing.
- Recording to microSD Card (up to 64GB; 8GB included).
- RapidRecap cloud recording included.
- 2-way audio intercom
- Night vision up to 65ft (20m).
- SmartZone region of interest monitoring.
- Temperature sensor
- Vandal-resistant design with cable pass-through bracket.
- Versatile accessory mounts available.
The most versatile HD monitoring camera
FLIR FX is a versatile wireless HD camera that allows you to see the day in a minute and keep an eye on the things you care about – anytime, any place. This FX camera is packaged with the weatherproof (IP66 rated) security housing accessory, which locks around the camera and turns it into a premium outdoor security camera. Durability is the name of the game with this rugged outdoor housing that adds four high-powered infrared illuminators to the FX for clear, security-grade night vision.
In addition to 1080p HD video, onboard microSD recording and simple Wi-Fi connectivity, the free FLIR FX App gives you access to FLIR’s game-changing RapidRecap and SmartZone technologies. These and countless other exclusive features make the FLIR FX a smarter monitoring camera than any before it, allowing you to see more while watching less.
- See More. Watch Less – RapidRecap
- Keep an e ye on what matters most – SmartZone
- Anywhere, Anyplace – Cordless Wi-Fi Connectivity
RapidRecap – See More. Watch Less.
RapidRecap is an exclusive technology that compiles hours’ worth of activity into a short video summary. With RapidRecap, all the activity the camera captures is superimposed, each with an identifying time stamp. This powerful technology, once exclusive to elite law enforcement agencies, makes it easy to quickly see everything that happened over a period of time in a single condensed video.
- Choose a timeframe to review, and RapidRecap will compile all motion events into a condensed video clip.
- Spend less time sifting through footage and more time reviewing what matters.
- Easily share downloaded videos with friends and family.
Outdoor Security with Night Vision
Durability is the name of the game with the included outdoor security accessory. A tough weatherproof housing (IP66 rated) locks around the camera, protecting it from all types of inclement weather. The outdoor accessory housing also adds 4 high-powered IR LEDs for security-grade night vision up to 65 feet (20 meter) outdoors.
Stay connected and view what matters most with free apps for iOS and Android. With direct Wi-Fi access up to 500 feet (152 meter), you can stream live video, or view video recordings straight from the onboard microSD card and make edits using the app. FLIR Cloud connectivity provides true access anywhere, any place on your smartphone or tablet.
Powerful Viewing & Recording
Secure your home or business with FX’s wide 160 degree angle lens that captures more than any wireless monitoring camera on the market. Record important events in 1080p HD the camera’s included microSD card (8GB included, up to 64 GB supported) or to the FLIR Cloud for easy accessibility from anywhere. Motion events can be saved to our secure FLIR Cloud and easily viewed with RapidRecap.
SmartZone Region of Interest
Traditional monitoring solutions are notorious for giving false alarms and notifying users of unimportant events. Take charge of your monitoring preferences with SmartZone. Recordings and alerts happen only in your specified area with built-in motion sensing technology. Eliminate false alarms with the increased alert accuracy of SmartZone technology. Simply select the area(s) you want to keep an eye on, and only receive notifications when movement is detected there.
- Select areas on a grid overlay within the cameras’ view to specify the areas you want to monitor.
- When an object moves inside the SmartZone area, you will receive a notification on your smartphone or tablet, and the camera will record.
- SmartZone is designed to reduce unwanted motion triggers in areas of low importance.
Integrated Smart Sensors
Stay connected to every aspect of your property with integrated sensors for temperature, sounds & motion. Each sensor can be used to create notifications that keep you in touch with so much more than just comings and goings. Smart alerts keep you informed of important events around your property, even the ones you can’t see.
FLIR FX Technical Support
We're here to help - our technicians are available by phone or online:
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday, Closed Sunday.
9:00am - 10:00pm EST.
Indoor Camera Features
The indoor mounting stand makes FLIR FX a premium indoor HD video monitoring solution, with a wide-angle lens that lets you cover an entire room. Watch the kids playing, ensure your pet is behaving, or check on your elderly relative with ease (stand sold separately).
