Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Frigidaire 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls, White
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Install it at the window to maintain a steady temperature in your bedroom or office
- Control the temperature prolifically with 1465.36 W cooling power
- With the 150 Sq. ft. cooling coverage, keep your kitchen or living room comfortably cool
- Have more control over air flow with 2 fan speeds
- Mechanical rotary controls with 2 cool speeds and 2 fan speeds to achieve climate control when you need it most with
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
On hot, humid days, Frigidaire's 5,000 BTU window-mounted air conditioner quickly cools a room upto 150 square feet. This mini-compact unit features mechanical rotary controls and top, full-width, 2-way air direction control. The washable filter with side, slide-out access reduces bacteria, room odors, and other airborne particles for a healthier, more comfortable environment. After a power outage, Effortless Restart automatically resumes operating at its previous settings once power is restored. Plus, low power start-up conserves energy and saves you money. Year after year, Frigidaire is the brand you can trust to keep you cool and comfortable.
Compare with similar items
MIDEA MAW05M1BWT Window air conditioner 5000 BTU with Mechanical Controls, 7 temperature settings, 2 cooling and fan settings,110V, White
LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Remote Control Air Conditioner, White
GE AHV05LZ Window Air Conditioner with 5050 BTU Cooling Capacity, 115 Volts in White
Jeacent AC Window Air Conditioner Support Bracket Light Duty, Up to 85 lbs
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To reiterate - this is for a single, small room. The 2 rooms we put these in are 150 - 200 s.f. each. We keep the doors closed when they're running. If that's what you're looking for, you'll probably be very happy! But if you want to cool a bigger space, buy a bigger and more expensive A/C.
See below for more detailed initial review:
I bought 2 of these little A/C units for the upstairs bedrooms in my house. I live in the south and when it is in the 90s for several weeks at a time, the upstairs of my house stays hot even at night. I got these to make the bedrooms for comfortable for sleeping.
They are small units, only suitable for a single room. The nice thing is that a single person can easily carry them from the porch to wherever you want to install them. They are not super heavy. I got mine upstairs just fine. The installation is also very simple. You don't need anything extra - the package comes with the top bracket and the side panels. If you want to buy a support bracket, you could but it is not a heavy unit so not necessary.
Installation took me an hour in total. That included a quick trip to the hardware store for an extra piece of wood to put on my window frame. If you have a storm window frame on the outside that is a bit higher than the inside window sill, you'll need a piece of wood. This is explained in the instruction manual. Once we got that, it was quick work to drill a few holes and put it up. The air conditioner feels very secure and does not wobble. It also does come with weather stripping if you want to get all fancy, but we'll just keep the bedroom doors closed so I didn't get too careful.
The unit is remarkably quiet! The extra piece of wood we added to the window sill probably helped. But it sounds like something I can sleep through no problem. It sounds like white noise - kind of like a hotel air conditioner but it is a constant hum so it won't bother most people. It does not rattle. But keep in mind, this is not a $500 air conditioner and it does make noise! It is just soothing noise because it is making the air cool and happy.
Overall, I recommend this air conditioner if you have a single room that you want to cool down, don't mind a humming white noice sound, and also don't want to spend a lot of money.
1) poor window fitment- the slide-out sides do not go flush to bottom/top OR sides- huge gaps even with the insulation strips they provide and stuff I had to buy on my own.. Even with using tape, there's visible gaps, insects can freely come in, and it sounds like all 3 windows in the room are wide open sound-wise.
2) temperature regulation- (this applies to being on low or high cool)- If I set it to 7 out of 7- the room will quickly go to 68 degrees. Over the course of the night it will occasionally drop to 64 (which is nice I'll admit, but not nice enough for me to want to pay for that!) so if I nudge the dial to 6, it will within 30-40 minutes hit around 76 (NOT nice). The temperature really swings wildly so there's no one setting I can keep it up and have to get up when I'm sweating or its too chilly- I don't understand the poor regulation
3) After minutes of running, it will, with an enormously loud sudden sigh of exhaustion/expulsion, stop running, BEEP annoyingly, pause for a few seconds, then start running again. It does this continuously when running.
This is incredibly high maintenance, I know it can get my room comfortable but it sure can't maintain it in a comfort zone (or do so with just normal/acceptable running noise). I'd like to say had I know how wishy washy it was I would've spent more for something with true temperature settings or a remote, but I'm really cheap and I'm stuck with this one. (Not saying if I didn't win the lottery I'd huck it out the window and get one in the $200-$300.
I have it plugged into a very expensive APC surge/brown-out/battery back up unit in which a lamp, my Echo Dot, and my cell phone charger are plugged in (8 more outlets available). I cannot plug in/run my 5.7 amp Bissell Pro Pet Spot Cleaner without tripping the whole thing (as I found out a few nights ago when my puppy threw up several times in the middle of the night).
I wouldn't recommend this unit unless you a) are cheap/broke like me or b) are not temperature swing sensitive and sleep like the dead straight through the night