Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 316 reviews
on October 11, 2014
It's strange to believe I've had this pair for over three years.. They're extremely durable, made of great material, and do exactly what they're meant to do. Short of using mouse and keyboard, I don't like to FPS without them. They give you a greater range of motion, allowing you to make tiny thumbstick adjustments and up the sensitivity. The result, after some getting used to, is some pretty sharp shooting. Though, it's a classic case of "one size does not fit all".

-On the DS3 and DS4 the three hooks sit underneath the ridges of the thumbsticks and hold firm. They pop on and off real easily without digging into the material and performance is superb. 10/10.

-Xbox 360 controllers work great if you never have to take them off.. I've had them ruin the thumbsticks of an official 360 controller, the Arkham City limited edition controller, and a gamestop controller. To their credit, they stayed put while gaming and function exactly as intended.. but it wasn't until months had gone by on each controller that I went to remove them for a non-fps game like batman or assassins creed.. Doing that ended up tearing the controllers. The three hooks dig into the material in a bad way and rip the thumbsticks when you try to take them off. 6/10.

-Wii u Pro and Xbox One controllers don't fit this model. They merely sit atop, loosely. Sudden motion or excessive force in a particular direction (Driving games, for example) will push them right off. Do not use this model for those controllers. Not valid for review because they're not intended for these controllers anyways though.
on March 4, 2013
There is a time while performing any activity where we "hit a wall" and progress slows and then crawls to a stop. When this happened to me while playing shooter's games in XBox 360; I tried all kinds of coping mechanisms to "break through wall" and continue progressing. Among things I tried was ordering a couple items for my controller (legal of course), one of which was the FPS Freek Thumb Control Extenders.

These are sold by KontrolFreek in Amazon and they delivered them fast and well packed. From different models they sell, I decided to go with Freek's because thought that with shorter height, they would be the easiest to adapt too. Install was a breeze and obviously there was a learning curve as your brain/hand connection gets adapted to them. Once they do... you are a better player, just like that. There is a bunch of Geometry & Physics laws that explain why; but it's more fun just to say "Wow these Freekies work!"

My game improved and that nudge was all I needed to "break through wall." The Freekies are now a permanent part of my XBox 360 controller. They provide thumbs an increased freedom of movement and better grip. This translates to more precision and faster recovery during those "Oh my God" moments when saving the world (or your team) from annihilation is the ultimate goal. Highly recommended!
on February 20, 2012
First off, the main reason I bought these is because I have big hands and these were an extension for my controller thumb sticks, I use mine for Xbox 360 and I can play bit more comfortably now!

Aiming-
I really don't know how they work, but it really does increase my aim. Best used for FPS gamers like CoD, Halo 3 (which worked best for me), and Gears of War. I had to lower my sensitivity because it felt like it increased it a bit (maybe 1 or 2) but I got used to it and was able to bump it back up to normal.

Grip-
They claim to give better grip which I think is b.s because theres nothing wrong with controllers grip in the first place. They only reason I would believe that claim is when my thumb sticks wore out from using them too much!

HUGE CON-
The first time I attempted to remove them off my controller, it broke the thumb stick!!!! It took it right out of its place and thats with me being sensitive with it and trying to take it off lightly. I can't tell you how bad that pissed me off since I take care of everything I own. They really need to find a way to remove these off the thumb sticks without breaking them. UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT. That doesn't mean I don't use them anymore, I just never take them off my NEW CONTROLLER >:( >:( >:(
on April 15, 2013
Let me preface this by saying that I love gaming but have little time to actually game. That said, when I game I want it to be the least stressful experience I can have, to have fun, because thats really why we play video games. I love fps shooters but the competitiveness of fps online gameplay is ridiculous. I'm addicted to it but it also makes me want to throw my controller half way across the room. You need to not only be good, but also have a massive amount of patience, along with getting any advantage you can over your opposing players and this product helps you do that hands down. I'm a run and gunner on those games and I need the high sensitivity and precision to do well and I gotta say that, though I took a little getting use to, this product really improved my aim and overall play in fps games like BO2, crysis 3, and 3rd person shooters like Gears of War. I highly recommend this product. Whoever you are and whatever shooter you play, I promise this product will improve your gameplay, I cannot play without it, if you get it you must have a patience because it takes a little getting use to.
on February 16, 2012
I purchased the this product back in 2010, and needless to say, I still use it today. Although my original intention was to use it to help me get better in FPS games, I have found that it suits my hands just comfortably with any type of game. I have large hands, so the expanded lift off the of thumbs ticks and away from the controller felt a little weird at first, but they definitely feel comfortable in a sense that I don't really want to play without them. The as the grip of the regular PS3 thumbsticks wears down, it becomes more prone to finger-slipping, especially in tense situations, yet this attachment, with it's concave design, helps to drastically reduce that. In addition, it does what is it supposed to do, which, because of it's extended lift, give more control over the dead zones (the area closest to the center of the stick placement that allows for finer movement of, say, the camera or character), which helps a lot. I used to use it to help me in Killzone, and although I personally didn't get better (due to just not putting the time in to get good at the game), I can see how it helps others in regards to specifically FPSes.