FLIR FX allows you to mix and match camera accessories for a variety of video monitoring applications such as outdoor security, home monitoring, recording in a vehicle, sports recording, and more. With a wide range of applications and purpose-driven features, FLIR FX is a flexible video monitoring solution that changes to suit your video monitoring needs. Please refer to the FLIRSECURE website for the Quick Start Guide.
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, when FLIR seemed to recognize that not all consumers want cloud service, I was happy to buy their product with the hopes of a direct home network streaming option. Well, that failed.
The only way to stream from this device without using the cloud service is through a direct, cumbersome, and stupid direct WiFi hotspot connection to the camera. See, instead of leveraging your own, much stronger WiFi network by just tapping into it and streaming across its bandwidth like say, oh, EVERY OTHER PRODUCT YOU OWN, FLIR decided to require you to direct connect your mobile device to a new WiFi signal sent out by the device itself. Ok, that could potentially work - but in reality it doesn't.
Aside from being very annoying to have to switch your mobile device back and forth between networks, and thereby also destroying your ability to use the mobile device on your own home network for other tasks at the same time as video monitoring, the WiFi signal strength SUCKS. FLIR says the range is 500 feet. Don't believe it. Not only is that some perfect world line-of-sight number, in reality it won't work down the hall. Trust me, I tried. In fact, I couldn't get the device to have a strong enough signal 30-50 feet away through a single wall - with an open door. It's so bad that I wanted to use this for baby monitoring between two directly adjacent rooms separated by a very narrow hall and with two open doors - we're talking 20 feet - and NOPE. It might connect, but it cuts out and is totally unreliable.
Moreover, direct connection is a battery burner. However, confirmed on two very new iPhones, you could watch the batter percent drop as you used it. Don't expect to watch on battery for more than an hour or so. Why? Well, as best I can tell, because, again, the WiFi sucks. The underpowered antenna is pushing out whatever it can, heating up the camera, and your phone is doing the same, getting hotter and hotter in your hands as it tries to boost signal. Sadly, when you do get the direct connection to work, lag still exists (1-3 seconds in practice) and the intercom feature only works sometimes, with great lag, and often freezes the unit. No matter how you cut it, the direct connection is just not usable.
So, what about the cloud? Well, that does seem to work, but you will be using up bandwidth, there is still an unusually high drain on mobile device battery (but much better than direct connect), the lag increases to 5-10 seconds, much like complaints with the Nest product, you now have to worry more about security, and you are using up bandwidth, which I guess we'll just see about impacting our ISP service. Also, the intercom feature is completely useless. They need to optimize their streaming because the unit seems to barely be able to handle the video and audio captured by the camera and its mic - it can't seem to handle simple intercom communication - much less real-time 2 way like is offered through FaceTime or Skype. In fact, I have to say, I'm tempted to find an old iPhone and just set it up on a little stand with FaceTime enabled. Aside from losing night vision, I think it might work better than all these products for purposes such as baby monitoring. That's sad folks - you need to step up your game.
This is all avoidable. These companies appear to be making connections harder and more locked down so that they can control access to the video feed from the product you just paid a fairly high dollar amount to own. They want to cash in on you buying cloud services, the real money maker. There is no good reason why these devices don't directly mesh into your own home network - Sonos learned that lesson, as have lots of other streaming devices that take HD sound and video and throw it across your own network. If this product did use your own network, in theory you could watch through your computer using a simple IP address menu login (like your router or other devices), a downloadable computer program (remember those?), or a mobile app. You could record to your own hard drive, and you could stream without lag over your own network without any bandwidth concerns. Power consumption on both devices would be less, and you could lock down security as you saw fit because all the network traffic would stay within your network and your firewall.
But no. They broke their own device. What a shame. Frankly, I'm trying to decide whether to return this. I have little use for its other features, and frankly at least the Nest product integrates with my other smarthome products. Congrats, folks, you killed the one feature that could have set you apart and made you leader in your class. Way to go.