The only issue that I have found with it is that, the bottom notches that are supposed to hook it to the sticks can be a little bit ineffective at times. Sometimes, if you play with it for a while, the Freeks will stay on and almost never seem to come off unless you take them off. Other times, you might think you have them on, and after a few minutes, you're playing and one just pops off. It can be a little irritating, as one of the 3 the hooks on the bottom of each of the Freeks seems not to be able to get a clean hold under the ledge of the thumbsticks, and rather pushes close to the bottom of the side of it inward, causing a small bit of indentation around the edge of the thumbsticks. It's a small matter, really, and not make or break, but that's just the experience that I've come across with them. Nevertheless, having the product a little over a year now, I can say that it's one to stick with.
on August 22, 2011
I purchased this product not because I wanted to improve my aim in FPS, but because lately I've been having issues with my left thumb where it feels like something is wrong with the socket. It would click and hurt when I moved it in certain directions, yet the pain wasn't severe, just enough to put a decent sized damper on my gaming. Additionally, I have been getting into some open world games like Just Cause 2 and Fallout that give you a lot of bang for the buck but can take their toll on your thumbs during long sessions.

The reviews convinced me these L3/R3 button enhancers would stay on the sticks okay, but I had to wait and see if they would actually help with my thumb issues. I'm pleased to say that they did! Not only can I play for hours on end without my left thumb giving problems, but the edges on these thumb stick enhancers are less pointed and softer than those on the PS3 controller, so I can keep playing without the ends of my thumbs starting to feel raw.

They also attach easily enough to your thumb sticks (they may require you to rotate them a little to get a good grip under the pad on the end of the stick), and the only bad thing I can say about them is also perhaps a positive: they can't really stand up to the frantic play of games that require quick thumb stick motions (I discovered this while playing Fight Night Champion), but I suppose if they did an even better job of staying on, then folks would complain about how difficult they are to remove.
on June 16, 2013
I am a big first person shooter fan and until recently I have only played them on PC because I tried playing on consoles a number of times and I honestly thought they sucked!

My girlfriends kids love to play FPS on consoles and I wanted to be able to play with them so I thought I would give these a try and they are cheap so if I didn't like them I wasn't out a whole lot.

For the price you can not beat the almost instant improvement to any shooter type game. I snapped them on my controller and within 10 minutes I felt a HUGE improvement in both my aim and movement.

So far I have played through the entire Halo 4 campaign and half of the spartan ops missions and now I am starting on COD: Black Ops.

Just buy them, you won't be disappointed!
on November 20, 2014
I love these. I play mostly shooters (COD and Battlefield). What I did was install these and bump up the sensitivity... Improves game play and easier to make those fine adjustments when scoped in. I now have PS4 and ordered more KontrolFreeks for that as I hate the sticks on that controller. My thumbs keep slipping off. So these should definitely help with that and improve my score. Be sure to get the ones made for PS controllers because they have a little less plastic (and maybe slightly different shape) on the teeth that hold it to the stick. I tried using these on the PS4 controller and they get in the way when trying to run. So the little less extra plastic should remedy that.
on July 11, 2013
I was skeptical at first about these, but I went ahead and ordered a pair, and my gaming is just better than ever before. It's also very useful if you have big thumbs or even have thumb problems, for whatever weird reason, as it well help it feel more natural and use much less effort to use. After a month of using these i decided to just a different controller with out the KontrolFreeks and holy shrimp was there a difference. My accuracy was worse than dirt, and the sticks felt so tiny and hurt my thumbs.
Overall, totally recommend this product.
on May 15, 2011
FPS Freeks have improved my k/d ratio on Black Ops (XBOX 360)by 2-3 kills per game. Might not seem like much but it adds up. I can't stress enough how natural they feel. It takes about an hour of game play to get use to it, but once it hits you, you'll never wanna go back to your original controller style again. What I also like about them is that they can be put on and taken off without any tools. So if you want to switch controllers, or your just simply going to a friends house, they just snap off and off you go.
Basically if you play any kind of FPS; Brink (hopefully ur not -lol),Crysis 2,Borderlands, Bulletstorm, Black Ops, MW2,Battlefield 2, Halo Reach, Halo 3, KILLZONE 3, Resistance 2, MAG, Section 8--these FPS FREEKS WILL IMPROVE KILL/DEATH RATIO. Worst case scenario you have faster mobility and reaction time on the battlefield, which equals to better k/d (just saying).

Bottom Line:
Pros
* Inexpensive for what they do
* NO TOOLS NECESSARY!
* Fast and Easy Movement
* Improved K/D ratio and mobility on the battlefield
* Cuts your reaction time by 1/3
* After about an hour you won't notice them and they'll feel natural

Cons
* All the noobs who will have to endure your wrath on the battlefield :p
* They don't come in neon blue :(

Closing Argument (Bottom Line why should I buy these?):

If you have any inclination to buy MW3, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, or Resistance 3 stop reading this review and click Add to Cart right now. FPS Freeks have helped me out a lot and that's why I'm writing such a glowing review. It's rare sometimes to find such a high quality 3rd party video game product. Happy Fragin'!

Editors Note:
Before I wrote this review I honestly didn't realize at the time that all of those games mentioned above (in closing argument) happened to be the third game of there specific series. Kinda Kool.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.